E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
MLZ225

My Ride: Land Cruiser
Relationship advice.

Now, im not the type of guy who usually cries about women etc..., normally i would dump her and move on, but she's has been really nice to me and i want to give her a chance.

I started dated this good girl almost a year ago now, pretty inexperienced in the dating scene; but she's a really good girl. To be honest, i am her first real boyfriend.
Fast forward a year into the relationship, she expects today to be like "when we first started dating".

She also has a LOT of time on her hands, which i think is the reason why she gets to think so much. Me on the other hand , I work full time and more, but she instead is only taking 2 courses this semester, and only works on weekends, so she spends the rest of her weekly days, in shopping malls or coffee shops, "studying", gazing into the air, and thinking about me, then *****es to me about how we don't spend quality time together?

Im out of things to say to her here, i just want to dump her and keep doing my thing, but she'll probably cut herself or commit suicide.

Last edited by MLZ225; 12-17-2009 at 07:39 PM.
MLZ225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
give her the walking papers, but before you do explain how you feel. She wont get it, but maybe in the future she will.
You don thave time for that BS, and she has too much time.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
PAOLO JR

My Ride: E46 323I BMW
Send a message via MSN to PAOLO JR
You are the captain of youre ship , Its for you to lead and have a smooth sailing , Shes young like you said and you are her real first bf , Well Its for you to mauld her , After all she may view you as being the Captain , dont be shy speak youre mind , Talking solves 99.9% of every thing , Be kind polite and reason with her ! Diplomacy.

If that fails well then shes just Inconsiderate !
PAOLO JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
she sounds like a stray puppy. You feed a stray puppy once it will love you and follow you around. But after while the puppy might eat your shoes or piss on your floor. That is when you have to smack the puppy on the butt and train it or get rid of the puppy. ( the puppy is your lady )

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!

Last edited by GRIFFIN; 12-17-2009 at 07:49 PM.
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
I've been with my girl almost 8 months and it still feels like we just started dating. If you don't feel this then move on.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
koven

My Ride: 330Ci
piitb
Old 12-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Elefant
Banned

My Ride: and hes hairy too
yo imma let you finish, but that sounds like one of the craziest girls of all time

of all time!
Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #8
GRIFFIN
NWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
piitb
that will teach her.

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
PAOLO JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
she sounds like a stray puppy. You feed a stray puppy once it will love you and follow you around. But after while the puppy might eat your shoes or piss on your floor. That is when you have to smack the puppy on the butt and train it or get rid of the puppy. ( the puppy is your lady )
That is when you have to smack the puppy on the butt and train it or get rid of the puppy. ( the puppy is your lady )
You are the captain of youre ship , Its for you to lead and have a smooth sailing , Shes young like you said and you are her real first bf , Well Its for you to mauld her
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
joem

My Ride: 2007 530xi
i think that i understand your situation. i have dealt with this in the past. I assume that you are not a very needy person and that you are generally pretty content being by yourself. When you come home from work, you probably just want to sit on the couch or make some dinner/watch the habs/surf the net whatever. Probably the last thing you want to do is have a serious relationship conversation/chat for hours/or do a bunch of sh1t that she has been waiting all day to do. after all, you have been at work all day and your mind is fried. Im not talking about being a lazy couch potato or anything, but as a normal standard everyday occurrence, you just can't deal with that sh1t.

if this is generally or partly true, it sounds like this girl needs a reality check...or a job. you might try sitting down with her in a nice way and having a conversation about how if things don't change and she doesn't get her emotions/needy behavior under control that the relationship will cease. tell her that you are not interested in a co-dependent relationship and that she is driving you bonkers.

this happened to me with my current gf who is awesome. it was just a habit and a way of thinking that she had got herself into which was not realistic for a long term relationship. at the time, my girl was between jobs and basically hanging out at starbucks or wherever and it was really going to her head. I would walk in the door after a long day at work and she would just start babbling about god knows what and then complain at me for not paying attention. it was like she had saved up a huge reservoir of energy for the second that i walked in the door. it was driving me effing crazy. now we have worked it out and she has calmed down. i just had to tell her to stop it now or it was over. it definitely helps when they are full time employed...then they have an opportunity to converse with humans during the day instead of saving up all day for you. just my $.02.

Last edited by joem; 12-17-2009 at 08:12 PM.
joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I've been with my girl almost 8 months and it still feels like we just started dating. If you don't feel this then move on.
best advice i've seen in a long time...

in life, IF you are looking for that "special" person and not just anyone...

it's hard to find...sometimes it can take years and many other failed relationships...but when you do find that right person...it will feel like it just began, for a lifetime...or at least many years.

but it takes effort, patience and understanding...on both parts...but mostly realistic behavior not "Speilberg's" interpretation of love.

i'd say if you are her 1st BF....then she has alot of growing and learning to do about herself, others and realistic expectaions of love, life and relationships.

you sound like a busy guy and that you have goals you're working toward...never let anyone get in the way of that...

and never let the fear of someone doing the big "S".... manage your decision.

...she won't, in fact a break up would probably be a great growing experience for her.... do you think you'll marry her? for the rest of her life and yours?
doesn't really sound like it.... so then you'll probably have to break it off someday...

in my experience the longer it goes....the harder it is...and the more drama will be includued.

spare yourselves the misery and do the right thing.

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
PAOLO JR

If you cut a man or a dog and he or It bleeds for 7 days will die after the 2nd well any thing the bleeds for 7 days and still walks and chews bubble gum Isnt normal ! Will never understand them , There not normal just say yes agree with her and get a bj out of It.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
how old is she......sounds like, she still has alot of maturing and growing up to do.....

not much you can do to fix that
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
how old is she......sounds like, she still has alot of maturing and growing up to do.....

not much you can do to fix that
on the contrary...he could break up with her...that would help her grow up...or at least be a start.

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
Dan99

My Ride: 2001 330xi
explain yourself to her and how you're feeling about the situation and if you guys cannot work it out, then end it. But if you just really don't like her, then just end it.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Hate to say it, but take advantage of her before she does of you. All girls are good at one time of their life, I like that stray puppy example, great example!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #17
GRIFFIN
NWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
Hate to say it, but take advantage of her before she does of you. All girls are good at one time of their life, I like that stray puppy example, great example!
Thank you.

It is tough to find the right girl. You need to know yourself and what you want in life. Then you need to find someone who is in the same place. Than you can use the other person to better and enrich your life, just as you will do the same for them. If she is hanging on you like a stray puppy, it will drive you nuts. It might be cool at first, getting ass is never a bad thing, but it comes with a price.

Some of my most fun sex/relationships have been with crazy chicks. But it was a lot of work to keep from being stabbed. I have the scars from when I did not pay attention. But the best sex/realtionship I have had is the girl that sucks my d!ck because I asked her too, not because she is insecure and her bottle wasn't handy.

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:

Last edited by GRIFFIN; 12-18-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #18
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
it you dont hit it, someone else will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #19
SydeSho

My Ride: 325i, S4
piitb... tell her that it is what you wanted to do "when we first started dating".

J/K You sound like you have made your decision already.

Walk.

Last edited by SydeSho; 12-20-2009 at 12:16 PM.
SydeSho is offline   Reply With Quote