E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #121
jeffb325

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledees View Post
This is great news!! Good job mass03, so you are using the rca's provided to plug this line level converter into? Which labeled plugs are you using...sorry novice at all this stereo talk. Thanks.
No, everything that has been done so far is using the speaker outputs, the discussion of using the RCAs is thoretical at this point (and unlikely!)
jeffb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #122
delmarco

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by mass03m3 View Post
Ok,
I have installed a line ouput converter(loc) on my Dynavin e46 headunit. And much to my suprise, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was waiting on the PAC oem2 in the mail and ran out of patience. I went down to my local installer and told him my situation and he gave me a 4 channel line level converter made by Neucleus(nc-sc400t). I would probably go with the PAC loc as it has adjustments for line level and the neucleus does not. It said in the Neucleus instructions that this unit is made for Harmon Kardon system. The best part is you can pick a loc up online for way under $50!!!

I no longer have hiss or radio interference in the background. This Definetely makes this dynavin sooo much better. I can also use other settings on the eq such as rock,pop,jazz etc. and I don't get any popping or hiss. It is a very simple install as you Just install it inline on your Dynavin harness speaker outputs. The worst part is you have more wires to shove into the dash.

Many thanks to jeff325 as he is the one who suggested the LOC!!!!
Thanks for the daytime pictures!

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #123
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
They have the dynavin 5m harness available at cardvdkit.com for trunk interface.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #124
jzwu

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330Cic
Who/what kind of factory setup needs this harness? I know Dynavin was working on it.
jzwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #125
BG in NJ

My Ride: 06 AW/Cinn M3 Cab.
Has anyone who has replaced their business CD HU with the Dynavin checked to see if their OBC still displays MPG, Distance to empty, etc?

Thanks,
BG in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #126
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG in NJ View Post
Has anyone who has replaced their business CD HU with the Dynavin checked to see if their OBC still displays MPG, Distance to empty, etc?

Thanks,
Yes it all works as before. I have not seen anything different at all.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #127
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzwu View Post
Who/what kind of factory setup needs this harness? I know Dynavin was working on it.
You need this 5m harness if you currently have the oem bmw navigation head unit and want to replace it with the e46 dynavin unit.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #128
fotoflojoe

My Ride: 2006 M3
Mine arrived a week ago, it's been sitting on my desk mocking me since then. Well, my HVAC relocation kit was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work, so off to install I went.
w00t!
Got the new bracket swapped out, and the Dynavin initially wired up in about 45 minutes - it's really not difficult. Biggest worry for me was removing the dash trim without cracking it.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who's posted in this thread with tips and tricks for setting up the unit properly. Nick, this means you!

First impression, I really like this thing. I don't seem to be getting any bleed through from the radio - at least none that I can hear. My phone was a little cranky when I paired it, but then, my phone always seems to be cranky. The "gee-whiz" feature for me is playing DVDs (got sucked into watching Wedding Crashers for about 20 minutes. ).

So far, the only thing I don't really like is the look of the nav software - iGo looks a little cheesy. But then, I always knew that I was gonna experiment with other GPS apps once I got the thing completely installed.

Before the Dynavin gets buttoned up, I need to install the backup camera; installing a Pioneer universal camera. Not really looking forward to that.
fotoflojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #129
BG in NJ

My Ride: 06 AW/Cinn M3 Cab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Yes it all works as before. I have not seen anything different at all.
Thanks......
Going to give it a try. Ordered from Euro-Spec
BG in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #130
doubledees

My Ride: 2005 M3 Jet Black
Does anyone know how to deactivate the safe mode on the DVD while driving so that it will still play? Mine will go on for a few seconds and will switch to a blue screen saying it is unsafe to watch while driving.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the transition phase say if I had the cd player on and i switch to navi screen, is there a way for the music to still be on while on another screen without pausing? It pauses for a while and then the music comes back on and is quite annoying.

Sorry if this has been discussed. thanks.
doubledees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #131
fotoflojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledees View Post
Does anyone know how to deactivate the safe mode on the DVD while driving so that it will still play? Mine will go on for a few seconds and will switch to a blue screen saying it is unsafe to watch while driving.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the transition phase say if I had the cd player on and i switch to navi screen, is there a way for the music to still be on while on another screen without pausing? It pauses for a while and then the music comes back on and is quite annoying.

Sorry if this has been discussed. thanks.
To deactivate DVD safe mode, simply ground the wire labeled "Parking". I just tapped it into the unit's power ground. Works great.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #132
fotoflojoe

Has anyone bothered to hook up an antenna to see what, if anything comes through in TV mode?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #133
damills

My Ride: 02 m3 06 m3ic,325cia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mass03m3 View Post
They have the dynavin 5m harness available at cardvdkit.com for trunk interface.
Looks like these units are the same, looked around on cardvdkit.com, found a VW model that looks if not identical very close to the dynavin unit, compare these 2 links

http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_vw.php

http://www.cardvdkit.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=134

Looks like there are others out there producing not standard headunits for Ford, Nissan and others, maybe there is a market out there and there is hope for us afterall , maybe dynavin is making units, decided to go on their own, who knows, comments?

Hope the links show up as I seen them but compare the VW units on both cardvdkit.com (v7204) and dynavin.com (dvn-vw)
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #134
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflojoe View Post
Has anyone bothered to hook up an antenna to see what, if anything comes through in TV mode?
I was going to ask the same thing. I know everything is digital now(in my area anyways). But, what would happen if I picked up one of these digital tv antennas(i'v only seen them made for home use) and hooked it to the Dynavin? Maybe put the antenna in the trunk. Does anyone think this would work?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #135
mass03m3

Ok, REgarding the navi, I have changed the loading IGO screen to the picture I want(silver M# with the Igo logo next to it). Does anyone know how to change the Pictures on the Startup screen(the one with the funky old green convertible,the music icon and the setup icon) and where they are located in the igo8.3 software?

thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #136
jeffb325

Im not saying it wont work and I havent ever tried it BUT digital tv requires a fairly stable signal and a moving vehicle does not provide a stable environment for that, I would think that it would work well stationary but moving is a whole other story.....somebody prove me wrong.

Last edited by jeffb325; 03-04-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #137
jeffb325

One question that I dont think has come up yet, for you guys who have successfully installed this thing and are using an ipod.....does the dynavin allow for control of the ipod from the ipod or does the ipod display the dreaded accessory connected screen. Perhaps it is selectable as many aftermarket stereos are? I posted this in the other thread as well but....well you know how the other thread is going.....
Old 03-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #138
steveje

My Ride: 04 330ci Convertible
Normally, you get the accessory connected screen. But I have messed around a few times trying to load video where it gave me back control to use the iPhone to select music. I haven't TRIED to do it on purpose, but I have done it a few times.
steveje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #139
damills

My Ride: 02 m3 06 m3ic,325cia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
No, everything that has been done so far is using the speaker outputs, the discussion of using the RCAs is thoretical at this point (and unlikely!)
Do you think in theory using aftermarket amp with the RCA outputs, do you think we will still have the bleed problem, know anyone who has done it? I thought about it but worked so much this week, have car apart, I cant seem to find time just to put it in and connect it up.

Do you know anywhere we can buy caps for the RCA plugs, anywhere on-line?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #140
jeffb325

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
Do you think in theory using aftermarket amp with the RCA outputs, do you think we will still have the bleed problem, know anyone who has done it? I thought about it but worked so much this week, have car apart, I cant seem to find time just to put it in and connect it up.

Do you know anywhere we can buy caps for the RCA plugs, anywhere on-line?
No, i dont think the problem will be present on the rca line outs (unless you turn the gain up to high). Everyone so far is all stock so no word on how it works with an amp. When i get my dynavin in a few weeks it will be going into an all aftermarket system so the question will be answered then but i hope somebody will so it sooner...

Just tape off the rcas, no need for caps, you just dont want them touching stuff they shouldnt be.

Last edited by jeffb325; 03-05-2010 at 12:02 AM.