E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.06 average.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #14081
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Just ordered some neat headers. Hope they get here in time. If they don't the car won't be ready! See what I did there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headers.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	438806   Click image for larger version

Name:	header 2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	438807   Click image for larger version

Name:	headers 3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	438808   Click image for larger version

Name:	EURO S50.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	438809  


Last edited by xixixi; 02-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #14082
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
You can't do road course on drag radials, can you?

If you're not selling the mustang, then maybe put the money into it...
This is my thinking right now. Its worthless to me as a drag setup with no local strip(and I think drag would be boring as a constant thing). But if its worth putting some money into it to make it at least driveable on a road course, I might do it.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #14083
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Well I meant more like suspension maintenance, fresh bushings, shocks, etc...

The BMW is probably far more balanced stock, but I think the stang would be more fun, and eventual suspension upgrade would make it comparable on the course. I dont plan on ever getting competitive, so a new purpose bought track car is out of the question.
The stang would be way more fun just because you can push the go pedal and go fast. Unless you have something very worn or broken then I wouldn't even worry about maintenance.

Be warned, it is very very addicting. I started out wanting a good looking, fast, cool street car. Then I was convinced to do one track day just to see what it is like. Now I have a race car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Here we go.

You don't need a fast car with high limits to learn or have fun. Some decent brakes will be nice, make sure you have good fluid in there.
Exactly............wait, this coming from a 17 year old with a M3 with gears, KW's, sways, blah, blah. I like where your head is at though.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #14084
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
This is my thinking right now. Its worthless to me as a drag setup with no local strip(and I think drag would be boring as a constant thing). But if its worth putting some money into it to make it at least driveable on a road course, I might do it.
How much boost you running?
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #14085
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
How much boost you running?
14lbs...here is the ad for my car right now.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2858893652.html
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #14086
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,020
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Exactly............wait, this coming from a 17 year old with a M3 with gears, KW's, sways, blah, blah. I like where your head is at though.
Honestly I'd rather learn on coils than on worn stock suspension and an open diff.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #14087
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
14lbs...here is the ad for my car right now.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/2858893652.html
excuse my ignorance, that is a centri type charger right? Not a positive displacement? Would a whipple be plug and play?
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #14088
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
excuse my ignorance, that is a centri type charger right? Not a positive displacement? Would a whipple be plug and play?
It is a centri, and no a whipple wouldnt exactly be "plug and play". If craigs would let me put more pics I'da had one of the motor. Biggest thing I need right now(if I keep it) are a full return-styel fuel system and a big intercooler.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #14089
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
It is a centri, and no a whipple wouldnt exactly be "plug and play". If craigs would let me put more pics I'da had one of the motor. Biggest thing I need right now(if I keep it) are a full return-styel fuel system and a big intercooler.
That is a really cool car btw. If it has no cooler, I must be a total sleeper. N/A gt creeps up and you are gone before he knew what happened! Man you gotta bring that thing out to st louis and go a bimmer slaying fest!

Last edited by xixixi; 02-24-2012 at 09:42 AM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #14090
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
That is a really cool car btw. If it has no cooler, I must be a total sleeper. N/A gt creeps up and you are gone before he knew what happened! Man you gotta bring that thing out to st louis and go a bimmer slaying fest!
It looks like a sleeper, but if you hear it you know otherwise. Even if I come cruising down the street you hear the whistle coming a mile away, and it has cams so it sounds pretty lumpy at idle. The exhaust isnt that loud though.

Greg is getting it today after work to detail it, so I might fall in love all over again tomorrow when I pick it up...
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #14091
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
Honestly I'd rather learn on coils than on worn stock suspension and an open diff.
You would learn more about balancing the car and being smooth on brake/throttle transitions with stock suspension and an open diff. I understand though.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #14092
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Now that I have my AiM Solo Data Logger I think I need one of these.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/aim-sma...tem-p1595.aspx
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #14093
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Now that I have my AiM Solo Data Logger I think I need one of these.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/aim-sma...tem-p1595.aspx
Do eet! That would be pretty cool to use.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #14094
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Do eet! That would be pretty cool to use.
It just sucks because now I have this high tech bad ass data logger but I can only overlay that data onto the video provided by the AiM smarty cam. I could go out and buy a GoPro with all the accesories under the sun and it would probably be cheaper but then I couldn't overlay the data. I'm in a pickle.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #14095
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
It just sucks because now I have this high tech bad ass data logger but I can only overlay that data onto the video provided by the AiM smarty cam. I could go out and buy a GoPro with all the accesories under the sun and it would probably be cheaper but then I couldn't overlay the data. I'm in a pickle.
Some fancy video editing could combine the two...
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #14096
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Some fancy video editing could combine the two...
No it can not, the AiM only uses one computer software and that software only accepts one video source which is the AiM. The data can not be edited to be compatible with another video source. Others have tried. AiM does this so you have to spend more money.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #14097
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
No it can not, the AiM only uses one computer software and that software only accepts one video source which is the AiM. The data can not be edited to be compatible with another video source. Others have tried. AiM does this so you have to spend more money.
If it spits out a normal video format, then you could edit the overlay into another(gopro) video pretty easily.

Hell I think windows movie maker could probably do it.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #14098
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,020
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
No it can not, the AiM only uses one computer software and that software only accepts one video source which is the AiM. The data can not be edited to be compatible with another video source. Others have tried. AiM does this so you have to spend more money.
I realy, really dislike stuff like that.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #14099
cardsfan007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 460
My Ride: 2002 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
It just sucks because now I have this high tech bad ass data logger but I can only overlay that data onto the video provided by the AiM smarty cam. I could go out and buy a GoPro with all the accesories under the sun and it would probably be cheaper but then I couldn't overlay the data. I'm in a pickle.
Let me know if you want a gopro, or 2 or 3. I get a great discount on them (I just got one and got one for my buddy)
cardsfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #14100
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan007 View Post
Let me know if you want a gopro, or 2 or 3. I get a great discount on them (I just got one and got one for my buddy)
PM me a price.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use