E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #16061
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
Man do I miss me some Fast Friday's. Now I have to find another excuse to get the M out.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #16062
tnord

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreIdeas View Post
Speaking of RTABS, I need mine replaced and dont know where to go to get them. I know I can order OEM ones, but if theres better out there for the same price I would like to get that. My intention is to keep mine a comfortable DD that sees autocross every once in a while. So what do you recommend and where is the best place to buy them?
i got some powerflex ones from bimmerworld. allegedly they aren't any harsher than OEM. we'll see.
2010 Mazda 3
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #16063
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnord View Post
i got some powerflex ones from bimmerworld. allegedly they aren't any harsher than OEM. we'll see.
Those are the ones I just got. I haven't noticed any increase in NVH.

However I can report that 98% of the wheel hop is gone.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #16064
tnord

i showed for 30min just to see what was going on since i live pretty close by. some cool stuff there, but also a lot of style and no substance. seems like there's a bit of everything. from the focus with lambo doors and neons, to a blown moosestang drag car, and a nicely setup miata. saw kevin's car and some other LSB M. milled around for a few minutes but nobody that looked like they were the owners came by. people were still showing up when i left at 8. might come by again sometime.
2010 Mazda 3

Last edited by tnord; 09-07-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #16065
Weapon ///M

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnord View Post
i showed for 30min just to see what was going on since i live pretty close by. some cool stuff there, but also a lot of style and no substance. seems like there's a bit of everything. from the focus with lambo doors and neons, to a blown moosestang drag car, and a nicely setup miata. saw kevin's car and some other LSB M. milled around for a few minutes but nobody that looked like they were the owners came by. people were still showing up when i left at 8. might come by again sometime.
I saw your ///M, it had the stockies on it. Most of us were talking to Greg right next to his Tiag vert around 7:30-8:00.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #16066
tnord

i figured that might have been "you guys" when i walked by.

i poked around your car for a second, pretty nice.
2010 Mazda 3
Old 09-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #16067
Rubenk

My Ride: M35A2
Well, after 2 weeks off work, 1 sitting on a cot in the hospital and 1 on the couch next to my brother's hospital bed at home, 1400 miles of driving, and way too much money spent...I am finally back at work today. Spent the first hour and a half trying to get logged in before saying fuggit and going to get some coffee and breakfast....
Rubenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #16068
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Well, after 2 weeks off work, 1 sitting on a cot in the hospital and 1 on the couch next to my brother's hospital bed at home, 1400 miles of driving, and way too much money spent...I am finally back at work today. Spent the first hour and a half trying to get logged in before saying fuggit and going to get some coffee and breakfast....
Sorry to hear about your brother man. Im not exactly sure what happened but the most important thing is that he still has his life, friends, and family.

On a brighter note, the rolex series is live from laguna seca today. My favorite sports car series.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #16069
Rubenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Sorry to hear about your brother man. Im not exactly sure what happened but the most important thing is that he still has his life, friends, and family.

On a brighter note, the rolex series is live from laguna seca today. My favorite sports car series.
Thanks. He has been doing 4g/LTE upgrades on cell towers, and fell off of one on the way down, about a 40ft fall. He shattered his right foot and left wrist, fractured both femurs, and one hip, and fractured the L2 vertebrate. Ended up with hardware in the left femur/hip and wrist, and got L1, 2, and 3 vertebrates fused. Right foot is still awaiting surgery/reconstruction.

He is pretty mobile around the house now, he can slide out of his hospital bed and into the wheelchair and get around pretty much on his own now. Crazy thing is that he had another guy fall from about 10ft above him and got a broke rib and punctured lung, nearly cut his arm off when he grabbed the tower, but walked away from it. Only stayed in the hospital a few days compared to the 10 my brother was there.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #16070
carlito91

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Damn dude, that's rough. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery. Do they not wear harnesses when they're up there?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #16071
Rubenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito91 View Post
Damn dude, that's rough. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery. Do they not wear harnesses when they're up there?
Harness and multiple safety lines, not sure what happened to cause the accident.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #16072
PerkM3
Account Under Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenk View Post
Harness and multiple safety lines, not sure what happened to cause the accident.
Who does he work for? I worked in telecom for 2 years with Black & Veatch and although it was a rare occurnace things like this did happen. I'm just glad he's gonna be ok.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #16073
Rubenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Who does he work for? I worked in telecom for 2 years with Black & Veatch and although it was a rare occurnace things like this did happen. I'm just glad he's gonna be ok.
Small company Sub'd onto sprint...dont worry we got all our ducks in a row.

Thanks guys

I cant stop shopping parts for the new truck...ready to have my 550hp/1000tq monster!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #16074
NoMoreIdeas

My Ride: 01 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon ///M View Post
I saw your ///M, it had the stockies on it. Most of us were talking to Greg right next to his Tiag vert around 7:30-8:00.
It was nice meeting you guys! ^^ Ryan right? Seems like a pretty cool group of //M guys around here. Looking forward to future meets!
NoMoreIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #16075
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
So Im going to be changing my brake pads as well as a flush soon... I cant recall if I broke or let someone borrow my bleeder, because I cant find that damn thing to save my life. Anyways, anybody have one I could borrow??? Thinking end of this month, so no rush...
Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #16076
cosmos///m3

^^ I guess to add to that.. I know its been discussed before... Pads?? Low/No dust?? I have been told Akebon, but also hear they are kinda "sponge" like....
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #16077
NoMoreIdeas

My Ride: 01 M3
I have a mighty vac you can use.
NoMoreIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #16078
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
^^ I guess to add to that.. I know its been discussed before... Pads?? Low/No dust?? I have been told Akebon, but also hear they are kinda "sponge" like....
I've read good reviews of those. I'm not sure but I think they're the ones that Greg the detail guy with the Tiag M3 vert reccomends. I was going to replace the pads on the Girl's cars with those.

Obviously if you will be doing ANY track driving, get something more performance orented. Dustless pads do not work well at high temps
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #16079
sly1types

My Ride: M3
Send a message via MSN to sly1types
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
So Im going to be changing my brake pads as well as a flush soon... I cant recall if I broke or let someone borrow my bleeder, because I cant find that damn thing to save my life. Anyways, anybody have one I could borrow??? Thinking end of this month, so no rush...
Kyle

I got one that's made for our cars.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #16080
cosmos///m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I've read good reviews of those. I'm not sure but I think they're the ones that Greg the detail guy with the Tiag M3 vert reccomends. I was going to replace the pads on the Girl's cars with those.

Obviously if you will be doing ANY track driving, get something more performance orented. Dustless pads do not work well at high temps
Good to know... Yeah I gotta talk to Greg soon anyways for a detail. As far as tracking, yeah I would just swap them out if need be since I would be changing my wheels anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Kyle

I got one that's made for our cars.
Nice... I will have to hit you up when the time comes. Not sure if I want to wait and put it off till I order the new coilovers... Already have mine sold, just gotta find time and make sure I have the extra cash to splurge...

I just ordered stuff for an oil/filter change. So Im gonna check some other stuff out while I am at it. I just hope it doesnt turn out like last time Brad was checking his VANOS and everything....

Brad =

Last edited by cosmos///m3; 09-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.
cosmos///m3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gameboy86, i'll supra, kansas, lllsupra sucks, miz-zou, ohaimgremillion09, rockchalkjayhawkgoku