E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #61
kimrose44147

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Screw Audi

Seriously screw Audi and the headaches their cars bring. 1983 Ur-Quattro....junk, 1999 TT Quattro turbo...one headache after another untill it qualified as a lemon, 2001 S6....not much better. Lets not forget about the late 80's when Audi's decided to accelerate uncontrollably at will.
kimrose44147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #62
warfen

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckuss00 View Post
As much as I love BMW! I will admit Audi is making much better looking cars right now! Audi does lack in the power department and their cost is outragous. BMW does need to step it up! Mercedes and Audi are pulling ahead!
Pulling ahead, I am not so sure about that. No matter what Audi does, Bmw looks better, every car!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #63
EIAlfonso

My Ride: 2011 535xi M Sport
For 20+ years BMW beat Audi in every Comparo by every magazine

They finally win a few and then....

I wouldn't mind one in my garage though
Old 03-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #64
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
since im might be working for audi, I am going to have to say they have become a great car, are they better than BMW? No. but still a great car nonetheless. I do prefer their interiors over BMW's, the e93 has gotten cheap on their interior, cheap stock sound system, and cheap materials, audi has surpassed them a little, quatro is a nice feature also for daily driving, rwd is better for the track but awd accounts for a smoother ride IMO, but as for styling exterior wise and performance, audi cannot touch BMW.

One major problem with bmw is they dont have a supercar, they have the m3, m5, and m6 but all of them will get the doors blow off of them by the average c6 corvette, they are too heavy, whereas audi has the r8, and r8 v10 which will beat anything besides a ferrari, lambo, and zr1 corvette. BMW's M division is slacking in my opinion, and now they want to make an ///M for the 1 series, thats going to be a joke, they should redesign the real ///M1 and make a car that can blow the doors off a veyron. bmw made the engine that powered the mclaren f1 among other parts on it, and that car to this day can still beat a bugatti veyron, and is one of the fastest cars on the face of the earth, if bmw was able to make that over a decade ago, imagine what they could be capable of making today...

///M

Last edited by Redline; 03-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #65
Bullet8181

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
since im might be working for audi, I am going to have to say they have become a great car, are they better than BMW? No. but still a great car nonetheless. I do prefer their interiors over BMW's, the e93 has gotten cheap on their interior, cheap stock sound system, and cheap materials, audi has surpassed them a little, quatro is a nice feature also for daily driving, rwd is better for the track but awd accounts for a smoother ride IMO, but as for styling exterior wise and performance, audi cannot touch BMW.

One major problem with bmw is they dont have a supercar, they have the m3, m5, and m6 but all of them will get the doors blow off of them by the average c6 corvette, they are too heavy, whereas audi has the r8, and r8 v10 which will beat anything besides a ferrari, lambo, and zr1 corvette. BMW's M division is slacking in my opinion, and now they want to make an ///M for the 1 series, thats going to be a joke, they should redesign the real ///M1 and make a car that can blow the doors off a veyron. bmw made the engine that powered the mclaren f1 among other parts on it, and that car to this day can still beat a bugatti veyron, and is one of the fastest cars on the face of the earth, if bmw was able to make that over a decade ago, imagine what they could be capable of making today...
This dude ^
Is a Boss, I agree with him completely, in every word he just said.
Bullet8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #66
Rayce185
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied

/thread
|

dun dun duuuunnnn
Rayce185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #67
alibusoul

My Ride: TiAg e46 Vert
Quote:

I agree also, this is how I've felt for years about the audi vs. bmw situation. M1 ftmfw, and you know if BMW pursued the M1, they would blow EVERYONE and EVERYTHING away.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #68
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Yawn

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #69
Freeflow

My Ride: 330zhp ; E30/325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrose44147 View Post
Seriously screw Audi and the headaches their cars bring. 1983 Ur-Quattro....junk, 1999 TT Quattro turbo...one headache after another untill it qualified as a lemon, 2001 S6....not much better. Lets not forget about the late 80's when Audi's decided to accelerate uncontrollably at will.
So funny, I test drove a late model Audi 100 that decided to do this.. god only knows how i was able to stop the car... i shut it down to... to find a smell of burnt clutch in the automatic... when I brought the car back to the owner he accused me of beating on it lol i took off so fast piece of crap car!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #70
Albobmw

My Ride: 01 bmw 325i
Quote:

It's not true that the M3,5 and 6 get blown away by the corvettes, porsches and audis. They compete very well with all classes. I dare you to find a faster sedan, which is as comfortable and as practical as the M5. i dare you to find a car in M3 class which beats it. Which car is so much faster than the M6 in its class? You may find a few cars faster, but they may be faster by 1-2 seconds, and we're talking about expensive cars.

Watch videos on youtube, and people who test cars for a living will say BMW can hold it's own.
The e46 CSL was hailed as a masterpiece, to squeeze that much power out of a 6 cylinder car. The current M3 is a moster, that with a simple turbo charge or supercharge, you can get over 650Hp.

The M6 is a supercar. Audi can make a supercar because it has the backing of VW, and the base models of Audi. If Audi depended on the RS8 to make a profit, they would be out of business.

Audi has three brand names to play with, Lambo, Audi, and VW, while BMW is just BMW.

So BMW can't spend a billion dollars researching and developing a hypercar (M6 is a supercar) and still turn a profit, and still give you luxury at lower price, and still turn out new cars, and exciting stuff, it doesn't work that way, when the luxury market is suffering right now. A hypercar doesn't make sense right now.

Besides all the imitation of BMW, and all the competition against it, it's still the number one or number two luxury car manufacturer in the world.

Last edited by Albobmw; 03-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Albobmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #71
mat330ci

My Ride: 2002 E46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to mat330ci
OK... after reading half the post I feel we are speaking as bmw fanatics ourselves but I will compare the Audi a8 vs Bmw 750li (I am comparing because my mother has owned both). The audi A8 was a soft vehicle to drive at the time we felt it was the most incredible car in the world then again we had just gotten out of a lexus gx470. We soon came to the easy conclusion with the audi that after 4 years two different leases and having to visit the dealership more than 10 times, that it was time to move on. We then leased a 2007 BMW 750li which my mother seamlessly fell in love with in a short 2 months (although she missed the full wood steering wheel). Once the lease was up on the BMW in mid 2009 we decided to check the Mercedes S550 test drove and she felt it was sloppy, a rep from BMW brought her a 2010 BMW 750LI she sat inside her jaw dropped she took it for a drive and her eyes rolled back..HAHA.... and of course she leased the new BMW once again. Describing i forgot to mention that neither of the two bmw we have leased have been to the dealership more than twice and both times for that stupid tire pressure monitoring system..

2001 330ci 5 speed
M3 Front Bumper, 19 CSL reps, Eibach springs, and muffler delete.
mat330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #72
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat330ci View Post
OK... after reading half the post I feel we are speaking as bmw fanatics ourselves but I will compare the Audi a8 vs Bmw 750li (I am comparing because my mother has owned both). The audi A8 was a soft vehicle to drive at the time we felt it was the most incredible car in the world then again we had just gotten out of a lexus gx470. We soon came to the easy conclusion with the audi that after 4 years two different leases and having to visit the dealership more than 10 times, that it was time to move on. We then leased a 2007 BMW 750li which my mother seamlessly fell in love with in a short 2 months (although she missed the full wood steering wheel). Once the lease was up on the BMW in mid 2009 we decided to check the Mercedes S550 test drove and she felt it was sloppy, a rep from BMW brought her a 2010 BMW 750LI she sat inside her jaw dropped she took it for a drive and her eyes rolled back..HAHA.... and of course she leased the new BMW once again. Describing i forgot to mention that neither of the two bmw we have leased have been to the dealership more than twice and both times for that stupid tire pressure monitoring system..
I feel as if the wood steering wheel would slip through my hands when Im trying to do a little spirited driving
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #73
Rayce185
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied

Did she test drive the current A8 too? Just for reference...
|

dun dun duuuunnnn
Rayce185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #74
mhagley323

My Ride: 330i
audi falls short in nearly every competition.

03' 330i
Mods
|M Tech II|P46| Orion V2|Painted Rear Diffuser and Moldings|Clears|Painted Grills|Koni FSD|Eibach|M6|WeissLicht LED|

09' ///M5
Mods
|BMW Performance Gloss Grills, Gills and Reflectors|SuperSprint|RPI|WeissLicht LED|
mhagley323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #75
k3nmasters

My Ride: Is A Unicorn!
Send a message via AIM to k3nmasters
Quote:
Originally Posted by santorinblue View Post
Considering the RS4 is closer to the M3 power wise, why wouldn't they compare the S4 to the 335i?

The M3 is a class leading machine, however, Audi have done their homework.
Anyone catch the E92 335i vs S5 on FifthGear?

The 335i beats the S5 laptime on a road course and Audi claims to have built the S5 to compete against the E92 M3..

I'm looking for another E46 M3! My B5 S4 is def not a looker..

::05' S54 iR 6MT::

Ichishima-San, "Ferraris and Lamborghinis are like women that are great in bed, but not so great at cleaning the house or cooking."
k3nmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #76
lilaznman35

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
"i own an audi rs4" oh... is that good?
"i own a bmw m3" sh!t.
lilaznman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #77
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another BM View Post
lol my friend has an 01 s4 and he's always trying to compare it to my 330ci..
he says it faster and awd so it must be better... lol i would love to see how slow that car is without its turbos..

either way i remember a night out.

so we're at a club talking to 2 girls and one girl asked us what we drive.. he says AUDI with a huge smile..
i just say bmw normally and both girls are like OMG you have a bimmer.

He got so jealous and bluets out my audi will blow his car out of the water.. the girls just look at him like hes a loser. and says ughhh w/e bmws are still better.. He was SOOO pissed i loved it.

ahh man so funny
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #78
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
ps i feel the need to give my 2c as we own an A4 too. comparing to the bmw, they are both brilliant cars which just do it differently.

audis ads have people talking, and that is the definition of brilliant marketing, so it can only go up for them in the near future. good on them i say.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #79
Albobmw

My Ride: 01 bmw 325i
I say the competition is good for us who like Bimmers. BMW kinda slacked off after the e46, and guess what, the competition noticed and made BMW pay.

Look at how BMW is reacting: Great M3, the new 5er is a classic, the 7er is also top in its class, then you have coming the 335is which on paper looks delicious, ad let's not forget the new m5 which some say it could be the best M5 ever.

Competition always favors the consumers.
Albobmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #80
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albobmw View Post
I say the competition is good for us who like Bimmers. BMW kinda slacked off after the e46, and guess what, the competition noticed and made BMW pay.

Look at how BMW is reacting: Great M3, the new 5er is a classic, the 7er is also top in its class, then you have coming the 335is which on paper looks delicious, ad let's not forget the new m5 which some say it could be the best M5 ever.

Competition always favors the consumers.
and the new 135is
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote