E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #121
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciandr6 View Post
you have to understand, NUMEROUS aftermarket products, not just these coilovers say that on the box. Tons of the lighting products everyone buys says the same thing. So many people on this forum act like RL coilovers are the only product to say offroad use only.
Lighting and suspension components are vastly different with regards to the potential damage caused by a failure (unless I suppose on an unlit road and all of your lights should fail )

Do bistelins or KWs have the same statement on the box or website?
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #122
mrx733

My Ride: E46, W201
Send a message via AIM to mrx733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Do bistelins or KWs have the same statement on the box or website?
no they do not, and if im not mistaken kw has lifetime warranty
Old 03-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #123
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrx733 View Post
no they do not, and if im not mistaken kw has lifetime warranty
Yeah Bilstein offers the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilstein
Plus with Bilstein's aftermarket lifetime warranty*, you can be assured they're built to last.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #124
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal E46 View Post
Not directed towards you, but you were the last person I saw that said it.

Since when has everyone on this board been solely performance oriented? Haven't half of you guys realized that this board is constantly flooded with threads on spacers, poke, lips, streched tires and bumper fitment questions.

Unless someone can prove that these coilovers are faulty and dangerous then they are just talking useless ****. A LOT of people on this board just want to look good and aren't worried about going max velocity around a neighborhood corner in their daily driver.

Yes, having expensive suspension is nice. But, for me, occassionaly I get tired of a stiff ride and the constant neck pains and fear of hitting a bump on the highway. Maybe this is their alternative.

Basically what it boils down to is the whole "all show, no go" modification that I think that every last person in this thread has at least one of.
Yeah, I've got a couple of useless mods on my car. But there is a difference between cheaping out on some pedals vrs an integral part of your car.

I don't care about the spring rates or drop. My concern has always been the build quality of these products. I think there COULD be a potential safety issue. Not saying there is before someone gets their feelings all hurt.

Quite frankly, I don't give a sh1t what suspension you put on your car. But I am getting VERY sick of nothing but raceland threads in the suspension forum. We should start a raceland sub-forum or move all of these stupid raceland threads to OT.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #125
zugellos

My Ride: '02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
...But I am getting VERY sick of nothing but raceland threads in the suspension forum. We should start a raceland sub-forum or move all of these stupid raceland threads to OT.
I certainly hope no one is forcing you to read/comment on these Raceland threads.
zugellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #126
BMWespresso

My Ride: 2005 325CI
Should I use Castrol, Mobil 1 or OEM ?? LET GO is OK we will survive
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #127
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWespresso View Post
Should I use Castrol, Mobil 1 or OEM ?? LET GO is OK we will survive
OEM = OEM
Bilstein = Motul
Raceland = ....

Wait for it....

Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #128
BMWespresso

Quote:
OEM = OEM
Bilstein = Motul
Raceland = ....

Wait for it....

Funny, I actually order Motul next the 8100 Xmax 5w30, but they do make a Motul Spec. BMW LL-01 5W30 also

Last edited by BMWespresso; 03-15-2010 at 11:39 AM.
BMWespresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #129
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
So I just got a oil change from Express tire for $48...does that mean my car is gonna blow up? or should I sell my 7 year old bmw and buy a civic cause I cant afford an oil change from BMW dealer?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #130
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRusski View Post
So I just got a oil change from Express tire for $48...does that mean my car is gonna blow up? or should I sell my 7 year old bmw and buy a civic cause I cant afford an oil change from BMW dealer?

I'll tell you what... if those rims are NOT authentic in your sig, YOU ARE A CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP AND WILL DIE IN A CATASTROPHIC ACCIDENT THAT WILL SET A CITY BLOCK ON FIRE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SAFE!!!

For real, I know someone who knew this guy that sold his car to this guy Chris that had reps on it and they cracked and are not safe and could kill you for realz.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #131
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
That's not comparing apples to apples.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #132
330I6SPD

My Ride: 2005 330I 6Spd.
Quote:
And you can bring your own oil for them it use, I used to bring Mobil1, an OEM filter and tq wrench in the trunk of my Viper! $10 install fee at the Texaco Express Lube on 4th St in St Pete, Fl.
330I6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #133
TheRusski

Quote:
I'll tell you what... if those rims are NOT authentic in your sig, YOU ARE A CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP AND WILL DIE IN A CATASTROPHIC ACCIDENT THAT WILL SET A CITY BLOCK ON FIRE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SAFE!!!

For real, I know someone who knew this guy that sold his car to this guy Chris that had reps on it and they cracked and are not safe and could kill you for realz.
Does that mean that I bought a windshield fluid pump from PepBoys for $12 instead of $50 from the dealer...and it will stop working and I wont be able to see anything out of my window and im gonna crash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330I6SPD View Post
And you can bring your own oil for them it use, I used to bring Mobil1, an OEM filter and tq wrench in the trunk of my Viper! $10 install fee at the Texaco Express Lube on 4th St in St Pete, Fl.
Eveything is included in the price of $48 out the door
Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #134
Focal E46

Quote:
Does that mean that I bought a windshield fluid pump from PepBoys for $12 instead of $50 from the dealer...and it will stop working and I wont be able to see anything out of my window and im gonna crash?
Dude you are so fuct!

That's ok, I bought an even cheaper one off eBay
Old 03-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #135
TheRusski

I see where Ken is coming from...but I dont agree on people saying that they are garbage just because of the price....Yes you get what you pay for...but we dont have a " Single " fact that someone " GOT " what they paid for from Racelands...I mean what if somehow they do last 50k + miles...will people still be trashing on them?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #136
Focal E46

Quote:
I see where Ken is coming from...but I dont agree on people saying that they are garbage just because of the price....Yes you get what you pay for...but we dont have a " Single " fact that someone " GOT " what they paid for from Racelands...I mean what if somehow they do last 50k + miles...will people still be trashing on them?
I've only seen two instances in which Racelands was blamed for damage. One being an install error and the other was the guy that blamed raceland for having his rims rub against the strut tower. Of course he was slammed on the lowest setting without spacers
Old 03-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #137
TheRusski

Quote:
I've only seen two instances in which Racelands was blamed for damage. One being an install error and the other was the guy that blamed raceland for having his rims rub against the strut tower. Of course he was slammed on the lowest setting without spacers
Isnt it the same Zhp guy?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #138
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Are we, yet again, ignoring the Raceland shock that snapped at it's installation point???

Somebody have the picture? I know it's been posted on here a half dozen times.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #139
Focal E46

Quote:
Isnt it the same Zhp guy?
It may be. I tried to search but bigjae is right, there's too many threads

Quote:
Are we, yet again, ignoring the Raceland shock that snapped at it's installation point???

Somebody have the picture? I know it's been posted on here a half dozen times.
I haven't seen that yet. Link or it didn't happen.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #140
BMWespresso

Quote:
Yes but not to worry, go with M3 engine replacement does Raceland makes any oil??

Last edited by BMWespresso; 03-15-2010 at 01:14 PM.
BMWespresso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wanna be mod