E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #21
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
date her secretly, when you get bored of her, get your parents to hire new workers.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #22
calialx1

My Ride: FL 330i, 3000GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
date her secretly, when you get bored of her, get your parents to hire new workers.
lol

but seriously, my perents are kinda the same as yours. So I say do what I do and date girls secretly, actually do whatever you want secretely if thats what it take to keep things running smoothly. And if your perents have issues with you going out just tell them you are going to the library or to work on a project with a classmate, its worked for me in the past.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #23
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
^totally badass
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #24
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
its fvk'd up.. but if you do date her and are serious with her, and decide to marry her one day, your parents will resent it because they had some reason to not want you around her..
i honestly can't relate at all because my parents are the exact opposite would would honestly be happy if i knocked up a random wh0r1e just so they could have a grandchild to play with..

i think they are very business minded, and they don't want you to fux around with the girls that work for them, because it will hurt their business.. if you are dating her, maybe she will come in late, take days off, etc and it will all be on you. She could maybe pull some story saying the owner's son did this and that, and was sexually harassing me, or raped me etc.. if things go south and she is a crazy b1tch, which many are.

i am reading what i wrote and fixing it.. unlike what i did in college.
ok, i don't care.. it makes sense...

Last edited by scott0482; 12-28-2009 at 01:28 AM.
scott0482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 AM   #25
pointman

My Ride: .
OP has to be trolling.
pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #26
pointman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummermaniac88 View Post
Greetings,

I can tell she is deeply in love with me.

We have discovered that we both like each other and wanted to start dating.

1. They cannot fully explain their reasoning why this girl is not right for me.
Bwahahahaha! This has got to be a joke!!! She is deeply in love with you and you've never dated!! BWAHAHAHA!!! I thought a 12 yr old wrote this. Amazing. I am putting this on my blog... as soon as I make one.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #27
pointman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummermaniac88 View Post
Thanks for all the insights! I feel like everyone is making an assumption of my parents the kind that allows me to own anything I want, object matter. Well from my point of view, they are very strict.

To put this into perspective they have not allowed me to do somethings that regular middle class parents would find ordinary.

1. Donate blood.
2. They have actually selected my friends and have used financial threats to ban me from meeting people from school.
3. Go out to car meets.
4. They have prohibited me from talking to some of the employees at work because they believe they are "negative".

I truly believe they do not trust me, they are quite patronizing from my perspective. Everything i do and say must be approved by them or modeled to their liking. Am I childish for thinking such?

Moreover, I believe they are quite hypocritical, which is primarily the reason why I am not fully buying their ideas on dating. They emphasize on the fact that dating at such a "young age" (21) only lets me meet girls that would "waste" my time. Fact - My parents met when they were 18. They believe that if they cannot perform well in school and dropped out because of dating (Both are high school educated) assumes that I can't either, but I believe I am rightful in saying I can and have because I have accelerated in a province with the highest drop out rates and is on the verge of graduating with much much more distractions than their era.
Quoted for future ROFL's in case OP decides to edit his posts.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:55 AM   #28
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
Sounds like you need to get new parents.

lol jk

Stick with number three. but either way eventually you are gonna collect way more than 3 lies with them about where you are gonna be. I have asian parents too and all that you have said is more than familiar. I've had a secret relationship before and it was just a pain in the ass. It was like a long distance relationship without the distance. The only thing you can do and eentually you will get more leway is to just do what you feel, but prove that you have enough common sense to do what is best for you in the end. They are probably going on the idea that American girls are out to get you for everything you have and they are just gonna leave you high and dry and they dont care for you like Asian girls. PFFT. A girl is a girl. Each and everyone is different but most are general. Do what you want. Test them a bit, push it, talk to them. Soon you start to get more freedom cause they will start to understand that there is no point to controlling you like a slave. Just don't forget the MAIN MAIN part. Do what is BEST for your life. Don't forget about the future. Do things as if you expect that things might not work out, cause then you wont be ****ed at square one when/if things goes south. Just be successful. That is really all that Asian parents want from you.

Good luck

EDIT: WHERE ARE THE DAMN PICS?
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #29
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
It must be so hard being an asian kid. You guys are such wimps. It's always asian kids with these kinds of problems.

I don't even know what to tell you. If your parents have that much control over your life and haven't steered you wrong thus far (i.e. you are safe, healthy, employed and educated) you might as well just curl up in the fetal position and let them keep doing what they've been doing. Telling you to "be a man and stand up to them" is not logical when they are still spoon feeding you everything you need to survive.

Besides, your parents are right. This girl is very unlikey to be the girl you spend the rest of your life with. This particular relationship is unlikely to work because 1) you are very inexperienced and 2) she is 18 and dumb (all girls are dumb at 18, don't bother arguing).

I say go ahead and hook up with Suzie McYellowFever on the down low. Work on securing your first real life peak at a vagina and keep it moving. It's not worth blowng this up into a whole big thing with your overbearing asian parents. It's sad to say but even at 21, you still need them a lot more than you need her.

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #30
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
no offense but your parents suck

its unfortunate that they have to mold you into another one of them rather than taking some confidence in the way they brought you up and let you make your own decisions. how will they ever be "proud" of you if you keep on doing basically what they say... its time for them to say "he's an adult, lets see how well his morals are and see what decisions he can make for himself"

i would have moved out years ago if i were you, can't deal with that sh*t....
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #31
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
Besides, your parents are right. This girl is very unlikey to be the girl you spend the rest of your life with. This particular relationship is unlikely to work because 1) you are very inexperienced and 2) she is 18 and dumb (all girls are dumb at 18, don't bother arguing).
Agreed however love not working out is something you NEED to experience, not just take someone's word for it and not try

Ya if you go outside and play in the mud, you'll get dirty too Does it matter when you are enjoying it at the moment?

If I ever have kids, I would never deprive them of life altering experiences.... first love, first broken heart, first fight, first cigarette, first beer, first bad grade, first time having sex, etc etc etc... these are all things that have a great impact on your life as a teenager, and i would NEVER stand in the way of that. making decisions and learning from the instances above will determine who that teenager will be. i'd be goddamned if my son/daughter had to live their life saying "what if" until they were 30
Old 12-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #32
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
I'm not sure if u are for real but man up and stop sucking on ur momma's teet - 21! U sound completely sheltered

First off this girl is 18 - do u know girls at this age are extremely risky?

She needs to fuk at least 4 more guys and have her heart broken

she needs to have her lesbo experience at 19 with guys cheering her on to eat that chick out

don't take this experience seriously or you'll get fuked over.

I hate to agree with some of the guys here but step back use her and move on

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #33
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Sucks to have parent's like that. Both my parents are traditional chinese parents but not strict with school, my mother tells me to married asians only b/c of her ignorance of other races. Black girls are loud/obnoxious, white girls are sl<sp>utty, blah, blah. I've dated many different types of girls and brought them home, never told them they were my girlfriends but it was pretty obvious. Keeping bring other girls home or to the restaurant and the french canadian will look like the best option. Date her secretly, chances of you being with her in two years is very unlikely.

At 21, you should be out having fun, not living with mommy and daddy and spending their money. Your dependence on them financial is what gives them the control. Go out and live your own life, they will evenly let you go and do whatever you want b/c they know you can live without them.

Asian parents are protective with boys, they want what's best for you, they believe a chinese girl will stay with you in good and bad times, doesn't care about money. In fact b/c asian girls want to get out of that stereotype, some of them are far worst then any other girls.

Your problem isn't with girls or your parents but your desire to live in "comfort", everything handed to you. Live the life your parents asked and then be rewarded at the end. It's time to grow up.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Sounds to me like your life (MONEY) is very dependent on your parents. If you're ready to sever that bond and buy your own car, pay for your own apartment, buy your own food, pay for your own school, etc. then ignore what your parents say but if you're not ready to do that then follow their wishes.

IMO you can't suckle upon their financial teat at 21 years of age and then be upset when they try and tell you how to live.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #35
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
Sounds to me like your life (MONEY) is very dependent on your parents. If you're ready to sever that bond and buy your own car, pay for your own apartment, buy your own food, pay for your own school, etc. then ignore what your parents say but if you're not ready to do that then follow their wishes.

IMO you can't suckle upon their financial teat at 21 years of age and then be upset when they try and tell you how to live.
i like how we both used the boob in our responses lol

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #36
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
i like how we both used the boob in our responses lol
I didn't even read any of the replies, great minds think alike?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #37
Hartge50
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH

My Ride: The Hertz Mobile
Option # 4.

Don't be a programmable robot.
Hartge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #38
SydeSho

My Ride: 325i, S4
Man up, do what you want. Don't let hoes get in the way of your education. Use dong bags and pull out. You should respect your parents, because they are giving you everything, but what they don't know won't hurt them.

On that note, if you are going to rely on someone else to provide you with everything, get use to being told what to do.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #39
Biznatch

My Ride: 05 Benz, 93 3000GT
Quote:
It must be so hard being an asian kid. You guys are such wimps. It's always asian kids with these kinds of problems.

I don't even know what to tell you. If your parents have that much control over your life and haven't steered you wrong thus far (i.e. you are safe, healthy, employed and educated) you might as well just curl up in the fetal position and let them keep doing what they've been doing. Telling you to "be a man and stand up to them" is not logical when they are still spoon feeding you everything you need to survive.

I say go ahead and hook up with Suzie McYellowFever on the down low. Work on securing your first real life peak at a vagina and keep it moving. It's not worth blowng this up into a whole big thing with your overbearing asian parents. It's sad to say but even at 21, you still need them a lot more than you need her.
Best response in the entire thread.
Biznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #40
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:

damn berzerkas went harder than lupe on this thread