E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
xrb

My Ride: 325xi
Brake pad warning light still on after new pads?

So the brake pad warning light came on a week or so ago and I knew the rear pads were getting thin so I replaced the pads and put new rotors on as well since they were pretty worn. When removing the sensor from the passenger side pad I broke it so I got a new one and replaced it also.

So all goes back together and the warning light is still on. Do I need to reset something to get this to go off?
xrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Turn the key to position 2 but do not start the car. Leave it there for 30 to 60 seconds and the pad warning light should turn off.

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
^ Bingo
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
xrb

Thanks guys! My first BMW- it's actually my daughters.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
luisimo

My Ride: 2000 323i wagon
My first BMW also and I had the same problem with my 2000 323i wagon. I did the same thing as suggested by "teamdfl" and the light disappeared. Thanks

Hey "xrb" how did your brake job go? My brake job feels hesitant, I got Zimmermann rotors by "FCP" error (intended to be Brembos) and Textar pads. They told me they were slightly better quality as they are coated with anti-rust and had holes for heat release, but they feel hesitant not that sharp bite as those removed. Is this normal as new brakes get broken into? I am a little worried to had stayed with those Zimmerman rotors.
luisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
xrb

I put ceramic pads on with new Meyle rotors. I did bed them in and before I did, they didn't have much bite. So if you used ceramic pads (and many others I suspect) you need to do a little bedding to get them to work properly. Otherwise, all is good.

Hope this helps.