E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
jorg323

My Ride: 1999 323i
Modded 1999 323i Titanium Silver

Hey all,

Time to sell my car, and wanted to see if any Fanatics were interested. Sorry to be one of those guys that just puts up a link to a classified listing elsewhere, but I have a nicely detailed write-up below with some nice pics that I don't want to write all over again :

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...586691378.html

The price is set at $9,500 at the above just to help ward off some of the CL lowballers, but I'd ask for an even $9k [edit: lowered price] OBO as a starting point for any interested members here.

This car has had a lot of love and work put into it. Most of the typical mods done around here (wheels, suspension, lighting, bumper, etc.) have already been done - although a nice exhaust (maybe a TSE3) and a lip spoiler would make the car perfect! Also, the vast majority of necessary maintenance has been done on the car, so you won't have to worry about some of the typical problems seen on these cars (and all over the forums!) like water pump, expansion tank, window regulator, or valve cover gasket issues.

I've had a blast with this car, but it's time to let it go, and I'm looking to find her a nice, new home.

Take a look and let me know what you think. I'd be more than glad to answer any questions or send you some additional pics if you need.

Thanks for looking!

18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille

Last edited by jorg323; 02-04-2010 at 09:58 PM.
jorg323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
seems like a bit of a heady price. good luck, I am going to keep my eye on this sale, to see what mine can go for.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
jorg323

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post
seems like a bit of a heady price. good luck, I am going to keep my eye on this sale, to see what mine can go for.
Thanks. I didn't want to give that impression, but I did want to emphasize the amount of work that has gone into the car. There are some major maintenance items (like the clutch) that have been taken care of, which I feel is a good selling point, not to mention some of the mods. Still, interested to hear any questions or comments.

18" Black ASA AR1 Rims | Yokohama Advan S4 Tires | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Brembo Slotted Rotors | 6000k Xenons | 6000k P. Chrom. Angel Eyes | Eagle Eye LED Tail Lights | K&N FIPK CAI | M-Tech II Front Bumper | 35% Tint | Clear Corners | Matte Black Grille

Last edited by jorg323; 02-01-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
well. i got my 323i for 5.5K with 92K on it, all maintance done at dealer, single owner, clutch replaced at 85K.

i got a steal from a friend. but i would say that my car is worth aobut 6.5K stock, with springs, and shocks + a few appearence mods I would like to get the same 6.5K for it 5Kmiles down the road. I think if you get 8K with wheels, you are gettinga pretty good deal. I mean modded cars are always a money pit. i would say consider going back to stock and selling parts. also i dont know if i got your milage from the post.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
chrisnetcom

My Ride: 05 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg323 View Post
Thanks. I didn't want to give that impression, but I did want to emphasize the amount of work that has gone into the car. There are some major maintenance items (like the clutch) that have been taken care of, which I feel is a good selling point, not to mention some of the mods. Still, interested to hear any questions or comments.
Mods usually decrease value, not increase it. I agree, the price is a little high.
chrisnetcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
jorg323

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnetcom View Post
Mods usually decrease value, not increase it. I agree, the price is a little high.
I don't agree with that. I certainly wouldn't ever expect the car's value to increase proportionally with the mods done (I agree that mods are generally a money pit, overall), but for good mods, it's normal to expect to regain a certain percentage of the cost of the mods - say, maybe, ~25-35%. So if I put $5,000 into generally desirable mods, I think it'd be fair to expect an additional $1,200-$1,500 of value increase on top of the stock value. Surely you can't believe something like Bilstein sport suspension will decrease the value?

However, the listing price was just a starting-off point to feel out the market. If it seems too expensive - make me an offer! I'm certainly flexible.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
chrisnetcom

My Ride: 05 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg323 View Post
I don't agree with that. I certainly wouldn't ever expect the car's value to increase proportionally with the mods done (I agree that mods are generally a money pit, overall), but for good mods, it's normal to expect to regain a certain percentage of the cost of the mods - say, maybe, ~25-35%. So if I put $5,000 into generally desirable mods, I think it'd be fair to expect an additional $1,200-$1,500 of value increase on top of the stock value. Surely you can't believe something like Bilstein sport suspension will decrease the value?

However, the listing price was just a starting-off point to feel out the market. If it seems too expensive - make me an offer! I'm certainly flexible.
To a typical car buyer, yes, they would decrease value. They don't want to deal with anything but OEM. Maybe not to fanatics like us. A typical buyer usually sees a modded car and thinks, 'teenage riceboy'. Ricers usually blow all their cash on rims and fart cans and never maintain the car.

Not calling you a riceboy.
chrisnetcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
jorg323

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnetcom View Post
To a typical car buyer, yes, they would decrease value. They don't want to deal with anything but OEM. Maybe not to fanatics like us. A typical buyer usually sees a modded car and thinks, 'teenage riceboy'. Ricers usually blow all their cash on rims and fart cans and never maintain the car.

Not calling you a riceboy.
Haha no, I agree with you there... but that's why I'm catering to a niche market, such as the members of this forum. Different cars are appealing to different people, and just because your average consumer doesn't value a modded vehicle, doesn't mean the vehicle itself is any less valuable, unless you're trying to sell it specifically to said average consumer - but they wouldn't be interested, anyway. These (tastefully) modded cars are aimed at people who appreciate the aesthetic of a relatively unique vehicle. I'm trying to find such a person, who might share this taste and appreciate the work done, and who will enjoy driving such a car. The style's certainly not for everyone.

Still, thanks for the input. I've taken it into consideration and modified the starting price accordingly. Again, if anyone's interested, let me know what you think is a fair price. Don't let whatever I've posted scare you away; I'm looking to get a fair price for the car, but I'd be glad to consider any good offer.