E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Weisslicht LED Halos for E46

Latest Weisslicht release - E46 LED Halo Rings.

Introductory Special - $139 for the kit.

The differences between the WeissLicht and the popular MyCarr LED kits are as follows:

Ring Size: The WeissLicht LED kit is the first kit on the market for E46 using any technology to utilize two different sized rings. A standard-sized ring is used on the halogen light, while a larger-sized ring is used on the Xenon light. This provides a much nicer - more integrated - look when off. The MyCarr kit uses the same (smaller) sized ring for all four lights. For cars with all-Halogen headlights, we have a kit that features the standard sized ring for all four lights. Choose that at the time of ordering to get the best look for your halogen headlight!

LED Size/Quantity: The WeissLicht kit has 66 (small ring) or 74 (large ring) High power LEDs whereas the MyCarr kit has 81 LEDs. The LED size, however, of the WeissLicht rings are larger filling up the ring in a similar way.

Installation: WeissLicht LED comes with full plug and play connectors. No cutting of wires is required. MyCarr LED requires splicing of wires for installation.

Color: WeissLicht LED is a 7000k slightly blueish xenon color whereas the MyCarr LED is whiter 6000k color.

Cost: The WeissLicht LED kit is considerably cheaper, offering a much better value.

E46 - http://www.bimmian.com/46/PHO

These halo rings are designed to create vibrant, bright white rings in your headlights that are sure to be noticed. Get the style of the newest BMWs but with much brighter and whiter rings!

Last edited by bimmian; 01-23-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: More info
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
snowcatxx87

My Ride: 04 330CI
Weisslicht in german is simply "white light". Is that a brand or?
snowcatxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
dryan81

My Ride: .
led count?
dryan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryan81 View Post
led count?

Thanks for your inquiry.

These have either 74 or 66 LEDs depending on which ring you are talking about. The weisslicht kit is the only kit to have 2 different sized rings for the xenon projector and the halogen DRL. Also each LED is BIGGER than those found on other brands that have more LEDs, so the look is still very seamless (although of course you can still see breaks up close).

Last edited by bimmian; 01-24-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcatxx87 View Post
Weisslicht in german is simply "white light". Is that a brand or?

Yes, weisslicht is a brand name. Weisslicht specializes in products featureing White-LEDs, ie. License Plate illumination (http://www.bimmian.com/LPL) halo rings (http://www.bimmian.com/PHO) and for vehicles with OEM halos, LED Upgrades (http://www.bimmian.com/LHU)

Thanks for your inquiry
Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Is this $139CAD or $139USD?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Is this $139CAD or $139USD?
Thanks for your inquiry, this is $139 USD.

Unless specifically stated on the site all our prices are in USD.

Just noticed, you are in the bay area. We have a warehouse there, so we can ship to you from our warehouse there, and you can get the product most likely (although not guaranteed) the next business day if you order ground service, and no sales tax since our business office is not located there
Old 01-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmian View Post
Thanks for your inquiry, this is $139 USD.

Unless specifically stated on the site all our prices are in USD.

Just noticed, you are in the bay area. We have a warehouse there, so we can ship to you from our warehouse there, and you can get the product most likely (although not guaranteed) the next business day if you order ground service, and no sales tax since our business office is not located there
Awesome for the clarification. Your website states $149, so I thought it was $139CAD.

Since you have a warehouse located in the Bay Area, can we just come by to pick it up and save the $13 shipping fee?
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Awesome for the clarification. Your website states $149, so I thought it was $139CAD.

Since you have a warehouse located in the Bay Area, can we just come by to pick it up and save the $13 shipping fee?
Not sure how much of a drive is worth $13 in shipping fees Our warehouse is out near google headquarters. PM me if you want to and we can arrange it, sure.
Ian
Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Why does it say $171 on your site? Regular non-intro price I presume?
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Why does it say $171 on your site? Regular non-intro price I presume?

Hi there, the price for these is $149 USD, when shipped from our USA warehouse.

