E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
jaffaz32

My Ride: E46 318i
Eonon GM5150 Buy with maps or use other sat nav maps?

I keep hearing people using different maps on their D5150 / GM5150

I am based in the UK, so what ever I choose I need full UK support in terms of maps.

Why do you use different maps to the ones offered by Eonon? Is it because they don't work? not very clear? not regularly updated?

If I decided to order without maps and get my own, how do I go about installing them? Where can I get them from?

And lastly if I do get my own maps, which are the best? well while being reasonably priced.

Thanks...
jaffaz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
brewer90

My Ride: 06 330Ci ZHP
Seems like most people use IGO Primo 2.4 which can you download via torrent. There are UK maps for it.
brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
jaffaz32

My Ride: E46 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
Seems like most people use IGO Primo 2.4 which can you download via torrent. There are UK maps for it.
Thanks,

How does it work? do you just load it on a memory card and plug it in?

I've not used torrents for some time, i don't mind paying for it though.
jaffaz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post

I am based in the UK, so what ever I choose I need full UK support in terms of maps.

Why do you use different maps to the ones offered by Eonon? Is it because they don't work? not very clear? not regularly updated?

If I decided to order without maps and get my own, how do I go about installing them? Where can I get them from?

And lastly if I do get my own maps, which are the best? well while being reasonably priced.

Thanks...
Hi jaffaz32, the map card we have for D5150 and GM5150 are the same Kudos map card, and we have Western Europe map card which can work in your country UK. Meanwhile, D5150/GM5150 also can work with IGO, Sygic and Polnav map card, only they are compatible with Windows CE6.0 operation system, but we still suggest you purchase from us directly, since it is the most compatible one. Thank you .

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
taveet330i

My Ride: Jet Black 2002 330i
A buddy of mine got his d5150 with the maps from eonon and he didn't like them one bit. I remember riding in his car and the maps were horrid. He downloaded iGo 2.4 and loves it way more. I like it too. Much cleaner.

[bimmerapp]

Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #6
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
Can someone publish a DIY or a link for us noobs to the "torrent" sphere, on how to get and use torrent downloads?

I'd like to get ready for iGo Primo 2.4 as well. I'll have a GM5150 as soon as the next Group Buy link is populated with inventory and does not show "Sold Out".

Also, would someone provide this noob with a link to "torrent" DIY so that I can get the iGo Primo 2.4 maps for US.

What are the SD card requirements for this unit? Specific product link would be helpful and how should the card be formatted since it will be going into a windows CE OS. I have a Mac but it will format to most anything needed, just need to know what format to select before placing the iGo map files onto it.

Thanks for putting up with all the noob needs,

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i

Last edited by semcoinc; 02-03-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Signature
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
Can someone publish a DIY or a link for us noobs to the "torrent" sphere, on how to get and use torrent downloads?

I'd like to get ready for iGo Primo 2.4 as well. I'll have a GM5150 as soon as the next Group Buy link is populated with inventory and does not show "Sold Out". Thanks,

Mike
+1 on the igo deal
Old 02-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post

I'd like to get ready for iGo Primo 2.4 as well. I'll have a GM5150 as soon as the next Group Buy link is populated with inventory and does not show "Sold Out".

Also, would someone provide this noob with a link to "torrent" DIY so that I can get the iGo Primo 2.4 maps for US.

What are the SD card requirements for this unit? Specific product link would be helpful and how should the card be formatted since it will be going into a windows CE OS. I have a Mac but it will format to most anything needed, just need to know what format to select before placing the iGo map files onto it.

Thanks for putting up with all the noob needs,

Mike
Not to rain on your parade but you do know what you are asking right?.....you are asking someone to write you a DIY guide and provide you links for "how to steal."

As someone who works in this business, pays A LOT of licensing fees to iGo, and pays to sponsor this forum, I know I don't particularly appreciate people stealing a product that we pay good money for and using this forum to do it....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 02-03-2014 at 12:17 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
semcoinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions View Post
Not to rain on your parade but you do know what you are asking right?.....you are asking someone to write you a DIY guide and provide you links for "how to steal."

As someone who works in this business, pays A LOT of licensing fees to iGo, and pays to sponsor this forum, I know I don't particularly appreciate people stealing a product that we pay good money for and using this forum to do it....
Thanks for the update Jeff. I would be happy to find a BUY IT NOW link somewhere on the web for the iGo Primo 2.4 software so often touted as great for the Eonon hardware.

If this site had such a link I would be happy to buy it

http://www.nng.com/igo-primo

I have not been successful in finding a place even to BUY the product and welcome any and all solutions.

Do you have a link Jeff on where the product could be purchased? That would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW

Last edited by semcoinc; 02-03-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Text
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Unfortunately no, this is part of the reason I think pirating it is so common. The licenses are tied to the individual products they are used on, so we pay iGo so that we can provide igo software for Dynavin units, but the version I have ONLY works with Dynavin units. Eonon would have to get iGo to license the program to them.....not going to happen, well not without the price going way up at least. A major factor with the eonons cheap price (and a source of frustration for legitimate businesses like mine) is the fact that they are not paying $$$ for licensing.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 02-03-2014 at 12:48 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Well that sucks.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
semcoinc

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for shedding some transparency onto this issue with iGo maps and the Eonon offering.

This is much clearer now.

Thanks again.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #13
Rezist09

My Ride: 325i sedan
same boat
Rezist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
semcoinc

There are some torrents out there for iGo Primo but you will have to build the program up into the proper folders and updated maps.

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
Old 04-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #15
semcoinc

I and others have had good success running iGo8 on the GM5150 unit. See my post here

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=389

Others have posted their success as well in that thread.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
Old 04-26-2014, 02:54 AM   #16
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffaz32 View Post

Thanks...
go herehttp://www.austech.info/gps/
all the information about igo and other popular gps programs you will ever need,plus tutorials and help on how to build a custom install
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #17
TheSorcerer

My Ride: BMW E46 320d (2004)
Send a message via Yahoo to TheSorcerer
Can anyone upload the content of the GPS SD card?
I'm interested in navigation software for Eonon D5150 + Europe map.
Can't find any online. All links broken!
Thanks!
TheSorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #18
semcoinc

I found a good torrent for Q2/2014 USA maps for igo8 and I also researched a great sys.txt file for my igo8 that is working very nicely in my GM5150

http://android-zone.ws/topic/17990-i...exico-torrent/

Pm me and I can send you my sys.txt file

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW