E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.45 average.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #2061
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Also, the two boys who went to the icu are now out and in normal rooms, speaking clearly, and recovering just as the doctors said they would.

This is also the second week in a row that a death of a student has been announced at monday assembly. Last week we got news that a graduate of the class of 2010 had passed due to terminal cancer she had been battling for the past years. I only found out later that the doctors had refused to continue her treatment some time ago.

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #2062
guerilla twang

My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Continuing the days of a phs student, today is a very wierd day.
=/
This is really unfortunate to hear. It's always sad when the young are taken away, but to play devil's advocate, I remember my high school days and safety wasn't exactly a No. 1 concern, yes they probably were being reckless, but it's still a tradgedy.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #2063
Bigjake

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
When I was in hs a kid tried a jackassstunt and now he's retarded
Bigjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #2064
Andy2108

Yeah none of them were all that bright of people to be honest. I know how dangerous vehicles like atvs and such can be. I might get one actually, but I agree, still a horrible accident.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #2065
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
^ wow....just wow.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #2066
the_curry_man

My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
im just fcvking pissed at people for being so damn racsists...grow up (sorry andy, no offense bro, im pretty sure ur smarter than 95% of your school, im just pissed)

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #2067
sg_wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_curry_man View Post
im just fcvking pissed at people for being so damn racsists...grow up (sorry andy, no offense bro, im pretty sure ur smarter than 95% of your school, im just pissed)
whoa, something must have been left out here. how does this tragedy have to do with your being pissed about folks' being racist?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #2068
the_curry_man

Well yes it's a tragedy but if you drive an atv with no protection...well the you're kinda asking for it...

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #2069
sg_wannabe

Quote:
Well yes it's a tragedy but if you drive an atv with no protection...well the you're kinda asking for it...
so, because they weren't wearing protection, it is any less of a tragedy?
just because one is "asking for it" as you put it, does not take away from how unfortunate the situation/result is.

and i am still lost on the how this ties into racism (in reference to one of your earlier posts)....
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #2070
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Wow, I've never made fun or called any names on this or any other forum but you are showing you age here Devak. Stop acting 16 and grow up. I just can't come up with anything else to say. I fell as if Andy were lucky that he doesn't come to meets and hear your un-educated bull sh1t.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #2071
Andy2108

Quote:
But how do you think any form of racism was involved?

For alot of kids it was like being at school with your friends and just knowing that that one guy want going to be there was enough to upset them. Today was a really hard day for some people to get through. The idea of a friend dieing is alot for 14-18 year olds to handle. And to add to that, some of the students at our school have known the deceased boy sense like kindergarten, so some of those friendships run pretty deep.

The injuries were (as announced by our principle) due to a large dust cloud with 0-visibility and I guess the 4 atv's weren't able to avoid each other. I would hate to have been a driver of one of those atvs that day....
Principle also mentioned all safety precautions were taken... but with the injuries I doubt they had helmets. One kid had a head bleed (or something like that, higher than a concussion. Internal bleeding of the brain), another girl has 8 staples for lacerations in her head.

I understand this isn't some huge major deal that should be on national news or something, that would be stupid. However, the next few days / weeks will be tough for some people at my school. Id also like to say that I don't think that this is a "bigger deal" at my school versus any other school for any reason.

Different people deal with the loss of a friend or acquaintance in different ways. I'm just going to be as respectful as I can to people and their feelings.

Last edited by Andy2108; 11-01-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #2072
the_curry_man

you guys dont get the point im trying to get across...as i stated earlier, death is bad, but in relevance to all the "tragedies" that happen across the world it has no significance....i just had a class where we talked about this kind of thing...is it a tragedy if someone lets say, knowingly, gets in a car and knowingly doesnt put their seatbelt on then dies? is it not his own fault for not putting a seat belt on even though he knows that it greatly increases their chance of death? same concept is applied here...plus if you really feel that bad about this "tragedy" why not donate some money to save one of the 30,000 kids that die each day due to lack of basic nessesities...for example show a news story of a dog gettng run over by a car, i garuntee at least someone will say "awwwwww", show a news story of a homeless man dying of frostbite? no one would say anything (how do i know this? because i did a survey myself) im not making uneducated bullsh!t, and
here is a video that should at least open someones eyes that has read this thread, and why i made the comment i did, and i still stand by it

as it states, on this pale blue dot, which is nothing compared to the rest of the universe, death is rampant, cant stop it...dont mingle over it..accept it...move on....
how bout this: over the summer, a girl at my school died...she was watching (bystander, innocent) a mud slinging contest, and a truck hit her and she was dead before she got to the hospital, and i wear a livestrong armband thingy everyday in memory of her even tho i never cared for her because she was innocently killed, but how can the same be true about kids who didnt wear protection even though they new they should have and even if u were to ask any of them that survived they would say it was a mistake to not wear a helmet...yes sad kid died, tragedy? no i admit, my some of the stuff i have said might come off as stupid (probably does now that i think about it) i had just gotten done discussing in a class about hypocracy and how there is too much of it.... but u wanted an educated response? well there it is,
i didnt make fun of andy, i simply stated that those kids got what they had coming...just forget about it and moveon..sorry if i offended anyone
PS. think about this http://www.globalissues.org/article/...ound-the-world before you buy your next modification to your car

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 11-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #2073
the_curry_man

the whole racism thing was because on another thread in the forum some people where making fun of indians...that just i guess popped the cork off the bottle

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #2074
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
It's not what you said it's how you said it. There's just no reason for it.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #2075
the_curry_man

ya ya ya i know, i deleted it. i admit that was kinda immature, but i have reasons for it ( as stated above)

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #2076
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Wow, I've never made fun or called any names on this or any other forum but you are showing you age here Devak. Stop acting 16 and grow up. I just can't come up with anything else to say. I fell as if Andy were lucky that he doesn't come to meets and hear your un-educated bull sh1t.
Hahahaha, like at the JC Penny garage
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #2077
20ducks

My Ride: E46 M3 Cabrio
I like cheese.
20ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #2078
the_curry_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
Hahahaha, like at the JC Penny garage
WTF u talking about

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #2079
Andy2108

Although I understand your argument for a wider range of awareness, and agree with it in some cases (especially mainstream media), why you would apply that logic to the shaken-up emotions of some kids due to the loss of a friend and then criticize them is beyond me.

Lets say we blow this way out of proportion. 15 year old little Timmy and his mother are out walking their dog one pleasant autumn night. Then, out of nowhere, a drunk driver comes flying around a corner and comes in contact with little Timmy's mom, and she is announced dead before they even get her to the hospital.

Would you go to the funeral and then ridicule little Timmy for crying about the death of his mother with your new found education? Stating that its really not that big a deal considering the tens of thousands of children that die every day due to easily prevented causes, and for him to be crying does nothing more than add evidence to your claim that he should be worrying more about the global "big picture." I would sure hope not.

You'd be better off not presumptuously accusing people of being stupid for not wearing the proper gear. The accident could have been caused by a lack of education of how to safely operate an atv - we just dont know.

Challenging peoples emotions against your education is risky business. If the person is emotionally unstable (and understandably due to a loss) they could easily turn on you to take their anger out on or whatever.

Not completely sure what significance your mention of hypocrisy added, but you did spell the word wrong.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. " -Albert Einstein

EDIT: And I just ordered some of these

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....MAXA&tab=Tests

Last edited by Andy2108; 11-02-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #2080
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
WTF u talking about
You telling brad what he did with his interior (Sparco seats and cage) was stupid... Saying its not what the ladies like...
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku