E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
NWFLBimmer

My Ride: 01 330i / 07 M Coupe
New to the E46 M3

Well I bought my 04 M3 a few weeks ago. There are a few things I am not happy about and I am trying to fix. First one is the interior trim. One of the previous owners replace it with carbon fiber. The piece that extends in front of the passenger is damaged, one of the screw in pins is broken ( the piece the pin screws into is busted. I can't figure out where to get a replacement piece at. Second is the stereo, the oem navigation head unit was replaced with a Pioneer AVIC-110BT. It doesn't work well for me, so I want to go back to the oem head unit. A friend gave me the head unit from his M3. The problem is, his unit has two small plugs on the side. I figure one is for the steering wheel controls. And the other one ties to the speakers, amplifier and subwoofer. When I pull my existing head unit out, all it has is the big slide on connector that BMW has been using for years. Is there anywhere I can purchase an adapter that goes from the big connector to the small plug on the side of the oem nav unit?
NWFLBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
03BIMMERM3

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Your best bet for new trim pieces is through this forum..the oem nav unit blows, I'd get another aftermarket one. I have an Eonon unit, good value and great functionality

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by 03BIMMERM3; 10-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.
03BIMMERM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
JRey

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
I use a Dynavin, and it's freaking garbage... 1200 dollar POS... I'm actually going to check the Eonon one out, when I searched everyone praised dynavin... My unit always freezes when I hook my Iphone up to it, and the blutooth audio for music stopped working also.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRey View Post
I use a Dynavin, and it's freaking garbage... 1200 dollar POS... I'm actually going to check the Eonon one out, when I searched everyone praised dynavin... My unit always freezes when I hook my Iphone up to it, and the blutooth audio for music stopped working also.
you paid $1,200 for a Dynavin?!

and it's not working correctly and you haven't sent it back in??
Old 10-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Thekingarthur

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG Vert
I've got an Eonon D5150 and I wouldn't recommend them, especially if you are dissatisfied with a Dynavin. There are newer Eonon units out than the one I have which may be slightly better, but still not likely very good. After researching all the various Dynavin/clone head units I've decided to just ditch the idea and go back to an ugly Alpine 1/2 din and use my iPhone for audio source/navigation. I'll be ditching my Eonon in a week or so when my Alpine arrives.

Hopefully someone will develop a fantastic product in a few years for E46. All I see now is a bunch of half baked mediocre crap. It shouldn't be that hard to get good audio and a nice display in the ass end of 2014; you can buy 4 Android tablets with significantly better specs and functionality for the price of one Dynavin.
Thekingarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
S54_LSB

My Ride: 2003 LSB M3 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
I've got an Eonon D5150 and I wouldn't recommend them.....
what didn't you like about it, just out of curiosity?

Instagram: @ramy_tsunami
S54_LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #7
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
I've got the AVIN unit. There are a couple of minor issues (ipod indexing and the S/N ratio) but otherwise its a massive improvement over OEM. The track based apps linked to the OBD11 reader make it worthwhile alone imho.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
Thekingarthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S54_LSB View Post
what didn't you like about it, just out of curiosity?
Everything unfortunately.

Audio component quality is terrible. Probably better than stock, but I had a JVC aftermarket unit beforehand and this was definitely a downgrade. Radio reception is abysmal at best, even with the powered adapter. For those who think the HK system sounds good, they might consider this an upgrade in audio quality.

The interface is terrible. Nothing is located or functions in a logical manner, and it's very slow and laggy. Songs for USB/SD card are listed by file name, not by ID3 tags; plus they are severely truncated (showing maybe 10-15 characters only), so if your file names aren't organized then you're screwed on finding anything. Folders are listed by creation date, not alphabetically which is very annoying as well. 3/4 of the display during playback is wasted on elapsed song time, instead of the song title itself or any number of more useful bits of info. The UI would look ok if it was 1998, but it's not.

Bluetooth integration is TERRIBLE. The microphone was so bad I installed an external mic, but even that (as much of an improvement as it was) still sounds bad enough that my girlfriend has asked me not to use it anymore. Bluetooth streaming audio was an afterthought and is buried under a menu rather than being upfront as an additional audio source. The unit remembers the selected audio source when you power on/off, unless you were using bluetooth as a source. In that case it reverts to something else when you power up the next time. Additionally there is zero information on the display about the bluetooth streaming audio (track name, artist, etc.), just some bouncing musical notes. Fun. And useless.

I purchased the unit through a group buy here on E46Fanatics, but I opted for the cheaper model without maps. My mistake, as I was able to locate several brands of maps but still haven't been able to get them to work. I admit though, that I haven't put much effort into making it work; after using smartphones and tablets the last few years for navigation, I really have no interest in discovering how bad it is on the Eonon.

