E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #41
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
couldnt i just greas ethe fuk out of the exposed threads every few months to create a protective coat?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #42
glovesoff

My Ride: 1999 328i

haha. jk. thanks for answering all these questions promptly Joe.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #43
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesoff View Post

haha. jk. thanks for answering all these questions promptly Joe.
Glad to help! Thanks for the opportunity to Gloves.

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #44
jott5555

My Ride: 01 330ci
Im curious about these but are they really a month out on ordering?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #45
glovesoff

Arethere any significant diffferences between the konigsports and the sport edition plus, besides the former are Koni shocks? What's the benefit of the Konis over the other FK shocks? And do the Konis also need greased?

Last edited by glovesoff; 04-04-2010 at 06:06 PM.
glovesoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #46
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jott5555 View Post
Im curious about these but are they really a month out on ordering?
All of our BMW FK coils are coming in a limited supply, so right now our current ETAs are correct due to our current pricing and interest.

Quote:
Arethere any significant diffferences between the konigsports and the sport edition plus, besides the former are Koni shocks? What's the benefit of the Konis over the other FK shocks? And do the Konis also need greased?
The only real differences are as you stated the Koni made shocks. I am currently running the Sport Edition Plus' on my E46 and could not be happier!

Please let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Old 04-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #47
love2drive330CI

My Ride: 2001 330CI
Looking at the Sports Edition Plus... anyone with oem sports package running these Sports Edition that can compare ride quality and handling vs oem sports pkg??

Joe, I live in Florida and we definitely have a rainy season...I see you said keep em greased... comments on Florida usage of the Sports Editions with lots of rain at times??
Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #48
tiloulou330i

My Ride: 02 330i zsp
Send a message via AIM to tiloulou330i Send a message via MSN to tiloulou330i Send a message via Yahoo to tiloulou330i
I ordered them since March 8th and i still don't get them yet and my cc is already charged.April 14th is the ETA now so if by then it is not shipped just refund me.When i ordered them the eta was march 22nd then it got changed to April 7th and again April 14th.I'm getting tired of waiting for them.

Originally Posted by nawmean?
I know I sound naive, but some of the advice I've taken from this board has helped my life quite a bit
tiloulou330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #49
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2drive330CI View Post
Looking at the Sports Edition Plus... anyone with oem sports package running these Sports Edition that can compare ride quality and handling vs oem sports pkg??

Joe, I live in Florida and we definitely have a rainy season...I see you said keep em greased... comments on Florida usage of the Sports Editions with lots of rain at times??
As far as the ride goes... it's fairly subjective to compare them to stock and will also depend on which model coilover, local road conditions, etc...

The dampening adjustable versions on full soft settings, will ride (in my opinion) very similar to stock... set on full firm, it is quite stiff for daily driving.
I personally have a set of the Sports Edition Plus'on my E46 330i and have been extremely happy with them for daily driving.

As long as you do not live close to the ocean you will not have need for the Silverlines, as long as the threads are greased you should be good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloulou330i View Post
I ordered them since March 8th and i still don't get them yet and my cc is already charged.April 14th is the ETA now so if by then it is not shipped just refund me.When i ordered them the eta was march 22nd then it got changed to April 7th and again April 14th.I'm getting tired of waiting for them.
PM Sent!

Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #50
love2drive330CI

My Ride: 2001 330CI
I am about 30 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico (Fort Myers Beach). Even though I don't smell the salty air..hhhhmmmmmmm.

I know its subjective but wanted to hear from people that had dd with oem sports pkg to get their opinions. I want increase in handling, am willing to give up little comfort. I would say 90% of roads down here are smooth enough to give up little softness for handling.

Sports pkg people chime in please?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #51
glovesoff

I will be able to give a review hopefully in 1-2 weeks. I have Konigsports on the way
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #52
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
I will be able to give a review hopefully in 1-2 weeks. I have Konigsports on the way
Be sure to keep us posted!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #53
cconover

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Just to be clear, these fit the OEM rear shock mounts, correct?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #54
LeontiyZHP

My Ride: '04 330Ci ZHP
Hey Joe do you have any pictures of your setup?

Have you used them on the track/auto-x or only daily? Just curious if these would be a good setup to use for both.. Great price though! (when is the sale over? I don't want to miss it if I decide to go through with it)

2004 330Ci ZHP
Pioneer Avic D3, Xplod Amp w/ 10' Sub |
CCFL Angel Eyes, LED interior/license plate/CREE reverse lights
Car For Sale

DIY Facelift Angel Eyes | AVIC-D3 Install | flickr
LeontiyZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #55
be-doubleyou

My Ride: 02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by brohism View Post
You don't want to use OEM RSM's if you have any aftermarket suspension. Most likely they will give out and cause the strut to shoot up into your trunk. Get some aftermarket ones from a site sponsor.

be-doubleyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #56
cconover

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by be-doubleyou View Post
You don't want to use OEM RSM's if you have any aftermarket suspension. Most likely they will give out and cause the strut to shoot up into your trunk. Get some aftermarket ones from a site sponsor.
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my question. I have no intention of using the OEM shock mounts, but when purchasing aftermarket shock mounts I want to know what sizing I'd need to be shopping for.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #57
be-doubleyou

My Ride: 02 325ci
Quote:
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my question. I have no intention of using the OEM shock mounts, but when purchasing aftermarket shock mounts I want to know what sizing I'd need to be shopping for.
Hmm my bad. I believe they are the same specs but I'm not sure because my coilovers came with rsm's, so don't take my word for it. I know that the rogue engineering rsm's have worked for others. I would like to know for myself too.

be-doubleyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #58
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, they use the same size OEM mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by be-doubleyou View Post
+1

Quote:
You are correct, however you will want to use MEYLE HD replacements with new Gaskets and I would also recommend the Z3 reinforcement plate.

Once you decide which coilover you would like I can create a custom link for you with everything all in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeontiyZHP View Post
Hey Joe do you have any pictures of your setup?

Have you used them on the track/auto-x or only daily? Just curious if these would be a good setup to use for both.. Great price though! (when is the sale over? I don't want to miss it if I decide to go through with it)
Right after they were installed, it is now currently lower.

Mine is currently only being used for daily driving, however I would have no problem using them for BMWCCA DE Schools and or Auto-X.

Pricing is on a first come first serve basis, so once all of our po's are filled pricing will revert back to normal.

For anyone looking for more information, we have a thread running with nearly everything you would need to know here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=746255

Thanks for the orders guys and the opportunity to serve YOU!

Old 04-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #59
ojbimmer

My Ride: E46 coupe
Send a message via AIM to ojbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe View Post
Thanks for the kind words! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!

BMWs are my passion! I try to learn more about them all of the time, don't know it all... but I'm working on it! lol...

Thanks again for the order!
Joe
Hello JOE any better deals on these coilovers?
ojbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #60
ECSTuning
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojbimmer View Post
Hello JOE any better deals on these coilovers?
We actually do not offer any specific discounts as we try to price our products as competitive as possible so everyone can take advantage of the same savings. Never hurts to ask though!