Since you are in Ottawa, Canada we will ship to you from our Canadian warehouse. The price is CA$ 171, not US$171. Right now $1US=$1.07CA.
The remainder of this covers the duty that we had to pay to get the goods into Canada.

So when you check out on our site there is no other fees you have to pay when the product gets delivered. If you order from a US company you will pay $149 US = $160 but then have to pay duty, and of course the shipping is more expensive from the USA.

Please consider these things when looking at our Canadian pricing

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #12
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Cool, so the price WILL do up on these things then? How long is this intro thing going on?

Funny I just notice today that my MyCarr 60LEDs are failing. I've lost half of one ring, the other rings don't even match each other, etc. What a junk product those things are! Maybe this intro special is fate.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 AM   #13
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

We dont know anything about the pricing right now. I do know that we only have 2 sets in stock in Canada right now, minus whatever sold overnight. The next shipment won't be until the end of Feb.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #14
J P LeCoure

My Ride: '01 325i sedan
So JSLevi is saying that the MyCarr ones have a more purple tint to them and the Weisslicht ones are more white, while you state the have a blueish to them. Just wonderin which gives the more white of the two?
Just saw the xenon white thing. Nice...

Last edited by J P LeCoure; 01-29-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Re read the OP. will look into the purchase
J P LeCoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
Any one with xenon headlights get these from Bimmian yet? They sent me one kit that all the same size rings (66 LED), so I sent it back. The guy I just talked to insisted that the xenon kit has all the same size rings and the halogen kit is the one with the different size rings (the complete opposite of what the description says). I asked him to make sure I got the kit with the diff size rings for my xenons.

So, who's/what's right?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
Any one with xenon headlights get these from Bimmian yet? They sent me one kit that all the same size rings (66 LED), so I sent it back. The guy I just talked to insisted that the xenon kit has all the same size rings and the halogen kit is the one with the different size rings (the complete opposite of what the description says). I asked him to make sure I got the kit with the diff size rings for my xenons.

So, who's/what's right?
I cant speak with certianty to the sizes for the projectors. From my experiences into the land of AEs I would assume (and we all know where that gets us) that projectors would get rings of all the same sizes. But that again is an assumption

HOWEVER

I do know for a fact that the Halogen (Non-Projectors) take the different sized rings in order for the rings to properly fit the bowls. Anyone stating otherwise doesnt have a firm grasp of what product is used for what application.
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #17
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoop View Post
I cant speak with certianty to the sizes for the projectors. From my experiences into the land of AEs I would assume (and we all know where that gets us) that projectors would get rings of all the same sizes. But that again is an assumption

HOWEVER

I do know for a fact that the Halogen (Non-Projectors) take the different sized rings in order for the rings to properly fit the bowls. Anyone stating otherwise doesnt have a firm grasp of what product is used for what application.
This is correct, originally we misunderstood this, and posted incorrectly. For the xenon application, all 4 rings should be the same size, and the halogen application, they should be different sizes.

Thanks for posting
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #18
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post

So, who's/what's right?

Hi there, in your case, i notice that your car is a facelifted sedan per the pic in your sig, unfortunately, WeissLicht does not have an LED solution for your vehicle. Were the ones you ordered for this vehicle?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #19
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
Car in my sig is the last car. The new angel eyes are for my 05 M3. I'm now thoroughly confused on which kit I should be getting. The ring on the xenon light certainly looks like it's much larger than the inner halogen light. Should I not have insisted they send me the kit with the different size rings? Maybe I should just cancel the order. AHH!!

Anyone out there with an M3 with xenons that have ordered this that can chime in?

I guess I'll call in the morning and have them hold the shipment of the replacements until I'm sure which I should be getting. I just know the original set I received said 66LED and the description says the xenon should have the 74LED.

Last edited by MightyY; 03-08-2010 at 05:29 PM.
MightyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #20
tprgreen

My Ride: E46
kit does not come with installation instructions

Mine didnt come with instructions. The instructions on Bimmian.com are not for halogen headlamps. I need to know where to connect the wire for 2000 323i with halogen headlamps.
tprgreen is offline   Reply With Quote