E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #921
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
If anyone is interested in upgrading to iGo Primo, 8.3, and Wolf, just shoot me a PM. Have sent out roughly 75 cards and counting. All preformatted so it's plug and play

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #922
eezeekial

My Ride: 2004 smg
Ok, I have a question. I just purchased the V5 from a user on here and am close to getting it put in. I need to know an honest answer on the read times for flash drives and sd cards when playing mp3's. If I have a 16gb flash drive, will I already be 3 blocks down the road by the time it reads it? I am really intrigued by the unit but I need an honest answer here. Thanks in advance.
eezeekial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #923
skeptic286

My Ride: 2001 325xi
I have almost 5GB of Mp3s and it takes around 30 - 45 seconds to read it.
skeptic286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #924
ilbmwista

My Ride: 320 ci
How is the max capacity by usb, for HD(Hard Disk) or Pen Drive of my Dynavin V5 D-90 E46 ?

I've tried with pen drive 8gb is ok, but with Hard Disk 120GB is no ok!

Thanks very much!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #925
jluzbet

My Ride: 2003-530I
Send a message via AIM to jluzbet Send a message via MSN to jluzbet Send a message via Yahoo to jluzbet
does anyone know were I can get a 40 pin plug for this unit? I got one from my cousin but it has 17 pins.

Thanks
jluzbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #926
rodsfromday

My Ride: 323CI
Hey
Have a few issues with my unit.
1) sound fades in and out randomly!
2) my steering wheel controls stopped working
3) when I load CD or DVD it says " no disc", this worked up until yesterday
I also noticed when I am in Nav settings and have music playing everytime I touch the screen the sound volume changes!! Did a reset already but no luck!
Thanx

German Engineering at its best
rodsfromday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #927
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
much of this is covered in the FAQ (link is in my sig)....but it still sounds like you may have other issues....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #928
blackandgold

My Ride: 2000 E39 M5
I apparently have lost my Dynavin removal keys. Where can I get another set? I need to get the unit out because I have a constant ticking sound that I have lived with for 8 months - but it's gotten to the point of driving me crazy.
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #929
blackandgold

My Ride: 2000 E39 M5
bump - anyone have dynavin unit removal keys for a e39? I will pay you to borrow them.
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #930
anmaguco

My Ride: e46 328
hi, when the ipod is working and a call comes in, after you hang up does the ipod have to work automatically?
anmaguco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #931
chuckles

My Ride: 330ci
i like this unit but it seems to complicated haha.... not a car pc kind of guy

MODS:STAGE 3 TECHNIK SUPERCHARGER, H&R COILOVERS, DINAN FRONT STRUT, P46's, UUC TSE3 EXHAUST, UUC SWAYS, MRR 18in STAGGERED, M-TECH II FRONT, ALPINE IDA-X100, 6.5 JL XR COMPONENTS, 5.25 JL XR, ROCKFORD FOSGATE T400-4, ROCKFORD FOSGATE P300-1, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 12IN SHALLOW SUB, SMOKED CORNERS & SIDES & TAILS
chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #932
sharma_1000

My Ride: E46 330
Amplifier interferance and no sub control from Dynavin?

Hi guys,

I purchased my Dynavin a few months back and have to say aside from the bluetooth being poor and the radio reception being pretty useless I like the unit. Lots of features and looks oem.

However a few weeks back I had am amplifier fitted to power up 4 speakers and another amp for the sub. There was so much interference coming through the speakers I told the guy to put it back to standard. In addition the install was poor. The sub however worked fine however as I asked him to put it back to standard I just thought I would get a better quality fitter in to do the job properly.

Now I doubt very much my equipment was at fault for the interference and the wiring was new so I can only assume the interference was down to the Head Unit. Has anybody else done a similar install on a Dynavin and if so have you had this problem?

I am getting the amp for the sub rewired and was wondering if I am better off getting them to rewire it to the rear pre out from the head unit seeing as there seems to be no sub control on the head unit even though there is a sub pre out. Am I being stupid or is there actual no control from the head unit for this? And is there any advantage to using the sub pre out? Using the rear preout I can fade to the front to reduce the bass (back speakers are not as imporant to me anyway).

Thanks
sharma_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #933
damills

My Ride: 02 m3 06 m3ic,325cia
pre-amps only way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_1000 View Post
Hi guys,

I purchased my Dynavin a few months back and have to say aside from the bluetooth being poor and the radio reception being pretty useless I like the unit. Lots of features and looks oem.

However a few weeks back I had am amplifier fitted to power up 4 speakers and another amp for the sub. There was so much interference coming through the speakers I told the guy to put it back to standard. In addition the install was poor. The sub however worked fine however as I asked him to put it back to standard I just thought I would get a better quality fitter in to do the job properly.

Now I doubt very much my equipment was at fault for the interference and the wiring was new so I can only assume the interference was down to the Head Unit. Has anybody else done a similar install on a Dynavin and if so have you had this problem?

I am getting the amp for the sub rewired and was wondering if I am better off getting them to rewire it to the rear pre out from the head unit seeing as there seems to be no sub control on the head unit even though there is a sub pre out. Am I being stupid or is there actual no control from the head unit for this? And is there any advantage to using the sub pre out? Using the rear preout I can fade to the front to reduce the bass (back speakers are not as imporant to me anyway).

Thanks
I used an amp and connected to the pre-amp outputs, mine sounds as good as I think it can possibly sound. It will sound much better than trying to go thru the current HK/non-HK amp IMO. Ive had some (IMHO) some nice sound systems in my cars over the years, if you put a high quality amp, eq to control the bass output, you should be fine, then you leave the bass and treble flat on the head unit, leave loudness off, will sound great. Mine is a very clean sound w/o ant noise. I also used component speakers, mounted the amp where the HK subs were.

If the shop ran any of the cables on the right side of the car, the battery wire going from the trunk to the front is on the right side. On another E46, I had a crossover too close to the battery wire in the trunk, not thinking it was close at all but once i moved it all my noise went away.

I would go thru the pre-amp outputs, on mine I only ran the front pre-amps and ran that to a EQ, then ran 4 channels off that and a sub. One thing that came in VERY handy so I did not have to splice or wire-tap any wiring, check out the link below, technic on this site created an interface harness you can connect up once you unplug you amp, all the wires are labled, you dont have to use them all but much better than using wire-taps or cutting wires, you can easily return your car back to stock

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=793352

I have had the same trouble with bluetooth, but everything else works great, I have a version 5 installed right now.

Jeff can probably expand on how to connect using the other outputs, sounds like you had an amp driving another amp, therefore creating ALOT of noise, I maybe wrong but sounds like the problem

Old 12-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #934
jdlov3

My Ride: 320i
here comes the trouble xD

i've installed the dvn-e46 v6
now here comes the trouble
gps receives satillite info(confirmed it by cheking gps state option)
only my sd won't instal igo 8 or shows any of my folders on my sd to install my navigation heared from some1 put it into a folder called navigation then it should work tried still didn't work sec i've received a 3g usb wich i plugged into the gps usb wich should give me internet not working plugged it into the normal usb not working either plugged it into a lap top 3g usb installed itself and the laptop had inet so the 3g usb works any solutions to my nav and 3g usb
jdlov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #935
BimmerDoc

My Ride: E46 AWD, ///M Coupe
Send a message via AIM to BimmerDoc
What HVAC do I need

How do I determine what HVAC relocation I need to order?
BimmerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #936
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDoc View Post
How do I determine what HVAC relocation I need to order?
It's determined by looking, searching and reading
Old 12-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #937
skeptic286

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
It's determined by looking, searching and reading
skeptic286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #938
Qban32

My Ride: 03.5 M3
I havent done much research yet but does anyone know off hand if I can upgrade my software from my e46 V5 to the new android software?
Qban32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #939
EmbassyBlack

My Ride: 2001 330ci, 2011 Ram
iv been looking around the forums all day and cant seem to find what im looking for.
what im looking for: which micro SD cards will work with the D99 android. I bought a 32gig lexar high speed sdhc class 10. Doesnt work. I want the biggest size i can fit that will work with the unit. Another thing, do both SD slots work for the android side or is it just slot on the left?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #940
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
I use a 32gb sandisk in my android unit....works fine. Android only works on the slot on the left. You are not going to find any D99 specific info as only you and a couple other guys have them installed so far....they have only been out a for less than 2 weeks!

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote