E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #3081
20ducks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Posts: 539
My Ride: E46 M3 Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Sorry left my computer at work all weekend. Greg and I (actually all Greg) wrapped the dashboard trim in alcantara to match my shift boot/knob and e-brake boot. The only problem is my new center console is on back order and all the new alcantara pieces just bring out the shittyness of my center console. I'll post pictures when I can.
Greg = 20ducks

I was hesitant at first, however, once I got the first piece wrapped it looked stunning. Even the center piece (the one with the window controls) looks outstanding. I can't wait to see the pics of them installed, bro!!
20ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #3082
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20ducks View Post
Greg = 20ducks

I was hesitant at first, however, once I got the first piece wrapped it looked stunning. Even the center piece (the one with the window controls) looks outstanding. I can't wait to see the pics of them installed, bro!!
I'll probably wait till I get the new console and steering wheel before I post any pictures.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #3083
20ducks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Posts: 539
My Ride: E46 M3 Cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I'll probably wait till I get the new console and steering wheel before I post any pictures.


Pics or ban!!
20ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #3084
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20ducks View Post
Pics or ban!!
I'll try and dig out my camera.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #3085
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Got my headers on. Will whine about car problems tomorow.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #3086
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Got my headers on. Will whine about car problems tomorow.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp
LOLLLLLL, can't wait to here these.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #3087
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
I was going to make a threalater, but ill just summerize for you.

The headers were too short to fully reach one side of the stock exahust and I could only get one bolt in. Needless to say I've learned that I will not be putting exahust dumps directly behind the headers. I had to drive home 45 mins with a 1cm gap...

Couldn't fit either of the post cat O2 sensors so those are in my trunk. Couldn't fit both caps on the headers so only one bung actually has anything in it. Ordered O2 sims last night.

Wasn't running well. The last 60% of the throttle felt like no change from 40%. Ideling rough, but not stalling.

Now thowing multiple codes for:
Running lean on bank 1 and 2
Crank case ventalation
No O2 sensors (duh)
Misfires on cylinders 5 and 6 I think

And the best one: I can't read any codes with my peake tool because it doesn't want to start!

On a side note brad, is there anywhere in town where I could buy motul 600 brake fluid? The cobra needs the brakes to be blead...
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #3088
the_curry_man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 620
My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I was going to make a threalater, but ill just summerize for you.

The headers were too short to fully reach one side of the stock exahust and I could only get one bolt in. Needless to say I've learned that I will not be putting exahust dumps directly behind the headers. I had to drive home 45 mins with a 1cm gap...

Couldn't fit either of the post cat O2 sensors so those are in my trunk. Couldn't fit both caps on the headers so only one bung actually has anything in it. Ordered O2 sims last night.

Wasn't running well. The last 60% of the throttle felt like no change from 40%. Ideling rough, but not stalling.

Now thowing multiple codes for:
Running lean on bank 1 and 2
Crank case ventalation
No O2 sensors (duh)
Misfires on cylinders 5 and 6 I think

And the best one: I can't read any codes with my peake tool because it doesn't want to start!

On a side note brad, is there anywhere in town where I could buy motul 600 brake fluid? The cobra needs the brakes to be blead...
Ive only got the code for running lean bank 1 and bank 2. U should connect the post cat o2 sensors and desire to engine bay, which is what I did, one the headers is shorter u have to force it in there,

My throttle has been like that for a while now since I did headers, 40% feels like last 60%. No misfires however....for the o2 bunges you should have left those on before u did installed them. Good thing u got the o2 sims.....tell me how things go!
__________________

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #3089
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I was going to make a threalater, but ill just summerize for you.

The headers were too short to fully reach one side of the stock exahust and I could only get one bolt in. Needless to say I've learned that I will not be putting exahust dumps directly behind the headers. I had to drive home 45 mins with a 1cm gap...

Couldn't fit either of the post cat O2 sensors so those are in my trunk. Couldn't fit both caps on the headers so only one bung actually has anything in it. Ordered O2 sims last night.

Wasn't running well. The last 60% of the throttle felt like no change from 40%. Ideling rough, but not stalling.

Now thowing multiple codes for:
Running lean on bank 1 and 2
Crank case ventalation
No O2 sensors (duh)
Misfires on cylinders 5 and 6 I think

And the best one: I can't read any codes with my peake tool because it doesn't want to start!

On a side note brad, is there anywhere in town where I could buy motul 600 brake fluid? The cobra needs the brakes to be blead...
This is why when it comes to headers I will save until I can buy a good set, Supersprint preferably.

As far as the motul goes, I've never been able to find any. I believe Cafe Racer in KC used to carry it but last I heard they stopped. Is motul 600 what is already in the car?
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #3090
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Between my generic reader and my peake tool, I'm throwing 20 codes :facepalmm:

I didn't mess with a lot of this stuff though :scratchhead:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp

Edit: may be the battery, will determine later.
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:24 AM   #3091
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_curry_man View Post
Holy ****. One whole day without someone posting on the thread! WTF is going on?!?
Don't worry, I am back now.
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #3092
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
This is why when it comes to headers I will save until I can buy a good set, Supersprint preferably.

As far as the motul goes, I've never been able to find any. I believe Cafe Racer in KC used to carry it but last I heard they stopped. Is motul 600 what is already in the car?
Same here. I want the active autowerke headers and software.
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #3093
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
Same here. I want the active autowerke headers and software.
Any Puerto Rico bikini pics of the sis?
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #3094
guerilla twang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 1,325
My Ride: e90 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Any Puerto Rico bikini pics of the sis?
^the only worthwhile post in this thread since X-Mas. Lol.

To Devak and Andy, next time you should probably just pay someone who knows what they're doing to put extensive modifications on.

They would've had the tools to correct what you had to just "let hang".
__________________
guerilla twang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #3095
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
^the only worthwhile post in this thread since X-Mas. Lol.

To Devak and Andy, next time you should probably just pay someone who knows what they're doing to put extensive modifications on.

They would've had the tools to correct what you had to just "let hang".
Wut?

Only thing that will need attention is the exahust. It needs to be extended about 1cm on one side. Quick muffler shop visit.

In other news: it started! ...once

Going to get the battery checked after lunch, even though iits been on the charger for like 16 hours



Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #3096
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Wut?

Only thing that will need attention is the exahust. It needs to be extended about 1cm on one side. Quick muffler shop visit.

In other news: it started! ...once

Going to get the battery checked after lunch, even though iits been on the charger for like 16 hours



Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp
Its strange you are having all of these problems... Could it be bad spark plugs .

On devaks car we stacked up like 4 exhaust gaskets to fill the gap on the exhaust, I dont know if he ever got it fixed the right way or not.
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #3097
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Any Puerto Rico bikini pics of the sis?
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #3098
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
Its strange you are having all of these problems... Could it be bad spark plugs .

On devaks car we stacked up like 4 exhaust gaskets to fill the gap on the exhaust, I dont know if he ever got it fixed the right way or not.
I doubt its the plugs. They are only about 1.5 years old. We replaced them at Inspection II at Baron when we first got the car and they probably only have about 4k miles on them. Their ///M plugs too

We thought about stacking gaskets and doing gasket maker stuff, but I decided Id just get it welded up properly.

Im going to go and try banging on the starter... now where is the starter?? (I know its on the flywheel, but other than that...)

Sometimes it will just click, sometimes there will be no sound, but the oil light always goes off when the key goes to position 3. This means low oil pressure according to the manual, but I doubt thats the problem.
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.

Last edited by Andy2108; 12-29-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #3099
lllSupra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,530
My Ride: E46 330i
Me and jacob replaced the starter in his car. I think its easier to access through the bottom if you are planning on hitting it. You will have to jack the car up and remove a lot of things to get to it. Search around for a diy on how to replace it.
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #3100
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,039
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
its already up. this is how it sits.



when was the last time you saw a car on jacks in a driveway in mission hills? lol

Seems like its the starter or solenoid. Could they be damaged by not grounding the engine to the frame?
__________________


De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use