E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #41
XIinSC

My Ride: 2004 M3 98 M3
My first post here...
I found this site and this thread by Google searching for halogen angel eyes.
I've had a few ebay sets of led AEs before and was never satisfied with the fit/quality. After reading this thread I sent an e-mail to Mike at F1 AutohaŘs and he replied quickly, answered all my questions and even checked back to make sure I'd received them. I've bought alot of things from alot of online vendors and never received such service.
I had a few questions during install and such but after a few e-mails, my AEs are on and look great.
Thanks alot Mike and I look forward to purchasing from you again.

P.S. Squash air freshener FTW
XIinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #42
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIinSC View Post
My first post here...
I found this site and this thread by Google searching for halogen angel eyes.
I've had a few ebay sets of led AEs before and was never satisfied with the fit/quality. After reading this thread I sent an e-mail to Mike at F1 AutohaŘs and he replied quickly, answered all my questions and even checked back to make sure I'd received them. I've bought alot of things from alot of online vendors and never received such service.
I had a few questions during install and such but after a few e-mails, my AEs are on and look great.
Thanks alot Mike and I look forward to purchasing from you again.

P.S. Squash air freshener FTW
Awesome man!! Glad my search for a proper fitting AE has helped others that feel the same as I do about it. Throw some pics up when you get a chance we would love to see em.
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #43
DSpencer18

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330ci (ZHP)
Send a message via AIM to DSpencer18 Send a message via Skype™ to DSpencer18
Would these fit my 2005 330ci zhp? Thanks. Drew!

2005 BMW 330ci (ZHP)

• Has: - BSW d210 Subs/Amp - iSimple Ipod Integration - Smoked Side Markers - Smoked Reflectors - LED White Interior Lights - Hoen Xenonmatch Fogs - Hardwired Valentine V1 Radar Detector - AVT Ram Air Scoop - BMW Performance Intake - BMW Performance Short Shifter Kit -
    - Lambda Chi Alpha Zeta Phi 1067 and E46Fanatics.com stickers. -
  • DSpencer18 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #44
    EJL486

My Ride: E46, E34
    this kit is for Halogen headlights. your ZHP, in all likelihood has Xenon or HID headlights. that said, looking at your wish list, I'd stay away from the orion V2's. PM me and I can tell you why (to avoid a sponsor war). you should check out what F1 Autohaus, EAS, and Jlevi have to offer. customer service goes hand in hand with quality, and from experience, Mike at F1Autohaus was excellent to do business with, and I'm very satisfied with the product.

2003 325i 5MT Pics of Car
    1995 530i 5MT
    1986 535i 5MT sold
    http://www.bmwusfactory.com
    http://www.thebmwpartstore.com
    PSN: EJL486 - Actively Playing: GT5, Battlefield 3, Madden '12
    EJL486 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #45
    GCoop

6 Week Update

Just checking back in to give an update and:
    So far so good!! In the ~6 weeks or so since I first installed these I am able to report that I have had no issues with the F1Autohaus kit at all.

We have had a lot of cold and snow here and the LEDs have handled it well every step of the way. No flickering, discoloration, or anything.

If you have halogen headlights definately check these out before making a purchase.
    Old 04-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #46
    mujjuman

My Ride: not an E46
    sweettt

2003 325xi 5MT
    Jet Black, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, OEM Xenon ^^RIP
    sig by Solidjake
    mujjuman is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #47
    golf_234

My Ride: E90
    very cool
    golf_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #48
    alpine325i

My Ride: Alpine 2001 325i
    Until I read this thread, I assumed they were all the same size... This helps make the decision very much easier! Thanks for the write-up! Halogen FTW!?!
    alpine325i is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #49
    GCoop

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alpine325i View Post
    Until I read this thread, I assumed they were all the same size... This helps make the decision very much easier! Thanks for the write-up! Halogen FTW!?!
    I thought the same thing at first until i saw the difference with a ccfl set sized appropriately for halogens. Night and day difference in my opinion. When the LEDs in those sizes started to be manufatured I knew I had to get my hands on a set. Big thanks to Mike@F1AutohaŘs for making that happen when no one else seemed to care. Seems now, all the major AE players offer a halogen sized kit.... But only after seeing that there was indeed demand after all.

Anyways, glad my experience has helped you.

Last edited by GCoop; 05-26-2010 at 09:31 AM.
    Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #50
    alpine325i

Just got my set today! Pics to come!!
    alpine325i is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #51
    GCoop

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jonas Gotesson View Post
    Perfect

Have you heard something about more yellow color.This rings in more yellow have been asome OEM look to halogen non-Projector headlamps.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    Great write up and pics, will help other members greatly.

Any talk of some oem yellow coloured ones?

Want some for my brother's coupe that has halogens.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt330coupe View Post
    Can't decide whether to wait for a more OEM color or spring on these. Either way, thanks for the great write-up
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coby1 View Post
    Looks great //now if only 4300k was an option.....Please.

UPDATE

Khoalty now has an option on the halogen kit he is selling for OEM "Amber" color. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=770049 So it looks like the manufacturer has indeed started to offer the kits in this color. This might be just what we have been waiting for.

Still waiting to hear back from Khoalty on the specifics and some photos.
    Ill post the specifics and any photos once I hear back.

Stay tuned.

Just for clarification--The kit Khoalty sells is the exact same kit from the exact same manufacturer that came from Mike@F1AutohaŘs which was reviewed here.

Last edited by GCoop; 06-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Old 06-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
    allthem

My Ride: 2001 325xi
    Awesome! Im now subscribed to that tread as well.
    Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #53
    ///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GCoop View Post
    UPDATE

Khoalty now has an option on the halogen kit he is selling for OEM "Amber" color. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=770049 So it looks like the manufacturer has indeed started to offer the kits in this color. This might be just what we have been waiting for.

Still waiting to hear back from Khoalty on the specifics and some photos.
    Ill post the specifics and any photos once I hear back.

Stay tuned.

Just for clarification--The kit Khoalty sells is the exact same kit from the exact same manufacturer that came from Mike@F1AutohaŘs which was reviewed here.
    the kit that khoalty sells is 50 dollars and the one that mike@autohaus sells is $99 right?

BTW whats the difference between these CCFL, and Weissleicht angel eyes?
    ///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #54
    XIinSC

Quote:
    the kit that khoalty sells is 50 dollars and the one that mike@autohaus sells is $99 right?
    $50.00 is for no warranty on the kit. To get it with the same warranty as F1 AutohaŘs you need to add $40.00 to the price.
    Still no problems with my kit 6 months later btw.
    Old 08-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #55
    ///Mostarac

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XIinSC View Post
    $50.00 is for no warranty on the kit. To get it with the same warranty as F1 AutohaŘs you need to add $40.00 to the price.
    Still no problems with my kit 6 months later btw.
    did you order from khoalty or from mike@autohaus?
    Old 08-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #56
    XIinSC

Mine are from Mike. At the time he was the only one that offered the kit I wanted.
    Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #57
    GCoop

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post

BTW whats the difference between these CCFL, and Weissleicht angel eyes?

That is correct. I am not sure that Mike is selling these anymore. For a while he was the only one that would source these but after everyone hopped on the train I think he is letting them fight it out. Go with Khoalty, you will recieve the exact same product as you have seen in this review as well as the same product you would recieve from the other vendors. Khoalty even offers a warranty for an extra fee if thats important to you.

LIke I said above the Kholaty Kit is the same kit from the same manufacturer as what Mike had. The Weissleicht kit is the same kit from the same manufacturer with the only difference being that it is branded with the W* name. The Umnitza Orion Lite is the same kit from the same manufacturer as well.

CCFL is a cold cathode flourescent lamp. It has some limitations like cold weather issues, and more parts to fail (ballasts) but does provide a more even light distribution across the ring (No pearl neckalce effects). LED technology eliminates all of the CCFL drawbacks but sacrifices a little in the visual dept.

Last edited by GCoop; 08-16-2010 at 09:40 AM.
    Old 08-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #58
    ///Mostarac

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GCoop View Post
    That is correct. I am not sure that Mike is selling these anymore. For a while he was the only one that would source these but after everyone hopped on the train I think he is letting them fight it out. Go with Khoalty, you will recieve the exact same product as you have seen in this review as well as the same product you would recieve from the other vendors. Khoalty even offers a warranty for an extra fee if thats important to you.

LIke I said above the Kholaty Kit is the same kit from the same manufacturer as what Mike had. The Weissleicht kit is the same kit from the same manufacturer with the only difference being that it is branded with the W* name. The Umnitza Orion Lite is the same kit from the same manufacturer as well.

CCFL is a cold cathode flourescent lamp. It has some limitations like cold weather issues, and more parts to fail (ballasts) but does provide a more even light distribution across the ring (No pearl neckalce effects). LED technology eliminates all of the CCFL drawbacks but sacrifices a little in the visual dept.
    Please tell me that the ones from khoalty dont have the pearl necklace effect!
    Old 08-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #59
    alpine325i

Get the Warranty!!!!!!! I love my Khoalty LED AE's... but due to rough handling by the shipping company, I am on my third set! Khoa sent me a new set both times without hesitation and i didnt have to return the old ones. No Pearl Necklace Effect (would post a pic but am unable)
    Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #60
    GCoop

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
    Please tell me that the ones from khoalty dont have the pearl necklace effect!
    Like I said..... The ones from Khoalty are EXACTLY the same as the ones reviewed in this thread. Exactly the same Kit. Exactly the same manufacturer. So the pictures contained within this thread will show you exactly what you will get with the Khoalty kit. With that said ALL LED AEs will have a "pearl neclace" effect to some extent. IMO with this kit the effect is not very apparent at all. Anything over 4-5 feet away is TOTALLY unnoticeable. Inside that 4-5 foot range you can make out the individual LEDs but it really doesnt look bad IMO.