E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #21
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
I'm confused.... do all of the FK Coilovers come with Koni dampers or only certain versions?
The FKs that come with Koni shocks are the following...

Silverline
Silverline X
Konigsports

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
Project330i

My Ride: in awesome cars.
Man, $699 for a 6 way adjustible coilover setup w/ Koni's!?

I live in Boston and I run Koni yellows and H&R race... i'm looking to go with coilovers so that I can A. Get adjustability (raise for long drives north and lower for spirited driving) and B. get an aggressive setup for the occasion track use...

What do you guys think about going to this setup from what I'm running now?

I paid $700 for the Koni's and $250 for the springs before shipping... so thats over $1k going to a $700 suspension......... skeptical but about ready to make the jump
Project330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #23
redlin'r

My Ride: (E46) 330Ci
Joe,

Can you give us the spec's on the spring ratings for the following:

Sport Edition Plus E46 3-Series Coilover Suspension Kit-Externally Adjustable:

Konigsport E46 3-Series Coilover System-Adjustable Shocks:

Silverline X E46 3-Series Coilover System-Adjustable:

I noticed in some of the pictures on line that some shocks come with new rear mounts in the pictures and some don't. Can you answer which kits are going to come with new rear shock mounts?

I have been waiting to pull the trigger on coils and was pretty close to buyin K-Sport, however, the liftime warranty, vendor and reveiws plus new price are the pursuaders for me.

What is covered under the liftime warranty? Rebuilds? Corrosive housings malfuncting?

My last comment (I appologize for having so many) is regarding adjustments. Do they all listed above have 6 way adjusting, externally with dials? And just to clarify the height adjustments is not seperate and will modify the spring travel, correct?
redlin'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #24
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project330i View Post
Man, $699 for a 6 way adjustible coilover setup w/ Koni's!?

I live in Boston and I run Koni yellows and H&R race... i'm looking to go with coilovers so that I can A. Get adjustability (raise for long drives north and lower for spirited driving) and B. get an aggressive setup for the occasion track use...

What do you guys think about going to this setup from what I'm running now?

I paid $700 for the Koni's and $250 for the springs before shipping... so thats over $1k going to a $700 suspension......... skeptical but about ready to make the jump
If your planning on daily driving this vehicle I would suggest the Silverline X's.

FK Silverline X Coilover systems feature a corrosion resistant stainless steel bodies especially desirable for cars in salty or wet conditions.

These FK Silverline Coilover systems are height adjustable from 40-70mm's.

This FK Silverline Plus X coilover system for your E46 3-Series also feature Koni Adjustable shocks.

These Koni shocks give a firm & sporty ride with outstanding performance capabilities and come with a lifetime warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlin'r View Post
Joe,

Can you give us the spec's on the spring ratings for the following:

Sport Edition Plus E46 3-Series Coilover Suspension Kit-Externally Adjustable:

Konigsport E46 3-Series Coilover System-Adjustable Shocks:

Silverline X E46 3-Series Coilover System-Adjustable:

I noticed in some of the pictures on line that some shocks come with new rear mounts in the pictures and some don't. Can you answer which kits are going to come with new rear shock mounts?

I have been waiting to pull the trigger on coils and was pretty close to buyin K-Sport, however, the liftime warranty, vendor and reveiws plus new price are the persuades for me.

What is covered under the lifetime warranty? Rebuilds? Corrosive housings malfunctioning?

My last comment (I apologize for having so many) is regarding adjustments. Do they all listed above have 6 way adjusting, externally with dials? And just to clarify the height adjustments is not separate and will modify the spring travel, correct?
Unfortunately, FK does not release their spring rates on those models. We have tried on several occasions, and they simply will not give the rates out. This is similar to H&R's policies on their springs.

Actually only the Sport Edition Plus's come with new rear shock mounts.

FK Automotive warranties cover the original owner's product to be free from defects in workmanship and assembly, for as long as they own this FK product.

This warranty covers the build quality over all and the damper (springs and housings only). All claims will go thought us ECS Tuning and we will facilitate any repair or replacement with FK on your behalf.

The sport edition plus are the only ones that are different. They have an adjustment knob that comes with them. The rest are built in.

To make the adjustments on fronts you can adjust while installed, however in the rears would need to be removed to adjust dampening. The shock needs fully compressed to alter them.

As always please let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #25
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Joe, how is after warranty support on things like, replacement wrenches, spring perches, shock rebuilds, etc?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Joe, how is after warranty support on things like, replacement wrenches, spring perches, shock rebuilds, etc?
You simply contact us send photos if it is something that needs repaired send us the part and will take care of it from there.

However if it is something that will need replaced you again will need to send photos and then we will determine cause then send you a replacement.

Those are the two most typical situations, it does not work like that 100% of time because each situation is unique, however those are the two best examples to answer your question.

Best,
Joe

Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #27
Snik
OEM ///Member

cool, im trying to work a deal on a used set, otherwise, i'll most likely go new with you guys later on.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #28
hummermaniac88

My Ride: 320i
^ should get new from ECS cause you can take advantage of the life time warranty!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #29
Snik
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummermaniac88 View Post
^ should get new from ECS cause you can take advantage of the life time warranty!
pockets are slim bro, just put full suspension on the bike. it aint happening soon
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #30
redlin'r

My Ride: (E46) 330Ci
I just bought mine today and now the ETA is April 26th? What's the reason for this now....This is a big deal if it's going to take that long......PM me please to confirm when my order will be shipped!
redlin'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:02 PM   #31
zugellos

My Ride: '02 330i
I decided to go with Raceland's!
I've had mine in for a couple of weeks now.
Racking up miles on them...I think I've logged about 1000 miles already.

I'm lov'n it.
Pretty darn good considering how much I paid for them!
zugellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #32
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlin'r View Post
I just bought mine today and now the ETA is April 26th? What's the reason for this now....This is a big deal if it's going to take that long......PM me please to confirm when my order will be shipped!
PM sent!

Thanks for the orders everyone!

Old 03-31-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
jrmichelbook

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325xi
Will these work for XI models?
jrmichelbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #34
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmichelbook View Post
Will these work for XI models?
XI use there own specific coils which you can find below...

Click HERE to order or for more information.

As always please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

Old 04-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #35
Dskinn91

My Ride: 04 330i Zhp
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...ries/ES248296/

how low will theses go on my zhp???
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #36
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskinn91 View Post
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...ries/ES248296/

how low will theses go on my zhp???
FK Silverline's feature height adjustment from 40-70mm's lower then stock. In reality they lowering specs are used for DOT approval. Typically FK systems can go lower than what is stated.

I have created a custom link specifically for you. Click HERE to order or for more information.

From there all you need to do is simply enter your postal code and you will be given an exact & instant shipping quote with no need to log in!

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

Old 04-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #37
glovesoff

My Ride: 1999 328i
so I see the "corrosion resistant" coils... but what are the consequences of running Sport Edition Plus coilovers in the snowy Midwest? I like the price/adjustment capabilities of the Sport Edition Plus, but are they going to rust away after 3-5 years?? Is that covered under the warranty?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #38
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesoff View Post
so I see the "corrosion resistant" coils... but what are the consequences of running Sport Edition Plus coilovers in the snowy Midwest? I like the price/adjustment capabilities of the Sport Edition Plus, but are they going to rust away after 3-5 years?? Is that covered under the warranty?
As long as you keep the thread on the coils coated in a grease, they should be fine. What most people are concerned about are not the housing rusting away, but the threads corroding to the point where you will not be able to adjust them.

So as long as they are coated there shouldn't be any problem. FK does not warranty rust, nor does any suspension manufacture that I know of.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #39
glovesoff

My Ride: 1999 328i
How often do the threads need coated? How hard is it to get to the coils to spray them once the c/o's are on the car... do you just have to take the wheels off to get to them?

And to confirm, there is no worry of rust on the coil springs or housings?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #40
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesoff View Post
How often do the threads need coated? How hard is it to get to the coils to spray them once the c/o's are on the car... do you just have to take the wheels off to get to them?

And to confirm, there is no worry of rust on the coil springs or housings?
I would check them every spring and fall just to be safe, using your judgment. You will want to take the wheels off yes, if you need to respray them.

They will not rust any more then any of your stock suspension components.

Best,
Joe