E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #181
doubledees

My Ride: 2005 M3 Jet Black
Hey mass,

Is there a way to get the radio to not scan stations everytime the engine is turned off and turned on again. I get that everytime I hop in the car and have to press the right knob to get it to stop scanning. I don't have it on auto scan so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Also I notice with the SY8 box the steering controls work, I get volume control, picking up the phone if there is incoming but if you end a call the button does not work. the R/T dosen't work. The button that switches stations work but I have yet to figure out how to get it to preset stations once you press up or down, at this moment it just goes by .1 increments.
On CD mode, it'll skip to the next track and back so that is fine. Are you getting the same symptoms as I?
doubledees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #182
cdm3

My Ride: 2005 m3 Vert
Turn off TA and I think TF functions and it will stop automatic seek... The only functions I have on steering wheel are volume but I have not tried pickup as i push the phone button on unit. Next station does not work on mine which is version2
cdm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #183
NIVO

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to NIVO
what are the rca voltages?
NIVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #184
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledees View Post
Hey mass,

Is there a way to get the radio to not scan stations everytime the engine is turned off and turned on again. I get that everytime I hop in the car and have to press the right knob to get it to stop scanning. I don't have it on auto scan so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Also I notice with the SY8 box the steering controls work, I get volume control, picking up the phone if there is incoming but if you end a call the button does not work. the R/T dosen't work. The button that switches stations work but I have yet to figure out how to get it to preset stations once you press up or down, at this moment it just goes by .1 increments.
On CD mode, it'll skip to the next track and back so that is fine. Are you getting the same symptoms as I?
turn AF and TA off. Make sure AS is not on to fix scanning problem. I have the sy8 box but my steering wheel controls do not work at all for phone use. My volumecontrol on steering wheel is the only control that works in bt mode. My SWC work in all other modes. Volume works, The radio scan up and down works but does not go to preset channels. it just goes to next available channel. My radio also goes by .1 increments(I think that is a Chineese thing) and cd also goes to next track. Same with ipod up and down buttons on swc go to next or previous track.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #185
cdm3

Anyone have a wiring diagram of the Business CD unit with HK?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #186
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm3 View Post
Anyone have a wiring diagram of the Business CD unit with HK?
I am pretty sure you can get it in the back of the bentley service manual. I have the manual but unfortunately I don't have a scanner at the moment. Maybe, Bentley has something online.

This is for 2003 e46 m3:

WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION

Battery RED/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS

Accesory VIOLET/WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS

Ground BROWN (-) RADIO HARNESS

Power Antenna WHITE (+) RADIO HARNESS

LF Speaker (+) YELLOW/RED

LF Speaker (-) BROWN/ORANGE

RF Speaker (+) BLACK/RED

RF Speaker (-) BROWN/ORANGE

LR Speaker (+) YELLOW/BLACK

LR Speaker (-) BLACK/ORANGE

RR Speaker (+) BLUE/BLACK

RR Speaker (-) BROWN/ORANGE

Last edited by mass03m3; 03-23-2010 at 09:35 PM.
mass03m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #187
doubledees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass03m3 View Post
turn AF and TA off. Make sure AS is not on to fix scanning problem. I have the sy8 box but my steering wheel controls do not work at all for phone use. My volumecontrol on steering wheel is the only control that works in bt mode. My SWC work in all other modes. Volume works, The radio scan up and down works but does not go to preset channels. it just goes to next available channel. My radio also goes by .1 increments(I think that is a Chineese thing) and cd also goes to next track. Same with ipod up and down buttons on swc go to next or previous track.

Thanks i will try that.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #188
cdm3

Thanks Mass03M3! I will look online. Dynavin BBS is asking me for schematics to solve my reset issues indicating my wiring is different and I should switch/swap power wires. I am reluctant to do so....
Old 03-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #189
jeffb325

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm3 View Post
Thanks Mass03M3! I will look online. Dynavin BBS is asking me for schematics to solve my reset issues indicating my wiring is different and I should switch/swap power wires. I am reluctant to do so....
you can check this real easy with a test light or a voltmeter.
jeffb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #190
damills

My Ride: 02 m3 06 m3ic,325cia
radio or vents first

When putting dynavin unit in, which goes in first, radio or vents, just want to clarify?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #191
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
When putting dynavin unit in, which goes in first, radio or vents, just want to clarify?
pretty sure it's vents. because the radio mount goes over the vent mount at the top corners.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #192
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
pretty sure it's vents. because the radio mount goes over the vent mount at the top corners.
On my car, I had to put the radio in first because the vents didn't line up on the bottom with the rest of the dash. It kind of sucked them in at the bottom. this picture is with vents in first. It might be different on other cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	353375  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #193
doubledees

Quote:
When I did it, vents came out first then headunit, going back in should be headunit then vents.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 AM   #194
Alex323Ci

Quote:
On my car, I had to put the radio in first because the vents didn't line up on the bottom with the rest of the dash. It kind of sucked them in at the bottom. this picture is with vents in first. It might be different on other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledees View Post
When I did it, vents came out first then headunit, going back in should be headunit then vents.
maybe i'm mistaken then. i've done it like 5 times now recently, but certainly could have forgotten how i did it without seeing it again.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #195
cdm3

Radio first, vents last here..
Old 03-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #196
damills

Quote:
There is a 2"x3" black box with a SY8 on it that plugs into the connector harness. It has a small male jack on the other end, this jack plugs into the female connector coming out of the headunit labeled IR. This is for your steering wheel control. There are a lot of plugs that don't connect to anything if you are not using such things as aftermarket amp, Reverse camera etc.
Looking at the OEM connector before plugging into the dynavin, what is the small female plug at the bottom of the connector, looks like it has a place for 2 of them but on my car there is only one, if directly below that larger holes that plug into the radio. This small plug at the bottom of the OEM connector inside the car plug into the back of the OEM radio but nothing when you plug into the dynavin harness?

If this what you were trying to tell me is that for the OEM radio, that plug at the bottom of the OEM harness inside the car is for steering wheel controls and is replaced with the sys8 box with the dynavin unit?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #197
mass03m3

Quote:
Looking at the OEM connector before plugging into the dynavin, what is the small female plug at the bottom of the connector, looks like it has a place for 2 of them but on my car there is only one, if directly below that larger holes that plug into the radio. This small plug at the bottom of the OEM connector inside the car plug into the back of the OEM radio but nothing when you plug into the dynavin harness?

If this what you were trying to tell me is that for the OEM radio, that plug at the bottom of the OEM harness inside the car is for steering wheel controls and is replaced with the sys8 box with the dynavin unit?
I'll attach a picturefrom dynavin's site.sys8 box is very dark on the right hand side.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	091202074498dd4db2e8b151ba.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	353497  
Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #198
damills

Quote:
I'll attach a picturefrom dynavin's site.sys8 box is very dark on the right hand side.
I see what your saying but on the bottom of my connetor that is inside the BMW that is part of the BMW wiring, that connector, its a femal plug, I have the part at the top of that plug that plugs into the dynavin harness but at the bottom of the wire that comes out of the car (one you have to pull up on to detach from the original radio in the car), at the bottom of that connector is a small plug, could be the difference in the year of our cars if you dont have it??
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #199
Alex323Ci

Quote:
I see what your saying but on the bottom of my connetor that is inside the BMW that is part of the BMW wiring, that connector, its a femal plug, I have the part at the top of that plug that plugs into the dynavin harness but at the bottom of the wire that comes out of the car (one you have to pull up on to detach from the original radio in the car), at the bottom of that connector is a small plug, could be the difference in the year of our cars if you dont have it??
that sounds like(but not sure exactly what part you're trying to say) the section that is for the oem CD changer. which the Dynavin does not support.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #200
mass03m3

Quote:
Yeah, I don't Believe I have that connector. Could be cd changer as I don't have a changer installed. Maybe, someone else can answer this one for you.Here is the back of my cd business deck. Where does it plug in?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1087.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	353515  

Last edited by mass03m3; 03-25-2010 at 07:24 PM.
mass03m3 is offline   Reply With Quote