E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
I never really liked wide body kits. Just my opinion, not saying they look bad...just a bit too much. But than again, I have an exposed CF GTR vented hood and CSL trunk...so who am I to talk.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #22
M3revspeed

My Ride: DINAN-S M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefirefire90 View Post
agreed. I like the subtle/aggressive look. This reminds me a lot of the E30M3 as well which everyone adores, myself included. I will be honest and say I do not really like the sideskirts/rear bumper/wing on the silver widebody. I would opt for the LTW wing, stock rear bumper, and I am not too sure where I would stand on sideskirts. What colour M3 are you looking at making this car?
Yeah, I was thinking the same....you can purchase the kit in pieces so I'm mostly going for the rear quarter panels and fenders. I'm not sure on what color I'd go for yet. Any ideas?
M3revspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #23
k41

My Ride: 04 330CI TiAG
i like it
Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
wat3rbug

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325 xi
It definitely improves the look of the car, although the lip seems to extend out just a tad too much. Then again, I never did get the whole lip idea.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #25
nightdagger

My Ride: 2004 TiAg 325Ci 5MT
I personally think it looks amazing. I'm not big on the E36 body style but this makes it look a lot better.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
M3revspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdagger View Post
I personally think it looks amazing. I'm not big on the E36 body style but this makes it look a lot better.
I definitely agree it makes the car look amazing. Anymore opinions? Bump
Old 01-26-2010, 07:56 AM   #27
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Show up at the track with that on your car and give us all a good laugh.

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
M3revspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdfl View Post
Show up with what on my car? The widebody kit?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #29
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoctor View Post
Show up with what on my car? The widebody kit?
The taped on plastic widebody crap will make us all laugh until we lose 30 minutes of track time while the corner workes pick up the pieces that fall off.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #30
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoctor View Post
Just wanted to get some opinions on what other members think of the E36 Esquiss widebody kit? For those of you who aren't familiar with the kit pics of Jon's 325is. Looking at starting another project and love this kit. Let me know what you guys think....

Attachment 345870

Attachment 345871
Not a fan of widebody kits but i like it.

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
SKIPPY PB

My Ride: YZ125
I dont like it at all. Looks alright but there trying to reincarnate the e30 M3 and thats not going to happen. It doesn't fit with the body lines of the car probably why BMW didn't go widebody on the e36 M. Its just trying to be something its not and theres a reason it didn't start out like that in the first place. As for the performance aspect it looks like they went half assed and watned to keep it suttle. Anyone know how much more stance you getting with this kit. I find it hard to thing you could fit 11-13" tires under there like some kits

As for a personal opinion the stickers are tacky even though they say BBS and yokohoma there still stickers and so look good to me.
SKIPPY PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #32
SKIPPY PB

My Ride: YZ125
Quote:
what track are you at most of the time? Im trying to get on the track soon enough. Im either going to build my daily into a spec e36 race car or cop an e30 and do it first. Still dont know its so hard to choose.
SKIPPY PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #33
QuoteWarz Insurance
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: M3
I am a huge fan of this kit. I think it looks really aggressive and definitely gives the E36 a much needed updated look to it. I would be a little scared to drive this car on the street personally. There is a lot of money that goes into building one of these machines and if someone where to hit me it would be horrible.
QuoteWarz Insurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #34
M3revspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoteWarz Insurance View Post
I am a huge fan of this kit. I think it looks really aggressive and definitely gives the E36 a much needed updated look to it. I would be a little scared to drive this car on the street personally. There is a lot of money that goes into building one of these machines and if someone where to hit me it would be horrible.
Yeah, Ryan told me the same....if I did it it would definitely be a weekend car. I think the kit goes with the lines of the car personally.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #35
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIPPY PB View Post
what track are you at most of the time? Im trying to get on the track soon enough. Im either going to build my daily into a spec e36 race car or cop an e30 and do it first. Still dont know its so hard to choose.
The tracks I visit most these days are NJMP, Lime Rock Park, Summit Point, and Roebling Road.

http://njbmwcca.org/services/schedule/schedule.php

Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #36
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
Quote:
The taped on plastic widebody crap will make us all laugh until we lose 30 minutes of track time while the corner workes pick up the pieces that fall off.
yes... you will be laughing at a widebody e36...

seen your sig lately? whats that on the hood?

OP, do it, just dont go over the top and do it nicely to a nice coloured one and find some unlame wheels to put on it!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #37
M3revspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
yes... you will be laughing at a widebody e36...

seen your sig lately? whats that on the hood?

OP, do it, just dont go over the top and do it nicely to a nice coloured one and find some unlame wheels to put on it!
Thanks man....yeah I think I'm going to do it. I don't know what that other guy was talking about as far as laughing it up
Old 02-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #38
BMW-UDM

My Ride: Piggy bank
I say do it OP! I love Ryan's car! does anybody know if he sold it already? i remember speaking to him abt it when it was for sale.
BMW-UDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #39
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
It's the only WB kit I like on the E36. I always wanted one on my E36... never had the finances to pull it off though lol.

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #40
M3revspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
It's the only WB kit I like on the E36. I always wanted one on my E36... never had the finances to pull it off though lol.
Yeah, entire project runs about $6-8k without including the costs of wider tires/rims.