E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM   #821
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
Fixed my wheel gap
Find your fat chick?

If not, then what did you do?

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #822
sly1types

My Ride: M3
Send a message via MSN to sly1types
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjake View Post
Can I test fit them?
Yes, When is the next time you are coming into KC? You can stop by my house and we can test them.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #823
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Find your fat chick?

If not, then what did you do?
Turns out I didn't have the brake assembly up the shock all the way so it was pushing my car up more... I should of used a DIY lol, never done this myself before...

None the less, it handles like a dream now . Next is some new rubber and some sways then i'm sure I'll find something else! Myabe some more Dinan parts so I can have a DINAN 3 .
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #824
lllSupra

Yo Brad you think we should organize a little meet/cruise at the parking garage on 135th metcalf?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #825
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Yo Brad you think we should organize a little meet/cruise at the parking garage on 135th metcalf?
You know I'm always down. I'm putting the track pads in and some new Nittos labor day weekend we will have to go heat them up in the twisties by your place.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #826
CokMinusTheS54

My Ride: '01 TiAg 325Ci 5mt
I'd be down sometime.

Hey Brad, I wanna ask you about some car detailing advise using Zaino. I want to do kinda what you did, clean it up all nice and good and apply whatever I need to in order to preserve and keep the car easy to clean. So how should I first get started with Zaino, which products would you recommend for a beginner? Should I wash then clay bar then Z-2?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #827
Bigjake

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
I'm down for a meet
Bigjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #828
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokMinusTheS54 View Post
I'd be down sometime.

Hey Brad, I wanna ask you about some car detailing advise using Zaino. I want to do kinda what you did, clean it up all nice and good and apply whatever I need to in order to preserve and keep the car easy to clean. So how should I first get started with Zaino, which products would you recommend for a beginner? Should I wash then clay bar then Z-2?
It depends on what kind of shape your car is in and what type of look you want out of it. Do you have a ton of swirl marks, do you want it to look shiny, wet, deep, etc.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #829
Bigjake

Whenmight this meet be?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #830
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjake View Post
Whenmight this meet be?
I don't know, it was ryan's idea. I know that I'm at the lake this weekend, track prepping the M next weekend, and at the track the weekend after that.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #831
Bigjake

Well I was thinking fri or sat
Old 08-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #832
lllSupra

Labor day weekend? I think jacob will be in town as well

I will need some new pads fo sho if we hit up those twisties. My pads are shot... the last time I hit that up my brakes started giving out

Should I get some stop-tech slotted rotors and performance pads

or

turner sway bars and stop-tech performance pads?

Last edited by lllSupra; 08-25-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #833
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Labor day weekend? I think jacob will be in town as well

I will need some new pads fo sho if we hit up those twisties. My pads are shot... the last time I hit that up my brakes started giving out

Should I get some stop-tech slotted rotors and performance pads

or

turner sway bars and stop-tech performance pads?

I can do labor day weekend, I just might not have the car off the jack stands.

Brakes or sways is a tough one. Honestly the OEM blanks are very good rotors especially for a street car. If you want to upgrade your brakes get stainless lines, better fluid (I run Motul RBF 600), and some more aggresive pads. PFC Z rated pads are more aggresive than OEM and low dust. Pair that with new OEM blank rotors and that would be a very good street brake set up. Shouldn't be to expensive either.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #834
lllSupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I can do labor day weekend, I just might not have the car off the jack stands.

Brakes or sways is a tough one. Honestly the OEM blanks are very good rotors especially for a street car. If you want to upgrade your brakes get stainless lines, better fluid (I run Motul RBF 600), and some more aggresive pads. PFC Z rated pads are more aggresive than OEM and low dust. Pair that with new OEM blank rotors and that would be a very good street brake set up. Shouldn't be to expensive either.
I can get the stop tech slotted rotors and performance street pads for 504$. Or the pads and sway bars for about the same $$$
Old 08-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #835
Bigjake

I was going with performance friction slotted rotors and hawk hps pads, I drove a e30 with this setup and it rocked my world, with
Old 08-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #836
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
I have TMS slotted rotors with metal master pads. Super blue fluid. Works good I think. IMO don't get drilled rotors. If you want the look get forged rotors they won't crack. If you don't track your car skip the sways. They are nice to help you get the turn in. But that shouldn't be needed much on the street. The brakes you will use every drive no matter what. Plus later braking if for some reason your road racing on the street. There is a e90post meet in sept I believe the week after labor day. Either way, if its outta the shop i'm coming!
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #837
PerkM3
Account Under Review

I wouldn't waste your money buying rotors. There is a reason that most bmw club racers run bmw stock blanks and that's because they are sufficent and better than most aftermarket rotors. The only reason to upgrade from stock blanks is for heat dissipation which you don't need on the street.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #838
bmrjunkie

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I wouldn't waste your money buying rotors. There is a reason that most bmw club racers run bmw stock blanks and that's because they are sufficent and better than most aftermarket rotors. The only reason to upgrade from stock blanks is for heat dissipation which you don't need on the street.
This. I have ran my stock blanks on several track sessions and they work just fine. I only upgraded my pads to HP+ but HPS works great too.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #839
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Isnt it good practice to replace pads and rotors at the same time?

I havent looked into brakes much, but I do think I want to "fix them up"

I really like the look of drilled rotors though...

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #840
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Isnt it good practice to replace pads and rotors at the same time?

I havent looked into brakes much, but I do think I want to "fix them up"

I really like the look of drilled rotors though...

That is what is considered good practice but not always neccesary. If you aren't running an aggresive pad that is eating up your rotors then sometimes you can get more life out of them. Especially if it's just for street it doesn't matter as much.

I have the CSL OEM BMW 2-piece rotors and I like them. With the two peice design they allow the rotor to cool faster because the hats are alluminum which dissipates heat better, it also allows better pad wear because the rotor will align itself evenly with the pad face.

Some say that cross drilled rotors will crack, it's true that they are more prone to cracking but it doesn't mean just because they are drilled the will crack. I run one of the most abbresive track pads on the market and I brake very late and hard and I have had no problem. It also depends on the quality. If you buy crappy ebay rotors and run them through intense heat cycles they will probably crack.

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku