E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #121
gogomccord

My Ride: 330ci and 530i
Don Who would you recommend in Atlanta Georgia to wrap car?

Hi Don,

Love your work. Unfortunately I'm in Atlanta Ga. Any recommendations as to where we could get similar wraps done in Atlanta?

Would love to get my exterior chrome trim wrapped in black vinyl and carbon fibre trim.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #122
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Sorry, but I do not know of any installers in your area.
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #123
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
How about the Southeast in general?

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #124
colecoop56

My Ride: 02 325ci w/ m3 6spd
I agree we need to find some one in the Atlanta Area who does clean installs. I will buy the vinyl from Don but I would want it professionally installed.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #125
gogomccord

Perhaps this represents a East Coast opportunity for you Don.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #126
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

It's always a consideration, and I do not mind making travels to other places to do installs (I am actually current in norcal doing installs this week), as long as there is enough people interested that would be able to meet at a specific location. As you can imagine, traveling around to only do one car a day would not be practical for me.

-Don
Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #127
Efekkt

My Ride: 02 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacauce View Post
Do you remove the trim or no when you do this? Would be really interested if removing the trim isn't a requirement
I did this to my car myself. Used gloss black, looks similar to the gloss he showed. Also didn't remove the trim.

Don is a god at installation though, so clean. I would gladly pay him to redo mine if I lived near him because it will have to be redone eventually since I let it overlap on my gasket in a few places which needs to be replaced.

Mine is no where near that clean and it was still a very tedious job though mine still looks pretty good imo.

Efekkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #128
colecoop56

My Ride: 02 325ci w/ m3 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
It's always a consideration, and I do not mind making travels to other places to do installs (I am actually current in norcal doing installs this week), as long as there is enough people interested that would be able to meet at a specific location. As you can imagine, traveling around to only do one car a day would not be practical for me.

-Don
Don I would love to get your vinyl on my car and rather you do the install for me. The previous owner put a cf vinyl wrap on the roof of my car and it does not look great in some areas. I would much rather have you put a gloss black wrap on my roof. If we could set something up in the atlanta area for all the people that wanted it I bet it would be worth your while.

Last edited by colecoop56; 12-19-2013 at 08:51 PM.
colecoop56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #129
gogomccord

Cool I'm in Atl also. PM. Me.

That makes 2 of us and counting. pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colecoop56 View Post
Don I would love to get your vinyl on my car and rather you do the install for me. The previous owner put a cf vinyl wrap on the roof of my car and it does not look great in some areas. I would much rather have you put a gloss black wrap on my roof. If we could set something up in the atlanta area for all the people that wanted it I bet it would be worth your while.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #130
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
I have friends in ATL, so I'd make the trip if we did this.

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #131
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Had a request to post some pictures of a white car with gloss black vinyl applied on the trim. The owner of this white Mercedes Benz C63 coupe had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Irvine and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. The black trim definitely gave the coupe a much sportier look and complemented the rest of the car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #132
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This specific car is not the typical case of a car coming in with chrome/brushed aluminum trim and wanting me to black out their trim with my vinyl materials. The owner of this BMW E30 M3 brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the previously painted gloss black trim with my matte black vinyl. I know it may be a bit hard to tell, but if you look at the pictures side by side or back to back it may be easier to notice the differences between how matte black trim vs gloss black trim looks like on a car.

This is also good for those who have asked me in the past how well vinyl will cover up bumps/dents/etc. As you may see in some of the pictures, whoever did the paint job on the trim did not do that good of a job, which left the trim a bit lumpy/uneven. If you can't see or make it out in the pictures, any imperfections that are underneath the vinyl will show through, as the material is fairly thin and basically takes on the shape of the surface/pieces that they are being applied on over.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #133
XPGLD

My Ride: 2000 328i, 78' Chevy
Damn if my e46 is ever down in Cali i'll gladly pay you to do that, but until then know anywhere up in Washington that would do this? Definitely need it now that my windows are tinted.
XPGLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #134
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I also sell DIY materials for those who are not local and want to try and do it themselves. I've done this for hundreds of members on the forums in the past.

Let me know if you'd be interested or if you had any other questions.

-Don
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #135
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I always take requests, if anyone is trying to look for a specific example of my vinyl work on a certain type of color or car. In this case, I had someone ask me if I could post pictures of blacked out window trim on a red colored car. The owner of this red Audi S5 had me black out his chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my matte black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car was from Los Angeles and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. I think the matte black provides a nice contrast with the bright color of the car, but I think gloss black would have looked just equally as good in this case.

Before:

After:

Note: The bump that can be seen on the top rear quarter window trim piece is a factory bump/seam and not due to any installation reasons/issues.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #136
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

The owner of this new jet black Lexus IS250 sedan had me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim. The blacked out trim makes a huge difference on dark colored cars, as you can see in the pictures below. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for the material, to have the window trim of the car blend in with the black paint on the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #137
Solomon Grundy

My Ride: 2002 bmw e46 325i
Wrong forum

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Solomon Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #138
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Just to clarify for those who are interested, the tail light tinting group buy is going to only be available for locals. If you're interested in this, the group buy list is still active, e-mail me directly at donathon@gmail.com to be added.

The owner of this white Porsche Cayenne S SUV came by to have me black out his brushed aluminum window trim, vertical side pillars, lower door inserts, and rear bumper bar all in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black for this car to have it match the darker window tint on the car. I believe the owner of this car was from Los Angeles county and came out to me in Orange county to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #139
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Just to clarify for those who are interested, the tail light tinting group buy is going to only be available for locals. If you’re interested in this, the group buy list is still active, e-mail me directly at donathon@gmail.com to be added.

The owner of this white Porsche Cayenne S SUV came by to have me black out his brushed aluminum window trim, vertical side pillars, lower door inserts, and rear bumper bar all in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black for this car to have it match the darker window tint on the car. I believe the owner of this car was from Los Angeles county and came out to me in Orange county to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 04-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #140
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on this black Lexus IS sedan. This car had window visors installed on the windows, but I was able to work around them without any issues. The owner of this car had me go with gloss black for the chrome window trim, so that it'd blend in with the car more. They drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. There wasn't much chrome on the car to begin with, so blacking out the chrome window trim changed the look of the car quite a bit.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com