E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
eas | TyreGuardian - Puncture Control System

Gentlemen,

We've got a new product to keep your mind at ease during those long road trips.

TyreGuardian is an innovative concentrated liquid compound easily installed though the tire valve after the removal of the tire valve core/stem. After installation, simply drive the vehicle a few miles allowing the tire rotation to distribute the product evenly throughout the inside of the tire. Now, all porosity, bead, and rim leaks are sealed for the full legal life of the tire, or up to five years.

Once a tire has been treated with TyreGuardian the compound creates a thin liquid film on the inside of the treated tire which provides a barrier that maintains tire pressure and creates a complete air tight container within the tire and tire rim. Optimum tire pressure is maintained for the full legal life of the tire, and results in better tire performance, improved fuel mileage, and increased safety.

In the event of a puncture, the pressurized air inside the tire trying to escape will immediately draw TyreGuardian to the source of the leak and seal the hole created by the puncture, regardless if the puncturing object is removed or not. The seal is permanent, the tire does not need to be removed and repaired, and eliminates the need for the driver to make immediate stops to check the tire. After installation TyreGuardian remains dormant inside the tire until a puncture activates it. The TyreGuardian Puncture Protection System prevents the most common automobile disabler - a tire puncture. A concentrated, latex-based liquid, TyreGuardian is easily installed in minutes. Once installed, your tires are protected against tire punctures in the tread area for the life of the tire! This level of protection eliminates the dangers of changing a tire at the side of busy highways and eliminates the waiting inherent in roadside assistance plans.

TyreGuardian is the puncture protection system of choice for international rally teams and automotive enthusiasts from around the world. Designed to quickly and easily treat any tire, TyreGuardian provides a revolutionary solution to a time consuming, often costly, and sometimes dangerous problem - the flat tire.

TyreGuardian Puncture Protection System delivers many benefits over the alternatives:
- TyreGuardian is installed prior to a puncture, and is dormant until a puncture occurs
- No messy hands, no dangerous jacks to deal with, no inattentive drivers to dodge
- TyreGuardian is easier, cleaner, and safer, than changing a flat tire with a spare tire
- No need to get out and change the tire on a dangerous roadside
- TyreGuardian is activated when a puncture occurs, and seals the puncture
- Increased fuel efficiency due to less weight (you can remove your spare)
- Increased fuel efficiency due to optimal tire pressure with no maintenance
- TyreGuardian seals the pores that naturally exist in rubber tires

TyreGuardian™ creates a latex-based inner seal that bonds with the tire, sealing all pores and holes.
- Seals tire punctures in the tread area of the tire while the vehicle is being driven
- Seals holes made by puncturing objects up to 1/4” (6 mm) diameter in tubeless tires
- Seals holes made by puncturing objects up to 1/8” (3 mm) diameter in tube tires
- Lightweight, prevents rust, seals porosity leaks, does not affect tire or rim properties
- Extends tire life by maintaining tire pressure, tire balance, and reducing heat buildup
- One liter fills roughly 4 to 8 typical automobile tires depending on tire size - visit the online calculator to determine how much TyreGuardian each of your tires will need

TyreGuardian AutoSUV (1000ml), Treats 4-8 tires, installation in 10 minutes

TyreGuardian - Puncture Control System for Auto/SAV
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=2816

If you have any questions in regards to the product above, feel free to contact me directly via PM, email, this thread, or simply just give us a call.
david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
ferrarix99

My Ride: 87 325e - 05 M3 Vert
"better tire performance, improved fuel mileage"?

some of the pics arent working. so if i get a nail and pull out the nail, i wont need to plug it with a tire plug or patch it? Is this similar to fix a flat?
Bimmerworld Epic Tune | OEM Euro Headers | CSL Brakes | B&B TriFlo | aFe SuperStock | PSS10 | Varrstoen TE37 | V1 | ZKW Lens Swap | Orion Golds
Want your car coded? PM me.
ferrarix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarix99 View Post
"better tire performance, improved fuel mileage"?

some of the pics arent working. so if i get a nail and pull out the nail, i wont need to plug it with a tire plug or patch it? Is this similar to fix a flat?
Fix-a-Flat forms a permanent film inside the tire and wheel and can most times throw a wheel/tire our of balance as well as destroy the TPMS sensors on newer BMWs - tire changers hate the stuff.

Depending on the size of the puncture, the TyreGuardian will immediately seal up the hole and retain air pressure and is TPMS friendly.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Minnoe07

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330Ci
What happens when you get a puncture in a tire with a nail, the products seals the puncture around the nail, and then remove the nail later? Will the stuff come gushing out? Will you have to replace the tire? Will you have to clean it out? Can you use a traditional plug/patch afterwards?

2004 330Ci 6 Speed; UUC Sway Bars; Powerflex RTAB's and FCAB's; KW V2 Coilovers; 3.38 OS Giken LSD
Z4 Finned Diff Cover; Headers; M-Tech II Rear Bumper and CF Diffusor; CF Trunk; CSL Front Bumper
M3 CF Hood; DICE I-Pod Kit; JTD Rear Shock Mounts; UUC Front Strut Bar; O2 Simulators
ESS TS2 Twin Screw Supercharger

Minnoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnoe07 View Post
What happens when you get a puncture in a tire with a nail, the products seals the puncture around the nail, and then remove the nail later? Will the stuff come gushing out? Will you have to replace the tire? Will you have to clean it out? Can you use a traditional plug/patch afterwards?
From the TyreGuardian site:

Tyre Guardian is a concentrated liquid gel which is easily installed though the valve after the removal of the valve core. After the installation, the product is spread completely throughout the inside of the tyre (by rotational forces) sealing all porosity leaks (rubber is a naturally porous material), bead and rim leaks. The coating of the product provides a barrier which maintains your tyre pressure and a complete air tight container. Thus, maintaining the optimum pressure for the full legal life of the tyre.

In the event of a puncture, the pressurized air inside trying to escape will immediately draw the Tyre Guardian to the source of the leak and seal the hole. Regardless if the puncturing object is removed or not, the Tyre Guardian will seal all porous holes and leaks. Tyre Guardian’s sealing function is permanent and the tyre does not need to be removed and repaired. This eliminates the need for the driver to make immediate stops to check on the tyre. After installation the Tyre Guardian will lie dormant inside the tyre until the need for it to work arises.

Tyre Guardian is made from a special formula containing latex and is not harmful to the environment when the tyre is disposed. Once installed, Tyre Guardian is 'on guard' and seals any punctures as they occur, for up to five years (unless the tube is physically damaged).

More info can be found on TG's site here: http://www.tyreguardian.us/StoreFront.bok
Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
dirsh
Hawaii 3.0

My Ride: sanbyaku sanjuu
neat
but will this stuff get stuck on the rim?

Quote:
Hello dirsh it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
dirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
tom @ eas
european auto source

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirsh View Post
neat
but will this stuff get stuck on the rim?
No, centrifugal force will keep it planted to the tire.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
-Screw in my tire! Fixed with Tyre Guardian

Its happened to most of us, and it turns out that it's my turn for the dreaded screw in tire failure! I noticed my TPMS warning kept coming on, so I checked my tires and found the culprit:

Luckily for me, we just started carrying a new product called Tyre Guardian, so I figured I would give it a shot, rather than patching the hole. Tyre Guarding had an insanely impressive display at Sema, were they were actually drilling into tires, stabbing them, hammering nails into them etc.

The kit comes with the Tyre Guardian fluid, hose, and valve stem removal tool

Step 1: Remove valve stem with supplied tool, and let the air out of the tire:

Step 2: Attach hose to valve stem

Step 3: Fill with the designated amount of fluid indicated on the bottle

Step 4: Refill tire with air and you are done!

I have been driving on the tire now for over a week, and have had no problems at all! no more TPMS failure light either
eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
n2Bimmer

My Ride: Loves Corners
Looks cool but 80 dollars?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2Bimmer View Post
Looks cool but 80 dollars?
That's much less expensive than any one of my tires! It's actually only 1/3 of the cost of just one of my tires, so adding that protection is priceless to me. Some of the guys like myself, don't want to go with run-flat tires because they're not comfortable, they don't have grip levels like non-run-flats do, and I never run with my spare tire in the trunk, that just adds too much weight to everything.

So for most guys, there absolutely willing to go for this, if you still run a spare, or if you have run-flat tires and don't have a problem with either of those, then obviously I can understand.
david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
n2Bimmer

My Ride: Loves Corners
You know i can save my Dunlop SS with this kit. When are they going on sale??. lol