E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
hexagone

My Ride: 330aye
FS: 1998 Dakar M3/4/5 - Priced to sell

For sale:

1998 BMW M3 Sedan, 5 speed, 138k miles, dakar 2 yellow, great mechanical condition. I flew out on a whim about 2 weeks ago to pick this one up, hoping that it was a car I'd want to keep. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the quality of the paint (I've painted cars before), so I'd rather spend a bit more on something that hasn't been touched.

I drove the car 450 miles home, with not a single squeak, leak, rattle, check-light or other issue. I checked the oil before leaving and coming home, I could not notice any difference in consumption. I'd trust the car to drive much much further, so I'd be glad to pick you up from the airport and you can drive it back to wherever.

More detailed information below:

General:
  • Dakar 2 Yellow
  • 5 speed
  • Clean title in hand
  • Clean carfax (Posted below)
  • Heated & power front seats
  • AC/dual climate control
  • Power sunroof
  • 6 CD changer in trunk
  • Front & Side Airbags
  • ASC traction control
  • Halo headlights (don't know which brand)
  • Aftermarket tail lights (don't know which brand)

Interior:

Black leather interior with heated power front seats. Very good condition for the miles, no tears, no stains, some creasing in front seats (but no excessive bolster wear). M floor mats, AC schnitzer pedals, and some sort of "M" brushed steel shift knob and E-brake handle. Very clean, not faded, not saggy headliner.

ALL interior electronics work, but the brake check light has come on few times. I looked into it, but even when on, the all tail lights light up just fine (The issue is probably the aftermarket tail lights). The only other issue I can think of is that the bottom driver's seat heating pad doesn't work, back heats just fine- as does the passenger side.

Mechanical:

As mentioned above, I drove the car 450 miles home and another 100 miles the last week without any complaint. It didn't pull in any direction, and there were no funky odors from the engine bay. The car pulls very strong, clutch engages properly- and I can have some local guys vouch for the car. I looked underneath, and it appears to have red RTABs, so one of the POs did that. Car has DSIIs on sumitomo tires- fronts have plenty of tread, but rears are wearing in the centers. There is curbage on 3/4 wheels but a full size DSII spare is in the trunk.

Things that were replaced:

• Brake fluid flush with DOT-4 synthetic
  • Transmission fluid drain & fill with Redline synthetic MTL
  • Differential fluid drain & fill with Redline synthetic 70/90
  • Camshaft position sensor
  • Fog lights (originals cracked)
  • ASC (traction control) throttle body
  • Passenger side e-brake cable
  • Passenger front brake caliper
  • Brake pads all around
  • Front cross drilled rotors
  • Pre-cat oxygen sensor
  • Drivers side mirror motor & glass
  • Drivers side brake duct
  • Passenger front door lock solenoid
  • Passenger rear door window switch and door clips
  • Clips for exterior moldings

Exterior:

This is pretty much the only reason I'm selling the car, as I'm a perfectionist when it comes to bodies (scirocco & PVW jetta). It was resprayed by one of the previous owners in Dakar as well, but it wasn't the most professional job or clearcoated. The best way to describe it- is a satin Dakar yellow on the sides- kinda glossy on hood/roof/trunk. Although the panels are all straight, there just isn't a lot of gloss.

The good thing though, most trim was removed when this was done, so there is not too much overspray. Quite honestly- from 5 feet away it looks pretty solid (see pics). Also, all panel VIN #s match, and I'll will take pictures of each. There is however, some rust. I've noticed bubbling in the RR quarter and in the battery tray area. (pictured)

The body has potential to look rather presentable, but you'd have to wetsand the texture out- and then give it a good buffing. There are two people I figure that will be interested- those not overly critical about exterior appearance (not me), or those that want a track+daily combo.

I have mentioned everything I possibly know about the car to my best ability. I've been a VW guy, so I don't know the ins and outs of these cars as well, but I can assure you the car runs extremely well. I welcome anyone requesting a PPI, or wanting to fly in (I'll gladly pick you up).

The price is $6800 OBO.

Sorry about the snowy pictures. I ran to the car wash... and it started snowing. Then I ran out of quarters in the middle of it, followed by all the crap freezing onto the body. So i probably made it look even worse.... hah. Chicago winters....

Carfax:

http://www.crankshafted.com/upload/f...20Carfax-1.jpg
http://www.crankshafted.com/upload/f...20Carfax-2.jpg
http://www.crankshafted.com/upload/f...20Carfax-3.jpg
http://www.crankshafted.com/upload/f...20Carfax-4.jpg

hexagone is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Puri13

My Ride: '06 Altima SE-R
Nice car and not a bad price at all! GLWS!
Puri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
CCali
Banned

My Ride: bimmmmerrrr
Nice car but just curious ... a vin tells just as much if not more than a license plate so why black out even an ip address tells more
CCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
I don't even bother blacking that stuff out. If someone wants your car bad enough, they're going to get it.