E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #15961
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Lol, I wouldnt call ~400hp "godly", but it would certainly be a fun M3!
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #15962
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Lol, I wouldnt call ~400hp "godly", but it would certainly be a fun M3!
Add 150 shot.. 2500lb car. You would need a lot of car to hang. Demi-God worthy!
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #15963
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Add 150 shot.. 2500lb car. You would need a lot of car to hang. Demi-God worthy!
Who has the 2500lb M3? Last I heard brad was around 2800?
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #15964
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Lol, I wouldnt call ~400hp "godly", but it would certainly be a fun M3!
I don't think you get what I'm saying. The s54 is one of only a handful of engines ever produced that makes over 100 hp per liter NA. That setup is putting down over 430 bhp which is over a 100 hp more than stock with just bolts on. For a NA inline 6 I think that is pretty freaking godly. I'm not saying the number in general but for that motor.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #15965
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Who has the 2500lb M3? Last I heard brad was around 2800?
Closer to 2,700 now. Still have some wiring and all the heater stuff. Not to mention the front glass. I think the lightest race preped e46 M3 I've ever seen was around 2,550lbs.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #15966
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Well then your mind might be blown to know that RC nitro engines are easily 600hp per liter...

Does that make their 2-3hp god-like too? I wouldnt think so.

Sure an S54 making 430bhp is impressive...but its still not god-like IMO...I guess i've been jaded by stupid big motors though.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #15967
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Well then your mind might be blown to know that RC nitro engines are easily 600hp per liter...

Does that make their 2-3hp god-like too? I wouldnt think so.

Sure an S54 making 430bhp is impressive...but its still not god-like IMO...I guess i've been jaded by stupid big motors though.
I said factory internals, on pump gas, with no F/I just bolt ons. From a 3.2 V6, how is that not impressive to anyone. I mean that it is godly for a motor of it's kind not godly overall or godly numbers.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #15968
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,038
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I said factory internals, on pump gas, with no F/I just bolt ons. From a 3.2 V6, how is that not impressive to anyone. I mean that it is godly for a motor of it's kind not godly overall or godly numbers.
V6


ruben nitro engines run on alchol at 18k rpm and blow up constantly. I wouldn't compare them to a real car engine.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #15969
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
V6


ruben nitro engines run on alchol at 18k rpm and blow up constantly. I wouldn't compare them to a real car engine.
Lol, I6

Exactly.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #15970
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
V6


ruben nitro engines run on alchol at 18k rpm and blow up constantly. I wouldn't compare them to a real car engine.
Andy, nitro engines run on nitromethane at 30k+ rpm, I wouldnt compare them to an alcohol car engine.
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #15971
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
BTW, who is going to the big fast fridays show tonight?
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #15972
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
I said factory internals, on pump gas, with no F/I just bolt ons. From a 3.2 V6, how is that not impressive to anyone. I mean that it is godly for a motor of it's kind not godly overall or godly numbers.
You're starting to sound like a honda boy...talking hp/L instead of whp...
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #15973
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
You're starting to sound like a honda boy...talking hp/L instead of whp...
Hahahaha, originally i was just trying to say is that the new epic headers look awesome and are a great power adder. Comparing whp isnt really an apples to apples comparison.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #15974
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Hahahaha, originally i was just trying to say is that the new epic headers look awesome and are a great power adder. Comparing whp isnt really an apples to apples comparison.
headers that add hp are always a good thing!
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #15975
PerkM3
Account Under Review
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,853
My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
headers that add hp are always a good thing!
The reason its a big deal Is for the longest time supersprint was the best and end all for s54 headers. The ones that epic just realeased blew them out of the water adding 20 hp and torque at 4k rpm. Thats over the supersprints not over stock.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #15976
cosmos///m3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Show Me State
Posts: 641
My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
The reason its a big deal Is for the longest time supersprint was the best and end all for s54 headers. The ones that epic just realeased blew them out of the water adding 20 hp and torque at 4k rpm. Thats over the supersprints not over stock.
Yeah... idk i still need to see these numbers from multiple cars... It just pisses me off that I waited about a year, finally pulled the trigger on SS V1 Stepped... then EPIC finally releases their headers....
__________________
2005 ZCP JB/IR 6spd ///M3
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #15977
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Throwin money in a pit, get a nitrous kit. /done
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #15978
Rubenk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,696
My Ride: M35A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Throwin money in a pit, get a nitrous kit. /done
I believe nitrous is the very definition of throwing money in a pit! You dont have to refill headers...
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #15979
Andy2108
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 8,038
My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
I believe nitrous is the very definition of throwing money in a pit! You dont have to refill headers...
Its not refilling the bottles thats the problem, its the AFR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Andy, nitro engines run on nitromethane at 30k+ rpm, I wouldnt compare them to an alcohol car engine.
Fine, but I still dont think they run on nitromethane.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #15980
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
This is a lightly modded m3 with nitrous.. Imagine Brads car with a 150
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use