E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
TiG3rBa7m

My Ride: looking
OBX pulleys

hey ppls trying to put on my OBX pulley kit. since the pulleys are alittle big should i go with a bigger belt or is the oem still the right now to go with.

91 240sx w/ RB20
TiG3rBa7m is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
khbiesfd

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Holy cheap junk batman. OBX makes terrible products. Not trying to bash but actually concerned with the well being of your car. They are not balanced and will seriously screw up your engine.
khbiesfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
TiG3rBa7m

ok lets get someone else here to answer my question... btw i used obx on a number of cars with problem

91 240sx w/ RB20
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
yes, you will need a longer belt. I'm surprised they didn't give you one with the pulleys.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
mrshelley

My Ride: 2004 330i
If you can't get a belt, you can always go to a NAPA and size out a longer one. If you can work with them, you can get three different lengths and try each one on. Once you find the one you like, return the other two. That's what I did since I run a stock water pump pulley but the other two (alt and PS) are larger ones. There was no set belt length but I finally figured it out.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
TiG3rBa7m

well i got the oem belt back on the car. took alittle more to get it on but i did and it seems to be running fine idk.

91 240sx w/ RB20
Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 PM   #7
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiG3rBa7m View Post
well i got the oem belt back on the car. took alittle more to get it on but i did and it seems to be running fine idk.
That very tight belt is putting undo load on all those bearings, yes it fits, but it's to tight.
Give Bimmerworld or Tuner a call, they both will sell you a new belt that was designed for
there pulleys, but should work just fine with yours. I would only run that tight belt for a
very short period of time.

Good luck,

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is online now   Reply With Quote