E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #2221
CokMinusTheS54

My Ride: '01 TiAg 325Ci 5mt
That truck disgusts me.

Ironically my brother is on his way to pick up an iPad from a guy in Overland Park off craigslist as I type this. I'll let you know what he thinks about it.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #2222
the_curry_man

My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
So I bought that rear bumper about a week ago, I haven't heard from him since the 30th of october... He hasn't logged on since then either...

He has good feedback though so what should I do? File a dispute or what?
Just file the dispute and if he responds and all goes well then cancel the dispute but if he doesn't respond just get your money back...that's all u really can do

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #2223
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Can't use outside laptops at work or I would. And I already have a laptop, and a desktop.
What do you need to do with the device?

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #2224
guerilla twang

My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
What do you need to do with the device?
Our VP of Retail is eliminating paper/hard-back books as an option to have at work with us; apparently it's 'unprofessional' which I don't necessarily agree with, but I understand the reasoning. eReaders and iPads are acceptable but I don't want to waste my money on something like a nook or a kindle which is so limited in functionality. I'm not impressed with the android tablets, I had an evo and the user interface was unpleasant IMO. So I figure I can just start reading/browsing/kind of working on the iPad, it seems like the best option at this point. Realize that I work at a bank, but we are an incredibly slow branch so sometimes I can have hour long gaps with absolutely nothing to do.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #2225
Andy2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Our VP of Retail is eliminating paper/hard-back books as an option to have at work with us; apparently it's 'unprofessional' which I don't necessarily agree with, but I understand the reasoning. eReaders and iPads are acceptable but I don't want to waste my money on something like a nook or a kindle which is so limited in functionality. I'm not impressed with the android tablets, I had an evo and the user interface was unpleasant IMO. So I figure I can just start reading/browsing/kind of working on the iPad, it seems like the best option at this point. Realize that I work at a bank, but we are an incredibly slow branch so sometimes I can have hour long gaps with absolutely nothing to do.
Wow, that is very strange. Although I could never approve of the purchase of an apple product after the experience of owning an iphone, I can respect your reasoning for going with an iPad.

Otherwise, I have no personal experience of owning an iPad.

(by default, I have to argue against Apple. Im a hater ) If you already have a computer, phone, ipod, or any idevice, then there is no reason for you to buy an iPad. The cheapest iPad avilible is the 16GB non-3g version at $500. For only $189 you can get the purpose-built Amazon Kindle with free 3G and wifi. The Kindle has a much better screen for reading and (I think) a better market place. Oh yeah, and the battery on the kindle is rediclous compaired the the iPad. (30 days with amazon, 7 hours with ipad)

Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #2226
the_curry_man

My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Wow, that is very strange. Although I could never approve of the purchase of an apple product after the experience of owning an iphone, I can respect your reasoning for going with an iPad.

Otherwise, I have no personal experience of owning an iPad.

(by default, I have to argue against Apple. Im a hater ) If you already have a computer, phone, ipod, or any idevice, then there is no reason for you to buy an iPad. The cheapest iPad avilible is the 16GB non-3g version at $500. For only $189 you can get the purpose-built Amazon Kindle with free 3G and wifi. The Kindle has a much better screen for reading and (I think) a better market place. Oh yeah, and the battery on the kindle is rediclous compaired the the iPad. (30 days with amazon, 7 hours with ipad)
apple makes good products and software, its just wayyy to overpriced....if apple had a $500 laptop (which they verry well could do) apple would be making unimaginable amounts of money...windows 7 is the best so far but its still not as good as OSX when it comes to stability and performance

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #2227
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Ummmmm sooo

WTF

happened to Jay? Where has he been
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #2228
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
Quote:
Ummmmm sooo

WTF

on gt
Old 11-09-2010, 02:18 AM   #2229
Andy2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg_wannabe View Post
on gt
um...

Old 11-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #2230
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Ummmmm sooo

WTF

I've been busy with work and school. Having a lot of issues with my car also. My brake light keeps coming on and off and my brake fluid is full. Been planning a snowboarding trip. I'll be leaving a few days before x mas won't be back for a few weeks. I have a massive oil leak somewhere. Took a huge hit on my oil pan leaving a church parking lot the other day(thinking this has something to do with the oil leak). clutch is slipping from the oil leaking onto the flywheel. Losing like almost a quart a week. I'm gonna replace my oil pan gasket hoping that will fix it. I've powdered up my motor twice now to try to see where it's coming from just too much oil. When i drop the pan I'll check the rear main. Need to swap out a squeaky pulley, going to test out some new software that my buddy picked up from SEMA. I'm about to stop working till march, i think this might be my last week. So I'm putting in a ton of hours. Anyhow wtf have you guys been up to!?!?! Also anyone know any software that allows you to delete the secondary air pump? trying to get that thing off my car without and CEL.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #2231
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Andy - try gruppetitan.org/forums/

Jay - No help on the software and sorry to hear about the troubles.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #2232
glass330

My Ride: 323ci to 01 330i
hey supra who did your rtab? do you know anyone local who has the tool? have you done your subframe bushes yet?
glass330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #2233
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass330 View Post
hey supra who did your rtab? do you know anyone local who has the tool? have you done your subframe bushes yet?
We actually didn't finish, I'm helping him again this afternoon. Sly1types has the tool (which I borrowed) but he is very picky about who he lets borrow it.

I believe that Sly1types and I are the only ones that I know of in this area that have replaced our subframe bushings. I did mine myself and Sly1 had AutoTech a local indy shop do the work.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #2234
lllSupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass330 View Post
No plans for the subframe bushings yet.

Why don't you ever post on here?

You got any mods? You need to hit up some meets!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #2235
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
No plans for the subframe bushings yet.

Why don't you ever post on here?

You got any mods? You need to hit up some meets!
Why are you on here and not working on getting your car up in the air.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #2236
lllSupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Why are you on here and not working on getting your car up in the air.
i gotta get my bro from school at 2:50, it will only take me 30min to get it all taken apart.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #2237
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
i gotta get my bro from school at 2:50, it will only take me 30min to get it all taken apart.
Alright, see ya later.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #2238
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Anyone willing to chime in on a few things??? Negative positive i need all perspectives. I've been doing some research on F/I for non m's. I'm sure jacob has too. So far this is what I've come up with. Without a built motor you have to go with e85 for good power. Also it's much cheaper than race gas ($6.xx compared to $2.xx) I've been talking with this guy about a manifold.... http://www.666fabrication.com/e36topmount.html I realize this is for e36's (will touch on a little later) however he will make an m54 manifold. IMO he does the best manifolds for bmws period, besides Oleg. (without saying HPF has a cnc machined manifold... i can't afford that) Thinking about a top mount in case I ever want to do something crazy. Going with a hybrid turbo that will produce max boost around 2.5 to 3k rpm here is the turbo I'm considering. http://www.turboneticsinc.com/t3-t4b_turbochargers I have been looking into the gt30. Any comments/questions/concerns on the turbo? or on the gt30? As everyone else is.. I'm working on the tuning, the same shop that made my tranny mount adrenaline xxx dot com. is willing to give it a go. They will also do most of the piping. As long as I can get a piggy back that they can use with software they are familiar with. (Ignore the tuning issues, I realize this is directly related to the turbo/transmission ratios/gear ratios.) Hardest part of tuning a good system is being able to create max power as you shift and holding max boost into the next gear. You never want to wait on the power it all needs to be very linear) What do you guys think about the hardware so far? I plan on a new fuel pump/system. I refuse to post in the F/I forum.. they are just consumed by the sponsors. (end m54 route) I've also been kicking around the idea of doing an m50 swap (single vanos) M50's are cheap you can get an m50 and most of the hardware for your turbo for under 5k. Start the I can't confirm or deny that I will do either of these in the future. Just trying to get some input. Also Ryan/Jacob can you pm me about camber plates? I've been looking at the http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...DUCT_ID=192416 Hoping you guys can help me out. BE GENTLE!!! sry bout the whole page post Thanks guys!!!
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #2239
mgremillion09

My Ride: 2002 LSB M3
Dead on here now...
mgremillion09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #2240
Andy2108

AA does superchargers too. Im not to versed in FI on e46 non-m's as I never see myself doing it.

PM PEI330ci, M54B30 is that man's life...

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku