E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
BonesXX

My Ride: Vert
Navall WinCe vs Dynavin WinCe Bluetooth Navigation Head Unit

Ok so I was all set to purchase the D99+ thinking that Navall was only android based and then as I was browsing threads again to get some clarifications on a couple of things I see that Navall has one as well.

I can see from their sites that each have some unique features I was just hoping that someone had used both and could give me real world comparison. Any feedback would be appreciated

See post number 7 below. I decided to go with the Navall and will review once received and installed

See post # 8 below for my initial review

Last edited by BonesXX; 04-18-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Content
BonesXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
iWeldonJ

My Ride: 325Ci
From what I've read the S150 is much quicker at start up and faster overall. Faster processing, memory and is pure android. D99+ is not 100% Android. www.avinusa.com also sells the S150.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I think the OP is saying that he doesnt want an android unit....

As for the unit you are asking about....ive never seen one or seen a post about one. But looking at their site it looks a lot like the old hualingan unit from a few years back.....although there are no actual pics of it from what I could see, just renderings, so hard to say....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 04-02-2014 at 05:48 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
iWeldonJ

My Ride: 325Ci
Ah... Got it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-02-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Oh Gosh No , Its Not the Haulingan Jeff, you probably know what a disaster some of those were ! Haulingan was brutal for Grab and run ! I was victim to them on 5 units myself ! They didn't back up the sale like you and I do.
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
ok, good to know, im glad you didnt raise those from the grave!

Looked back at some google images, I take it back, yours doesnt look like that, forgot about the rounded buttons one those...

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 04-02-2014 at 05:42 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #7
BonesXX

I will attempt to post a review on the unit I went with as well as why I chose it. I will not get into sound nor installation as there are many post here regarding those.

First the reason I chose WinCE. This is for my wife who is definitely not a techie. If it had been for me I would have went Android. Second we tend to buy nice fun used cars for my wife, keep them a couple of years, sell them and do it again. In this case we found a pristine E46 vert with 3900, yes 3900 miles. For this reason I wanted front facing USB and SD so as not to have to "mod" any other part of the car. USB and SD are the only things we were interested in other than BT streaming, phone and Nav.

So with these things in mind I started my research and after reading all of the threads regarding aftermarket HU I decided there was really only two for me to consider. The Dynavin and the Navall. This was based on features, reliability and probably more than anything the customer service and support that both Jeff and Sean provide to the folks in the threads I have read, in some cases even when the unit was not purchased from them. Price was not a consideration although the Navall is the cheaper of the two in list price but Dynavin I believe has free shipping.

Once I had it narrowed down to these two it was a matter of choosing what best suited our needs. The Navall seems to have a few more features as well as a front facing USB and SD which were important to me. One of the features that I didn't even know was out there but absolutely delighted my wife was the virtual "CD" and the internal storage. She just likes to use her CDs and with the Navall you can download 20 CDs and thus the "virtual CD". Also the phone buttons are right on the front of the Navall unit and not in a different screen.

I don't want to get into too much tech talk as the end user experience is more important to me. However there are some things that can effect that in my opinion and I will include those

Internal Storage (ROM) --- Navall 4GB

Internal Storage (ROM) --- Dynavin 128MB

RAM --- Navall 512 MB DDR II

RAM --- Dynavin 256 MB DDR

CPU --- Navalll 1GHZ Dual-Core A8 chipset

CPU --- Dynavin 500MHz ARMv7 Processor rev 3

This is by no means meant to be a comprehensive comparison of all features and capabilities but simply the ones that helped me make my decision.

Jeff and Sean please feel free to correct anything I have gotten wrong. Also if you both would post pics of your respective HU I think that would help everyone.

I ordered the Navall this morning and will review once installed and used for a few days

Last edited by BonesXX; 04-18-2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Content
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
BonesXX

Reserved for Review

OK so I have had the unit in for a few days and have used most of the features that led me to purchase this unit. One thing that I wasn't expecting is the sound improvement. There are some preset EQ setting but I played around with the custom settings and it is a HUUGE sound upgrade. My stock speakers actually have some bass sound now.

Bluetooth works great for both streaming and phone. I did install the external mike that was included and when talking or listening it is clear and crisp. My wife has called me from the car a few times now and it is really clear. No "in a drum" sound at all. It downloaded the address book easily and quickly. There is a search feature and when you use it the first time it ask permission to download your AB and that's it!! My wife has a Galaxy Note S3 and the voice control works fine with the BT.

SD card.Just to clarify this unit has two micro SD slots in the front. One for the NAV and one for Media. You can't see them in the photos as they have covers. I converted all of my ITunes library to MP3 (almost 1600 songs) and downloaded onto a 32G SD card and my wife absolutely loves it. YAY !! No more of her CD cases all over the place. I uploaded all of her CDs to ITunes prior to downloading to the SD card.
The only thing I wish the SD feature had was a shuffle feature for all songs. It may be there and I just haven't figured out how to use it. just figured out how to do this. See post 12 belowIf so I am sure Sean will chime in. You can shuffle within an Album just not all songs.

Navigation Nav works great and has some cool features the my trucks factory Nav does not. POI is included with the Nav so no need to update. The only thing I would like to see is music pausing when on voice guidance but to me this is only minor. What it does instead is speak over the music.

Steering Wheel Controls all work just as they would with a factory system and can be configured to individual tastes.

Support This is the main reason I went with this unit and I haven't been disappointed> Sean has been Johnny on the spot replying to my emails almost immediately, including Saturday and Sunday !! I could not have asked for better !!

DVD I did play one DVD just to make sure it worked and it had a good clear picture. I only played it for a few minutes just to make sure it worked.

To clarify there are a lot of features in on this HU I will never use such as camera inputs, dual zone entertainment, Aux input, and the ability to record from a camera directly to the internal storage of the HU.

More to come as I get more into the usage and features

Last edited by BonesXX; 04-27-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Content
Old 04-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #9
rideagain2002

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Have you had a chance to get the install done? I ordered a Dynavin but I am still kinda on the fence, will be looking for your review.
rideagain2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #10
BonesXX

I have not installed it yet. However I am impressed with the shipping. Sean was out of stock here but I ordered it last Friday and got it Wednesday afternoon, FROM CHINA!!!!!!!!! I am going to do the install tomorrow. It also came with four neat tools for trim removal!!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
BonesXX

Review

Initial Review in post number 8 for those following the thread
Old 04-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #12
BonesXX

Shuffle all songs

Just figured out how to do this. Go to the search feature and choose a song. The search feature works by song title. Once you have chosen a song hit the back button which will return you to the music menu and hit shuffle. Done!!!