E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.65 average.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #281
VasilisE

My Ride: Audi A4 B7
Hello guys.
Whatever problem you have with navigation program or whatever else i can , i am here to help. Also since the official BBS is down till May i started a new one , independent of the company one here : http://dynavin.freeforums.org

Regards VasilisE , Moderator of DynavinBBS

Last edited by VasilisE; 04-16-2010 at 06:20 AM.
VasilisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #282
BG in NJ

My Ride: 06 AW/Cinn M3 Cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasilisE View Post
Hello guys.
Whatever problem you have with navigation program or whatever else i can , i am here to help. Also since the official BBS is down till May i started a new one , independent of the company one here : http://dynavin.freeforums.org

Thank you!!!!
You were very helpful on the Dynavin BBS site.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #283
meistaiwan

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3 SMG
Quote:
Hello guys.

Thanks! Perhaps we can move this dynavin stuff off of here and on to there. I think I've found a new forum to lurk on...
meistaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #284
lappen

My Ride: 320iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by meistaiwan View Post
Thanks! Perhaps we can move this dynavin stuff off of here and on to there. I think I've found a new forum to lurk on...
It´s not much there yet but i think it will be in the future.
lappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #285
jeffb325

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Hello guys.

I will add a link to my info thread, thanks!
jeffb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #286
jeffb325

Last edited by jeffb325; 04-16-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #287
Devonjordan

My Ride: e46 325i
So this isn't dynavin specific, but I noticed it when installing my unit, and I think its the reason my unit is not working.

I've got no power to the "switch" or "ignition" 12v plug. Anyone know how to fix that?

Last edited by Devonjordan; 04-18-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: I can't spell for ****
Devonjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #288
jeffb325

you have no power at the ignition wire when you turn the car on?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #289
Devonjordan

Yeah
Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #290
jeffb325

check fuses first, then if they check out just find a wire that turns on and off with the ignition, Run a wire from the fuse box to the dynavin harness and use a "fuse tap" to plug a wire into the fuse plug. , cut the harness ign. wire and splice on your new power wire. The idea is just to use a different switched ignition circuit to tun your head unit on and off.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #291
Devonjordan

Yeah, I checked fuses this morning, and will check again. Thats exactly what I was thinking for a fix as well, now to find that wire...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #292
jeffb325

you can spend all day trying to figure out why that wire is dead or you can spend 3 minutes running a new one. As long as you dont have any other symptoms (make sure everything else in the car works) just rewire and call it good.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #293
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
Having trouble when I hook my ipod nano to the dynavin. It has been working fine for the past month but this morning it stopped. When I hook to the dynavin it changes to the ipod screen but then a second blue screen comes up that says "ipod battery low" and locks the touch screen. At the top of the screen the dynavin cycles between the clock and a message "connecting" and then after about thirty seconds it tells me to reconnect the ipod. When I reconnect the ipod, the whole process starts over again. I have recharged the ipod and there is no problem with it that I can see. I have also reset the dynavin with the reset button to no avail.

Has anyone run into this and if so how did you fix it????

I also posted this on the new Dynavin board but figured that not many people are using it yet.

Thanks

EDIT: I fixed this problem. Apparently, when I was pulling my headunit out to pitch it down for screen glare, I must have partially disconnected the ipod cord to the Dynavin. This cord has a very loose fit and I had taped it with electric tape so it would not pull out. I retaped it and all is better. Thank you anyways

Last edited by mass03m3; 04-19-2010 at 04:02 PM.
mass03m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #294
daveandharry

My Ride: BMW e46 328i
iPod connection issue

Hi, I was wondering if your iPod is functioning correctly now. I have the same issue in that the iPod connects and plays and charges as normal but when I turn the car off the iPod does not switch to pause so overnight the battery goes flat. In the morning I get that blue-screen warning about low battery.

When I installed I was carful to check the connection and taped it up well, but I guess it could have come loose when I crammed everything back in.
daveandharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #295
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandharry View Post
Hi, I was wondering if your iPod is functioning correctly now. I have the same issue in that the iPod connects and plays and charges as normal but when I turn the car off the iPod does not switch to pause so overnight the battery goes flat. In the morning I get that blue-screen warning about low battery.

When I installed I was carful to check the connection and taped it up well, but I guess it could have come loose when I crammed everything back in.
I think you have to either stop the ipod or switch to another Mode(which also stops it) before turning off the car or else it will stay on.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #296
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandharry View Post

My ipod is working fine now. I switch out of ipod mode on the dynavin before I shut the car down and the ipod also shuts itself off about 1 miinute later. When I restart the car and I am in another mode rather than the ipod mode, the dynavin will continue to charge the ipod battery(as well as when it is in the ipod mode).. As Alex said in his post above, either take dynavin out of ipod mode before turning car off or turn the actual ipod off manually, both ways will shut it down. My dice link would just keep the ipod charging after I turned the car off but then you risk draining the car battery if you leave it over a long period of time. I guess that I would rather my ipod dead then my car battery.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #297
BRANDEX

My Ride: E46 - 320d - 136 CP
Send a message via Yahoo to BRANDEX
Hello,

I have a BMW E46 from 2000 and I have the small navigation. Is there any adapter cable for that to put a Dynavin? Now I have a small conector in the back of the navigation, something with 8 pins, so is there any adapter cable?

Thank you.
BRANDEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #298
BRANDEX

My Ride: E46 - 320d - 136 CP
Send a message via Yahoo to BRANDEX
Hello,

I have a BMW E46 from 2000 and I have the small navigation. Is there any adapter cable for that to put a Dynavin? Now I have a small conector in the back of the navigation, something with 8 pins, so is there any adapter cable?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!BrYLG(g!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-CgEvC1QzRZrBLzcGm(Cj!~~_12.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	358123   Click image for larger version

Name:	!BrYLIB!!2k~$(KGrHqUH-CsEvESsE60iBLzcGsQpWQ~~_12.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	358124  
BRANDEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #299
m3dds

My Ride: 2006 M3
Dynavin E46 HU

Well I took the HU to Mobile Addictions and they could not troubleshoot the nonfunctioning navi prob, seems I need updates or new sd card or some guidance from the guys at eurospec. Hopefully, anyone at Eurospec will help me resolve this asap.
m3dds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #300
BG in NJ

My Ride: 06 AW/Cinn M3 Cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dds View Post
Well I took the HU to Mobile Addictions and they could not troubleshoot the nonfunctioning navi prob, seems I need updates or new sd card or some guidance from the guys at eurospec. Hopefully, anyone at Eurospec will help me resolve this asap.
I would try posting your problem over here:
http://dynavin.freeforums.org/
The moderator is very helpful and really knows these units.