E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.30 average.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #4961
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Someone should donate a CCA sticker to me.

I have a ton (being membership chair) but like Andy said, you need to become a member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Become a member. Its only like $20 and its the only way to get a sticker iirc

I need to get me some jlevisw, turner, and gfp stickers.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp
It's 46.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #4962
///Mspired

My Ride: BMW
i have a sticker
///Mspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #4963
guerilla twang

My Ride: e90 330i
I'll consider joining. The benefits are negligible IMO.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #4964
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
I'll consider joining. The benefits are negligible IMO.
46 bucks a year for 10-15% off parts and labor at baron. I do all my work myself but there are still some parts I can only get at baron.

Roundel monthly magazine alone is more than worth the 46 bucks.

Not to mention the 4+ tech days we do where you have access to a lift and guys that have been working on BMW's for 30+ years.

You have to be a CCA member to do BMW, porche, or merc DE's.

Primier members get the following.

Towing - Provided for up to 25 miles at no charge to member. Additional mileage is the responsibility of the member and will be negotiated prior to sending out service. Includes vehicle extrication and winching.

Emergency Road Service - Any available contracted road service that is needed to get your vehicle running (i.e. hose replacement or tightening of cables or belts etc.).

Essential Fluids or Supplies Delivery - Including gasoline, water, oil, or any supplies necessary to send a member's car on its way. Member is responsible for actual cost of fluid or supplies requested.

Flat Tire Changes or Repairs - Includes changing a flat tire with your good spare or plugging a punctured tire.

Emergency Battery Service - Includes tightening or cleaning of cables, jumpstarts, minor adjustments to alternator, etc.

Lockout Services - For help with lost keys, broken keys, or accidental lock-out of your vehicle. Includes locksmith assistance.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #4965
guerilla twang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
46 bucks a year for 10-15% off parts and labor at baron. I do all my work myself but there are still some parts I can only get at baron.

Roundel monthly magazine alone is more than worth the 46 bucks.

Not to mention the 4+ tech days we do where you have access to a lift and guys that have been working on BMW's for 30+ years.

You have to be a CCA member to do BMW, porche, or merc DE's. .
These are alright, Tischer BMW out of NE sells their parts for far less than 10% off of Baron's exorbitant rates. Getting 10% off labor, now that's a bit better.

Tech sess. yea, DE's, yea good points on those.

Quote:
Primier members get the following.

Towing - Provided for up to 25 miles at no charge to member. Additional mileage is the responsibility of the member and will be negotiated prior to sending out service. Includes vehicle extrication and winching.

Emergency Road Service - Any available contracted road service that is needed to get your vehicle running (i.e. hose replacement or tightening of cables or belts etc.).

Essential Fluids or Supplies Delivery - Including gasoline, water, oil, or any supplies necessary to send a member's car on its way. Member is responsible for actual cost of fluid or supplies requested.

Flat Tire Changes or Repairs - Includes changing a flat tire with your good spare or plugging a punctured tire.

Emergency Battery Service - Includes tightening or cleaning of cables, jumpstarts, minor adjustments to alternator, etc.

Lockout Services - For help with lost keys, broken keys, or accidental lock-out of your vehicle. Includes locksmith assistance.
I'm not seeing a single thing on this that isn't covered under the umbrella of my CPO BMW "assist" which is free, for two more years..

I'll consider it this summer for the tech and the DE's, but other than that it doesn't seem as worth it.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #4966
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
These are alright, Tischer BMW out of NE sells their parts for far less than 10% off of Baron's exorbitant rates. Getting 10% off labor, now that's a bit better.

Tech sess. yea, DE's, yea good points on those.

I'm not seeing a single thing on this that isn't covered under the umbrella of my CPO BMW "assist" which is free, for two more years..

I'll consider it this summer for the tech and the DE's, but other than that it doesn't seem as worth it.
I guess since I get most my parts else where and do all my own work I don't get anything from it either except the magazine. It is more of a BMW enthusiest community that I support.

Most if not all of you have not been to a single CCA event or gathering so I don't expect you to understand. This is why not only the BMW CCA is strugling but all major car clubs.

Soon we will be stuck to parking garage nothings.

I guess I look at it this way, without our members the CCA wouldn't be able to put on DE's, Car control clinics, street survivals, harvesters events, tech sessions, panera get-togethers, etc, and etc. A 5 year old mowing lawns for his dad can afford 46 bucks a year.

Last edited by PerkM3; 02-14-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #4967
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Hafkemeyer will also honor the bmw cca discount

I should have used that bmw cca towing feature...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmerapp

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #4968
guerilla twang

Quote:
I guess since I get most my parts else where and do all my own work I don't get anything from it either except the magazine. It is more of a BMW enthusiest community that I support.

Most if not all of you have not been to a single CCA event or gathering so I don't expect you to understand. This is why not only the BMW CCA is strugling but all major car clubs.

Soon we will be stuck to parking garage nothings.

I guess I look at it this way, without our members the CCA wouldn't be able to put on DE's, Car control clinics, street survivals, harvesters events, tech sessions, panera get-togethers, etc, and etc. A 5 year old mowing lawns for his dad can afford 46 bucks a year.

Ok ok calm down. You being Membership chair and all I couldn't just let you get away with an easy sell. I had to make you work for it.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #4969
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:

Ok ok calm down. You being Membership chair and all I couldn't just let you get away with an easy sell. I had to make you work for it.
I wasn't upset and that wasn't intended for only you. I gave up trying to recruit the guys on this forum long ago.

I just think it's funny when everyone *****es about how there are never any meets or events goin on around here when there are tons every month. The BMW club is actually putting on a Sadler's karting day on the 26th of this month.

The idea of parking garages and highway cruises is fun but not twice a month.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #4970
the_curry_man

My Ride: 2001 330i 5spd ZSP!!
Hey Andy whats the wiring for headers supposed to be like?

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
UUC Stage 2 Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
UUC Performance Organic Clutch
Magnaflow Muffler
the_curry_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #4971
the_curry_man

Sorry for double post but I have a 5 day weekend this weekend, so I'm thinking a get together? Ryan u wanna fix he VCG on Ur car and help me do mine too? And help with Ccv?

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #4972
guerilla twang

Quote:
I wasn't upset and that wasn't intended for only you. I gave up trying to recruit the guys on this forum long ago.

I just think it's funny when everyone *****es about how there are never any meets or events goin on around here when there are tons every month. The BMW club is actually putting on a Sadler's karting day on the 26th of this month.

The idea of parking garages and highway cruises is fun but not twice a month.
We'll see how this summer ends up.. Could be gold, could...go...south.

I'll probably end up joining. Lots of the meets are nil to me though because of my work schedule..
Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #4973
Bigjake

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
I'm off tomorow, meeting jay in kc for my trans, let's have a minimeet!!
Bigjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #4974
Andy2108

My car officially smells like a lawnmower today. But sounds pretty good.

Is stock suspension supposed to be tucking in the rear. My shocks are completely shot

Ill get the wiring for you devak, I just want to check my car first before I post. I have O2simulator.net or whatever simulators.

I CANT WAIT untill I get to take these winter tires off / get new suspention. Im going to put my dad up to making a decisition, either we actually look at M3's or Im just going to continue with this car. Hopefully he feels bad, considering he did wreck this car this summer

http://www.carfaxonline.com/cfm/Disp...bd53464pd96859

Jacob, seriously, how much of a difference is there between your 325's handling and your M3's handling. I know your M has springs...

Last edited by Andy2108; 02-14-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #4975
Andy2108

OK, because you're only the 20th person to ask about how I did my O2 sims and ebay headers this week, I made a video. Should clear things up. Will take a while to upload though. 1080p comes at a price.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #4976
the_curry_man

Quote:
OK, because you're only the 20th person to ask about how I did my O2 sims and ebay headers this week, I made a video. Should clear things up. Will take a while to upload though. 1080p comes at a price.
lol damn! thanks man really appretiate it!

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 02-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #4977
Andy2108

Basically,

Wiring guide: (from O2 sensor to car)
Red----positive jumping terminal (+ power)
White---Black (signal 1)
White---Black (signal 2)
Black---2x Grey (- power)

70%

Last edited by Andy2108; 02-14-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #4978
///Mspired

My Ride: BMW
[QUOTE=Jacob, seriously, how much of a difference is there between your 325's handling and your M3's handling. I know your M has springs...[/QUOTE]

A big difference, its got different sways, suspension, diff, and its wider. I really can't wait until some track time to see how well my 330i compares to his, I honestly think that once I get my new wheels setup i should be able to hold turns just like him if not better.
///Mspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #4979
the_curry_man

Quote:
Basically,

Wiring guide: (from O2 sensor to car)
Red----positive jumping terminal (+ power)
White---Black (signal 1)
White---Black (signal 2)
Black---2x Grey (- power)

70%
yeah i know but im not good with electrical things...better at mechanical things

Ebay Headers
Dinan Cold air intake
Orion V2 angel eyes
18' tsw rims
clears all around
weighted shift knob
CSL Front bumper
Red sharpie mod
Strut Bar
M3 lip spoiler
Magnaflow Muffler
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #4980
Andy2108

Cut strip crimp. More reliable than soldering and easily removable / reversible.

82%

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku