E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 4.80 average.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #221
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
I checked again and it looks like they aren't two piece like I initially thought. So let me know if you do end up switching the knobs, i'm not gonna be the first one to try as if it doesn't work it could be a mess.
BTW, the right knob on my unit does not turn off the radio. Checked this to, only the left does that on my unit.
I wish I could find out if the knob is in fact just glued to a steel post. My worry is, if it is just all one plastic piece, and I try to pull it off, all hell is going to break loose.

Regarding right knob: it is the strangest thing. It will turn unit on and when in radio mode and I turn it, It will move through the stations in .5 increments. also,, when I am in ipod mode and turn it, It will fast forward through the song. When I turn it in bluetooth mode, It does nothing. but pressing it in bt mode will answer phone, hang up phone and redial last number.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #222
jeffb325

My Ride: 325ci
.......LET THE SAGA CONTINUE.....

Just got an email from eurospec..."your dynavin has shipped".....

Looks like V3.0 is here, lets see how it turns out.

Last edited by jeffb325; 04-01-2010 at 06:03 PM.
jeffb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #223
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post

Good luck, Hope everything works out alright. Heard through the dynavin boards that the only issue on the v3 is the High hiss but we know how to fix that.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #224
doubledees

My Ride: 2005 M3 Jet Black
Rats I should have held off for v3...wonder if the knobs look the same. Was the font on the buttons changed on this?
doubledees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #225
jeffb325

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledees View Post
Rats I should have held off for v3...wonder if the knobs look the same. Was the font on the buttons changed on this?
Be careful what you wish for..... Hopefully no more issues pop up on this one

as far as i know there are no cosmetic changes
Old 04-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #226
jeffb325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass03m3 View Post
Good luck, Hope everything works out alright. Heard through the dynavin boards that the only issue on the v3 is the High hiss but we know how to fix that.
Yeah, and ill be curious to see how bad or not bad the hiss is, all radios have hiss, as we have discussed, it is the noise in "signal to noise ratio" If it isnt too bad you wont find it unless you are looking for it.

My dynavin is going into an all aftermarket system so I have amp gain adjustments to get everything where it should be, but, I might do a little experimenting with the factory amp just to confirm our earlier hypothesis about the output levels being to high.

Ill post anything interesting that I may find and, since im an installer and ive seen alot of systems, ill let you guys know how this thing stacks up.

....and i will post some well lit daytime pics to make delmarco happy.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #227
BG in NJ

My Ride: 06 AW/Cinn M3 Cab.
Quote:

I also received an email from eurospec that the unit has shipped however when I checked the tracking number on the USPS site it really hasn't shipped yet........

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

I'm sure I'll get the unit in the near future. I hope I'm not dissapointed.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #228
jeffb325

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG in NJ View Post
I also received an email from eurospec that the unit has shipped however when I checked the tracking number on the USPS site it really hasn't shipped yet........

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 1, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

I'm sure I'll get the unit in the near future. I hope I'm not dissapointed.
its been my experience that the USPS website tracking isnt very accurate....there seems to be a big delay on posting info sometimes, in the past I have recieved things that they show still havent shipped.

Im only one day away from eurospec so I should have mine today or monday. Ill let you know how it works.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #229
BG in NJ

Quote:
its been my experience that the USPS website tracking isnt very accurate....there seems to be a big delay on posting info sometimes, in the past I have recieved things that they show still havent shipped.

Im only one day away from eurospec so I should have mine today or monday. Ill let you know how it works.
I probably won't see mine until the middle/end of next week as I'm in NJ.

I'm looking forward to you review.

I assume you'll be installing yours with the LOC.

Thanks,
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #230
jeffb325

Quote:

I assume you'll be installing yours with the LOC.
see post #226

Last edited by jeffb325; 04-02-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #231
doubledees

My Ride: 2005 M3 Jet Black
I got my unit from euro-spec as well, my experience with them has been very good. Sometimes usps is a joke when it comes to their tracking numbers, you won't see movement only a in transit or delivered status.
doubledees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #232
jeffb325

Hey, check it out, ive been corosponding with dynavin about the noise issues and look what i got them to do:

"We will start to design and produce a special noise filter for DVN-E46 for the clients who have amplifier in their car. I think all the noise problem report are from client who have factory amplifier in the car,because we didn't hear any noise in the car without factory amplifier. It will take us 1-2 month to produce the filter for DVN-E46,then client do not need to cut any wire in the car loom,just unplug the current power cable,and plug the new one.When finish producing,we will send to our distributor.Thank you."

The public portion of the discussion is here:
http://bbs.dynavin.com/viewthread.ph...&extra=&page=2
Old 04-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #233
jeffb325

Even better news today:

"Dynavin:
We have tested the E46 amplifier active system adaptor made in EU (I think this device is same with LOC ), it works more like noise filter,at the same time,the volume signal become lower. the sound through this device become very pure. We are making it in the car loom of our headunit.Client who have factory amp in his car will not get noise problem anymore when installing the new car loom from us"

fanatics rejoice
Old 04-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #234
mass03m3

Quote:
Even better news today:

"Dynavin:
We have tested the E46 amplifier active system adaptor made in EU (I think this device is same with LOC ), it works more like noise filter,at the same time,the volume signal become lower. the sound through this device become very pure. We are making it in the car loom of our headunit.Client who have factory amp in his car will not get noise problem anymore when installing the new car loom from us"

fanatics rejoice
Wonder how much they are going to charge for this loom???
Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #235
blckonblck

My Ride: 04 m3
So with all that being said would you recommend this unit? I have a 2004 m3 with the business radio, and I have been looking for an upgrade for a long time, this unit seems to have all the features I would want in a new unit and does not require any severe modification to the car. So is it worth it?
blckonblck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #236
BG in NJ

Voice navigation

Does anyone know if the navigation has voice turn by turn capabilities?

Thanks,
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #237
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Does anyone know if the navigation has voice turn by turn capabilities?
Thanks,
yes it does.
you can turn the volume down or off for this if you don't want it
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #238
uncompiled

My Ride: G37xS & 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Even better news today:

"Dynavin:

fanatics rejoice
I'm really surprised about this. I wouldn't imagine that a small company would provide such good support for a product with a very limited market.

Keep us updated with your installation experiences! I'm looking forward to seeing your posts.
uncompiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #239
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Even better news today:

"Dynavin:

fanatics rejoice
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncompiled View Post
I'm really surprised about this. I wouldn't imagine that a small company would provide such good support for a product with a very limited market.

Keep us updated with your installation experiences! I'm looking forward to seeing your posts.
I am holding off on my final decision based off of what JeffB has to say. I have been on the fence about going ahead with my indash carputer ever since I heard about this unit late last summer. Recently I had been leaning towards the in dash pc but since the signs seem encouraging I think I am going to hold off and see how this unit continues to mature.

Looks like there may even be some alternate "home brew" "firmwares" being cooked up.
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #240
jeffb325

im installing right now, taking pics and noting problems, ill have something to post once Im done and everything is working, give a day or two as I want to put together a single dynavin thread with only factual info to replace the three we have going now.