E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.45 average.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #2081
the_curry_man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 620
My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Although I understand your argument for a wider range of awareness, and agree with it in some cases (especially mainstream media), why you would apply that logic to the shaken-up emotions of some kids due to the loss of a friend and then criticize them is beyond me.

Lets say we blow this way out of proportion. 15 year old little Timmy and his mother are out walking their dog one pleasant autumn night. Then, out of nowhere, a drunk driver comes flying around a corner and comes in contact with little Timmy's mom, and she is announced dead before they even get her to the hospital.

Would you go to the funeral and then ridicule little Timmy for crying about the death of his mother with your new found education? Stating that its really not that big a deal considering the tens of thousands of children that die every day due to easily prevented causes, and for him to be crying does nothing more than add evidence to your claim that he should be worrying more about the global "big picture." I would sure hope not.

You'd be better off not presumptuously accusing people of being stupid for not wearing the proper gear. The accident could have been caused by a lack of education of how to safely operate an atv - we just dont know.

Challenging peoples emotions against your education is risky business. If the person is emotionally unstable (and understandably due to a loss) they could easily turn on you to take their anger out on or whatever.

Not completely sure what significance your mention of hypocrisy added, but you did spell the word wrong.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. " -Albert Einstein

EDIT: And I just ordered some of these

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....MAXA&tab=Tests
I'll just have to explain my point in person because it's hard to do over text. I'm not making fun of anyone but I sure as hell am not comparing emotions to education. And I didnt learn this stuff over one class. I said what I said over a basis of information I have acquired throughout my lifetime. I never said it was wrong for friends of the kids to be sad... And as for little Timmy? I would not ridicule him for being sad, only a douche would do that, but I would try to help him not dwell on it, death is a big deal, occurs in every aspect of our lives and the last thing Timmy needs is to be depressed his mom died, I wouldnt tell timmy to suck it up, but I would say that yes it's sad your mom died, I would be too, but by siting around depressed it's not going to help anyone and only make Timmy feel worse so he should understand that what's happened, happened and now he needs to move on and do good things in remembrance for his mom. You may think this is terrible but I believe in kharma, the principle that every action (good or bad) will have an equal yet opposite reaction (good or bad). So yeah if something bad happens to someone it's because they themselves have done something bad and it is simply catching up to them...and yeah sorry I spelled hypocrisy wrong, that wasn't the the first thing on my mind
__________________

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #2082
the_curry_man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 620
My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
You telling brad what he did with his interior (Sparco seats and cage) was stupid... Saying its not what the ladies like...
I didn't say it was stupid I said I would never do it because, and I quote from that guy at the races a few weeks ago when I saw that old civic that had a turbo but no hood, " I'd rather have a car and a girl is gonna like a car that has 120hp that looks really comfortable rather than a 1000hp civic that looks like it's about to fall apart because at the end of the day you can Fvck a car but u can a girl". But seeing as how brad only plans on tracking the car it wouldn't matter what the inside looked
__________________

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #2083
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_curry_man View Post
I didn't say it was stupid I said I would never do it because, and I quote from that guy at the races a few weeks ago when I saw that old civic that had a turbo but no hood, " I'd rather have a car and a girl is gonna like a car that has 120hp that looks really comfortable rather than a 1000hp civic that looks like it's about to fall apart because at the end of the day you can Fvck a car but u can a girl". But seeing as how brad only plans on tracking the car it wouldn't matter what the inside looked
I havn't wasted my time reading anything more than 4 lines... But I did read this. I didn't buy a car because I wanted the girls to "dig" it. I mod my car because I love to drive, fvck what other people think about it. Driving is the funnest thing I have yet to do in my entire life, and I have only hit the tip of the iceberg.


Why can't we all get along

ONLY THIS CAN SAVE MY THREAD: http://trololololololololololo.com/
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #2084
Bigjake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Topeka ks
Posts: 1,401
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Ladies Like Cool Jake in thier interior!!!!!
Bigjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #2085
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,038
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
I havn't wasted my time reading anything more than 4 lines... But I did read this. I didn't buy a car because I wanted the girls to "dig" it. I mod my car because I love to drive, fvck what other people think about it. Driving is the funnest thing I have yet to do in my entire life, and I have only hit the tip of the iceberg.


Why can't we all get along

ONLY THIS CAN SAVE MY THREAD: http://trololololololololololo.com/
This is moar fun than driving. 255 hp in something that weighs 800 lbs... 0-50 in 2.9 sec

__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 AM   #2086
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare.htm

lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:55 AM   #2087
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,038
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
those mods
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:13 AM   #2088
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
those mods
what modifications?
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #2089
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,038
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
what modifications?
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #2090
the_curry_man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 620
My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
I havn't wasted my time reading anything more than 4 lines... But I did read this. I didn't buy a car because I wanted the girls to "dig" it. I mod my car because I love to drive, fvck what other people think about it. Driving is the funnest thing I have yet to do in my entire life, and I have only hit the tip of the iceberg.


Why can't we all get along

ONLY THIS CAN SAVE MY THREAD: http://trololololololololololo.com/
Hey I bought my car
To mod too, Hell it even came with purple headlights and "lowering" springs...
__________________

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #2091
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
...
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #2092
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #2093
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
I like you sig, you mind if I copy.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #2094
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I like you sig, you mind if I copy.
Sure dude.
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #2095
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Sure dude.
Thanks. What size font is it?
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #2096
Bigjake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Topeka ks
Posts: 1,401
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Do we have a sig maker in the house?
Bigjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #2097
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Thanks. What size font is it?
3, i think.
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #2098
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjake View Post
Do we have a sig maker in the house?
Ah, it's just the GRUPPE TITAN designation. It has to be in a certain format though. Font size - 3, Times new roman, Then "GRUPPE TITAN Midwest"
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #2099
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
This is moar fun than driving. 255 hp in something that weighs 800 lbs... 0-50 in 2.9 sec

I'm sorry but that's quite an embarrassing 0-_ time for something that only weighs 800lbs.

The P-car 997 does 0-60 in 2.7
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #2100
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I meant that there were no modifications on those cars ...
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use