E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #81
m1356guy

My Ride: is worth $5k
ya....but that car isnt functional at all, no engine. no headlights...dont even know if it has an interior
Old 01-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #82
niko084

My Ride: '02 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
M cars used to be about incredible balance and poise around a track, not nose-heavy 4400lb ugly pigs like the M6. There's no balance there, no 50/50 weight distribution there. It's more of an agile grand tourer. And that to me doesn't represent what //M used to.
While I understand what you are saying...

Yes the M3 out handles it but the M6 has it's market, if it was the same balance it would hurt the market.

I think the M6 earned it's name and I feel it has it's place in the market for sure.
I'll tell you one thing if I could afford and M6 I would definitely buy one for those long highway drives and have an M3 for the track.
niko084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #83
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
the 1 series should've been called the 2002

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #84
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
I can't believe people see the M version of the 1 as a problem here. For whatever reason BMW drivers seem pretty particular about design, and if the new stuff doesn't look exactly like what they're currently driving there is something wrong to them. Designs change! Its a fact of life here. This car embodies what BMW M cars should be. Since when was lightweight (by modern standards), high horsepower and accessible a bad thing? Seems to me like this is one car that is bringing BMW back to its roots. Anyone who thinks this car is taking away from the badge should turn their keys over to the closest real enthusiast available.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #85
QuoteWarz Insurance
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: M3
I think the new design looks nice, but it will definitely take some getting use to. I think over time people will start to appreciate the looks as they see more and more of them of the road. It is the samething everytime a company releases a completely redesigned look.
QuoteWarz Insurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #86
SKIPPY PB

My Ride: YZ125
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
throw in AWD and enough cabin space to comfortably fit a +6ft person with a helmet on and my wallet is yours!
Seems gay how the original M3 was supposed to be 30k range and the press release has this car headed for the 50's. If you get any options im sure itll be able to hit 60 fairly easy.

Im still very disappointed with BMWs lastest creations. But I would give it the cold shoulder. I still have some hope left that BMW can get it right.
SKIPPY PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #87
davidwarren
Halfway to 2L

My Ride: 2010 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
I can't believe people see the M version of the 1 as a problem here. For whatever reason BMW drivers seem pretty particular about design, and if the new stuff doesn't look exactly like what they're currently driving there is something wrong to them. Designs change! Its a fact of life here. This car embodies what BMW M cars should be. Since when was lightweight (by modern standards), high horsepower and accessible a bad thing? Seems to me like this is one car that is bringing BMW back to its roots. Anyone who thinks this car is taking away from the badge should turn their keys over to the closest real enthusiast available.
I agree with you.

You down with UCC? Ya you know me!
sowing the seeds of jiggery pokery
davidwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #88
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
i agree with you.
+2
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #89
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
i'm not going to lie and say that i don't like it, or that its a girl's car, or that its ugly or something. it wouldn't be my first choice if i was going to buy a new bmw, but the fact of the matter is that ones don't look bad, they are stuffing great power plants into them, and i would drive the piss out of it if i had one.
small car + bmw engineering + great power = win. i bet it would be a blast to drive.

professional grade '02 nissan frontier rock crawler, and a 325 with a few add-ons.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #90
blindsidee46e30

My Ride: 89 325i 02 325i
phrozen nice car in your sig.

2002 BMW 325i Steel blue
1989 BMW 325i Cirrusblau
Texas Tech Red Raider
blindsidee46e30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #91
rares

My Ride: 02 S54
Send a message via AIM to rares Send a message via Yahoo to rares Send a message via Skype™ to rares
i understand the hype and i like the car, don't get me wrong, but i will NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR give up my baby for it
Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #92
kz330xi

My Ride: 04 330xi...
looks good i like it
Old 01-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #93
SKIPPY PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Its not about the looks of the car man what are you talking about? And as far as looks are concerned no one minds alittle change and no one minds alot of change. As long as its done right! Unless your just trying to be cool and trying to always be different no matter the cost. Do you guys really like the new kidney grills on the new 7 series. I dont care what car you put them on I think that change was a bad one. And as far as these new cars are concerned this is not a timeless design.

How is this car bringin BMW back too its roots? It is a step in the right direction I do agree to that, but its not "right" yet. If they marked it at 30K trust me I would have ordered mine yesterday. The roots of the M3 were light, not alot of horsepower, incredible handling, etc. And most importantly it was marked at 30K to be a drivers car. Now we have I-drive and active steering bullshit, if both of those options are not available anywhere within a 10 foot radius of one of these cars mark me down ill get one in 2 years when most of the bugs are worked out.

What is impressive about 350 hp? Out of a turbo charged car thats over 2.5 liters. Your not even getting alot of horse power your just getting a turbo and not even a good one. One that breaks and is a ***** and a half to wrench on. These new e90+ cars will break at 4 years and 1 day mark my words. BMW does not care about the drivers they care about money. Plan and simple
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #94
CoEEzi

My Ride: 02 CB m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
So it is!

I thought its this one. Looks like a production model to me... the M1 is suppose to be a super car. Not just a beefed up version of the 1 series.
CoEEzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #95
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoEEzi View Post

I thought its this one. Looks like a production model to me... the M1 is suppose to be a super car. Not just a beefed up version of the 1 series.
No, that one IS a rendering (not real)... that I know for a fact. And the 1-series M is not a replacement for the original M1.

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #96
SKIPPY PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoEEzi View Post

Yeah I heard the M1 isn't going to be the name as not to thrash the BMW motorsport racing heritage. However they haven't failed at screwing everything else up so far.

That pictures is a P shop though of a M3. To bad because I would take that P shopped car over a veyron.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #97
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPY PB View Post
How is this car bringin BMW back too its roots?

What is impressive about 350 hp? Out of a turbo charged car thats over 2.5 liters. Your not even getting alot of horse power your just getting a turbo and not even a good one. One that breaks and is a ***** and a half to wrench on. These new e90+ cars will break at 4 years and 1 day mark my words. BMW does not care about the drivers they care about money. Plan and simple
Lets see, light, powerful, small and nimble... I'd say thats a good step back to its roots...
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola"

"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the Prom Queen."-John Mason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #98
///MACHINE

My Ride: is an immigrant
m1 = supercar

1M = 1 series (super fast)
Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #99
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Its not about the looks of the car man what are you talking about? And as far as looks are concerned no one minds alittle change and no one minds alot of change. As long as its done right! Unless your just trying to be cool and trying to always be different no matter the cost. Do you guys really like the new kidney grills on the new 7 series. I dont care what car you put them on I think that change was a bad one. And as far as these new cars are concerned this is not a timeless design.
Ok, maybe you are not concerned with the design or don't mind a lot of change but keep in mind there are other people on the board besides you. There is without a doubt a ridiculous amount of design bashing with every new model coming from "enthusiasts". My response was to those who constantly whine about design changes. Refer to my previous statement regarding design and BMW owners.

Quote:
How is this car bringin BMW back too its roots? It is a step in the right direction I do agree to that, but its not "right" yet. If they marked it at 30K trust me I would have ordered mine yesterday. The roots of the M3 were light, not alot of horsepower, incredible handling, etc. And most importantly it was marked at 30K to be a drivers car. Now we have I-drive and active steering bullshit, if both of those options are not available anywhere within a 10 foot radius of one of these cars mark me down ill get one in 2 years when most of the bugs are worked out.
Are you kidding me? First the car does not have to follow the formula of an E30 M3 to the exact specs to return BMW to its roots. This car is light (by modern standards) and Im sure it will handle very well. Is it a negative that it has more horsepower than an original M3? Secondly you must be out of your mind if you are complaining about the car not being in the $30k price range of the E30 M3. The original E30 M3 was introduced over 20 years ago, do you really expect pricing to stay the same over that time period? Things like idrive and active steering are just something you'll have to live with, car companies are bogging down every new car with similar gear. The E46 has more electronic junk than the E36 and the E36 has more electronic junk than the E30, get used to it.

Quote:
Whats impressive? The ability to easily and cheaply extract more power from the engine. I don't remember the last time a car company built a street motor in a production car to its absolute full potential, which may be why we have a thriving aftermarket parts industry.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #100
xtacy12

My Ride: its stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
pretty soon the M division will have SUV's out...... o wait.
and they might handle better than any e46 including the M3... o wait they do. faster and out handle the e46 m3 on the ring. nothing wrong with an M model for each line. Merc does it. gotta keep sales up in order to keep operations open.
CSL 1-Piece Lip | Blackout Kit | Apex EC-7 | 75mm Studs | Moteki SR48 Gold Lugs | Yellow Stoptech ST40 | KW V2 | Vorshlag Camber Plates and RSM | UUC Adjustable Rear Control Arms | RRT Reinforced Rear Subframe | AFE Super Stock Intake | JVT Headers | SGT X-Pipe | 6.5lb Titanium Muffler | FS Tune by Frank Smith
xtacy12 is offline   Reply With Quote