The display is disgusting. It's only 800x480, which I knew going in but it's still a con. Worse though is that it is nearly invisible in direct sunlight, which is a deal killer for my convertible in a state with 300 days of sunshine. The display looks terrible in any other lighting condition as well. Bleeding edge light, washed out colors, low contrast, poor viewing angle, etc. I don't think I've seen a cheaper quality display on any device I have ever encountered.

The only thing that I like about this unit is the physical appearance in that it looks almost stock, like it belongs there. Unfortunately it does not belong in my BMW.

2002 M3 Convertible
Old 10-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #9
Teslazerok

My Ride: 2003 M3 6SPD
That was the most CRUSHING review of a product I have ever read.

I would suggest an Avin Avant for the OP.
Teslazerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Hi Thekingarthur, about your bluetooth and GPS issue we can provide you some advice to help you resolve, please kindly PM me your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit. No worry we will try our best to help you. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BIMMERM3 View Post
Your best bet for new trim pieces is through this forum..the oem nav unit blows, I'd get another aftermarket one. I have an Eonon unit, good value and great functionality

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
And Teslazerok, you can see others reviews toward Eonon in many other threads, most of them like Eonon very much like 03BIMMERM3 does!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1021797
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1003890

Hope it helps you know Eonon much better! And a kind reminder that now our 8th group buy is on the go, and only 2 days left!

Welcome to join if you're interested! http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1052249

Welcome to check our GA5150 BMW E46 Android Car DVD with most extendable and flexible features than ever & D5150Z with more beautiful UI!!

10 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #11
Thekingarthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi Thekingarthur, about your bluetooth and GPS issue we can provide you some advice to help you resolve, please kindly PM me your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit. No worry we will try our best to help you. Thanks!
131000042722entg (Placed on 10,09,2013)

2002 M3 Convertible
Old 10-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #12
Thekingarthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslazerok View Post
That was the most CRUSHING review of a product I have ever read.

I would suggest an Avin Avant for the OP.
I really wanted to like the Eonon D5150, but after a year of use I've decided that it's just not for me.

As you can see above as far as the company goes, they are quick to respond to issues and are active in the community forums. They are more likely to incorporate feedback into future products than some companies would, unfortunately that doesn't help any for the product which I already bought.

2002 M3 Convertible
Old 10-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #13
IFX

My Ride: M156
i can't believe people still have the balls to buy this car when it's so old and problematic.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
joannamuckey8817
Banned User

hellohi

hello,
wellcome friends in this site,
i am joannamuckey and i m freshier on this forum.
joannamuckey8817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #15
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
i can't believe people still have the balls to buy this car when it's so old and problematic.
it's soo old
and soo problematic
Old 10-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #16
Thekingarthur

Quote:
It doesn't have any problems that can't be fixed, and since they're all well known most can be prevented for even less money. With a little effort (and a lot less money than a new BMW) an e46 M3 makes for a fantastic car.

2002 M3 Convertible
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #17
Teslazerok

Quote:

And Teslazerok, you can see others reviews toward Eonon in many other threads, most of them like Eonon very much like 03BIMMERM3 does!
To be honest I've never heard of Eonon before (good or bad) and have no interest in getting one (or any other oem style deck). Still, that review by arthur was the probably the most well thought out negative review I have ever seen.

I myself have no opinion either way on your product. I do, however, appreciate a vendor that stands behind their product and is active on enthusiast forums/communities.

Quote:
Really? It's no worse than any other highly tuned sports car. It's far less problematic than people make it out to be on the internet.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #18
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
131000042722entg (Placed on 10,09,2013)
Hi Thekingarthur, I've just sent you an Email with advice, pls kindly check, thanks!

[QUOTE=Teslazerok;16376125]To be honest I've never heard of Eonon before (good or bad) and have no interest in getting one (or any other oem style deck). Still, that review by arthur was the probably the most well thought out negative review I have ever seen.

I myself have no opinion either way on your product. I do, however, appreciate a vendor that stands behind their product and is active on enthusiast forums/communities. /QUOTE]

Hi Teslazerok, it doesn't matter if you buy from us or not. At least now you know Eonon and we can become friends now!

Welcome to check our GA5150 BMW E46 Android Car DVD with most extendable and flexible features than ever & D5150Z with more beautiful UI!!

10 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #19
Teslazerok

Quote:
At least now you know Eonon and we can become friends now!
Haha, sure dude.

Last edited by Teslazerok; 10-22-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:35 AM   #20
iansevilla

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
New to the E46 M3

Anybody here knows how make the navigation on a dynavin android work? Need help!!!! Everything works except for the navi. I coudn't get it to read wifi to get access to the Internet. Can't access Maps. Damn headache. Just got this used unit yesterday. I should have purchased a win ce instead. This crap has no offline maps installed. Can't get it to work using hotspot. It won't read device? I don't know if this unit has a broken navi. Please help me out! Thanks!

Last edited by iansevilla; 11-08-2014 at 03:36 AM.
iansevilla is offline   Reply With Quote