E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
260 rwhp 323i 99 e46 with orig motor and no super charger!

Hello all it has been a long ardiuos road, but i finally got the call today from Evosport! Put down 260 rwhp with a 99 e46 323i orig motor! no supercharger, but instead a custom turbo gt 35r with a pectel stand alone! dinan free flow exhaust, all custom piping and oil feed lines by Evosport! Huge thanks to Dale and Brad from Evosport for your time and patience, i have heard alot of good things about their customer service and i would say Brad has matched every one of them! I will have pics of the dyno and the set up in the next week or so as i am going to Cali to pick up my car
Any questions ask away!
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
jacobs323i

Can't forget Dale either he deserves props! as he put up with me and all my questions and calls! Thanks Dale!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
BadBoostedBmwM3

My Ride: 323i & e36 Turbo M3
Sweet!!

BUT, why did you pay all the money for a gt35r to only make 265whp?? You must be at like 6lbs of boost...
That turbo is effecient enough to make 650+HP. Plus, you could have got a smaller ball bearing turbo to help spool-up, but we all know the gt35r is spool happy.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
jacobs323i

i am at 8 lbs of boost, and the reason i went stand alone and gt35r is because i plan on rebuilding the bottom end of the engine and turning up the boost to around 12-14 lbs in the near future
Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs323i View Post
i am at 8 lbs of boost, and the reason i went stand alone and gt35r is because i plan on rebuilding the bottom end of the engine and turning up the boost to around 12-14 lbs in the near future
very cool project, congrats on getting it running

i hope you plan to open up your head, and get more displacement somehow...

where, rpm, do you achieve full boost?
what kind of turbo manifold is it?

I think you may have gotten more turbo than what you'll be using, but maybe not, share with us your plans

2001 330ci TT turbo
1992 240sx coupe
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
jtrejo

My Ride: e46 m3
no pics??
Old 10-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
jacobs323i

Hey Blue jeans i have not driven the car as of yet since i am from mn and it is in cali, so i do not know what rpm it hits boost or full boost. I am open to suggestions on the head what do you think i should do?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Nice, you live in St Paul? I'd love to come take a look at it when it's finished.

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
Hey Blue jeans i have not driven the car as of yet since i am from mn and it is in cali, so i do not know what rpm it hits boost or full boost. I am open to suggestions on the head what do you think i should do?
if you've ever had the chance to compare the ports on the heads of the m54 and the m50 family, then you know the m54 could use improvement. (I will refer to m52tu as m54, it's all the same family). At the very least, I would port .5" into the port to port-match to manifold, which is probably m50 based (m50,m50tu,s50,m52,s52)... of which the basic castings are all the same. I would port as much as 1" into the exhaust port to try and achieve the smoothest port-match.

As far as turbo, to really use it with a m52tub25, it needs to be built. Otherwise I feel it's tremendously oversized. You should experience 0 dropoff at upper rpms, but with the boost levels, displacement and compression ratio you have, it seems to me that a gt28 would be far more appropriate blower that would yield similar numbers with a far earlier spool. With the TT t3/t4, at 8 psi I made over 300whp on a very conservative dyno. Granted your motor is smaller, but I think you will manage better curves, much more area under them with something smaller.

2001 330ci TT turbo
1992 240sx coupe
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
really looking forward to seeing pictures of this beast!
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
Acarder

My Ride: 69' M3
Wouldn't you have gotten more power with a supercharger? I mean, yay turbo and all but at the end of the day saying no supercharger and then making like less than the standard one doesn't sound like a reason to celebrate just yet..

Last edited by Acarder; 10-09-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Acarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
cmajor009

My Ride: ///monster
where in cali r they located

My e4rtysick
cmajor009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Hello all it has been a long ardiuos road, but i finally got the call today from Evosport! Put down 260 rwhp with a 99 e46 323i orig motor! no supercharger, but instead a custom turbo gt 35r with a pectel stand alone! dinan free flow exhaust, all custom piping and oil feed lines by Evosport! Huge thanks to Dale and Brad from Evosport for your time and patience, i have heard alot of good things about their customer service and i would say Brad has matched every one of them! I will have pics of the dyno and the set up in the next week or so as i am going to Cali to pick up my car
Any questions ask away!
Congrats man!

It took a year, but you did what you said you would. Not many have done this.

Nice choice of ECU.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
jacobs323i

:Thanks for the congrats everyone! And yes Pei it finally came true however it was more like 2 years the car was not running right and under the knife lol! Not Evosports fault! Evosport is located in Huntington beach. Alec i will send you a pm when i get the car back soon i was going to fly down there and drive it back but now that it is snowing i am gonna have it shipped back, waiting for the clutch masters clutch to go in this week and then i will find out when the trucking company can pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL finally get it done and all i want to do is drive, but living in Minnesota sux cuz it is already snowing= no driving!

ANd everyone that wants pics they will come soon along with a dyno to prove my words are the truth and not just
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
jacobs323i

Hey Pei ya the pectel is sick!!!!!!!!!!! after talking to Neel at apex and dale at evosport i knew this was the one for my future upgrdes on the built motor, turn it up to between 12-16 psi and really let that gt35r breath at that point this car will be the ultimate sleeper!!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
jacobs323i

Acader in regards to your post, no you would not get more power with a supercharger i looked and aa and ess are very close they are both around 310 bhp wich is at the crank i believe which would make it around 255 whp. Also those are not upgradeable as i can rebuild my bottom end and turn up the boost and hopefully get around 350-400 whp, also name one person that has done this besides irish mikes racing! Kinda bragging rights for a almost one of a kind thing. Plus when people tell me i can't do something it makes me wanna do it that much more!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Rooz

My Ride: 2003 M5
Quote:
Acader in regards to your post, no you would not get more power with a supercharger i looked and aa and ess are very close they are both around 310 bhp wich is at the crank i believe which would make it around 255 whp. Also those are not upgradeable as i can rebuild my bottom end and turn up the boost and hopefully get around 350-400 whp, also name one person that has done this besides irish mikes racing! Kinda bragging rights for a almost one of a kind thing. Plus when people tell me i can't do something it makes me wanna do it that much more!
You can't get 600hp out of that car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #18
E46mike-izzle

My Ride: 330ci

E46mike-izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
jacobs323i

i have a couple pics of the engine bay with the piping and oil feed lines etc, how do i post pics?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #20
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
pics or it didnt happen
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote