E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
dauble2k5

My Ride: Facelift Coupe
Need advice: dating older women

So, I started dating this girl who's a bit older than me. She's 27, I'm 23. I don't think the age is too big of a deal, but she is having a bit of a rough time getting used to it. She feels like I'm not experienced enough with being independent and things and feels that I'm just now beginning to start my life, with a job and stuff. But, she is trying to overlook them. Currently, I'm on my own, but have a roommate. I'm not too sure she likes that a whole lot, seeing how she's very independent and has mentioned that that may bother her a bit.

I am really beginning to like this chick a lot and don't wanna f this one up. What do you guys recommend I do? I've never dated an older chick before; she said she gets bored easily and doesn't want anything to be 'lame' or 'boring', so I'm thinking about planning a few weekend getaways with her. I met a few of her friends the other night, including her best girl friend, and she told me that her friend 'approved' of me, which apparently, is pretty tough to do.

She asked me the other night what 'label' I would put on our 'thing' and I said dating, possibly working towards something more, and she said she was a bit scared by that. I think she's got a few commitment issues, mainly just being afraid of wasting her/my time with getting bored.

What do you guys think, should I keep on taking it slow with her, tell her what I want or what?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
Ny4Life4Ti

My Ride: 330i
RUN! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!

btw... im sure pics will help us out for deciding your fate

and im pretty sure this thread is in the wrong place..... and i was really hoping you were about to turn this story and "the older woman" into a old BMW revival story

::NY4TI:: "I feel safer driving like a complete lunatic rather than a good samaritan." <---- Werdd ::NY4TI::
Ny4Life4Ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
First thing is first, please move to the forum

Secondly, I'd be straight with her. Don't change your life around her, just tell her what's up and if she doesn't like it move on. This isn't highschool anymore.

OH yeah,

firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Where did you find a 27 year old E46?

In before the move.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
350ZBOY

My Ride: TL type S
I think I seen a episode like this on True Life-"My Girl is older than me"

Basically, all of them broke up, and the girls never let you go out.

the end. but that's MTV
no offense to the owners on here, but I've never met a 350Z owner that wasn't a douche. are you a douche?
350ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
You like the GILFS?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
AlphaVortex

My Ride: jalopy!
If you're coming to the General E46 Discussion area for relationship advice, I'd say you probably aren't mature enough for her.
AlphaVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
BSR423

My Ride: has fool coverage!
Go out bar hopping till she falls on her face, then tell her she's boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
F that, I'll buy a gun instead.
BSR423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
dauble2k5

Not sure how to move the thread.. but I'll keep searching. Also, this is us Friday night.. I need a haircut..

To make this a BMW thread.. we were driving home last night from Bdub's and she looked over and said 'So.. what can this thing REALLY do?'. Dropped it into 4th, passed 100, hard shift, passed 115 and said 'That. Fun?'. She smiled. She doesn't like how I can take corners and grabs my arm usually. I just explained that's how they are and they have exceptional handling.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
BSR423

My Ride: has fool coverage!
Does she own a cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
F that, I'll buy a gun instead.
BSR423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #11
Ny4Life4Ti

now I am happy... thanks for the story and the pic

seriously though... you guys look great together...... but still. RUN! Im telling you she's going to hold on to the age thing and tear you apart with it. And then when it's that time of the month she might say crazy things like "I KNEW YOU WERE TOO YOUNG TO HANDLE ME" and blah blah blah. Take it slow and see where SHE wants to take it and if anything happens you can just say "Hey, you're the one that chose me ". Good luck though lol

::NY4TI:: "I feel safer driving like a complete lunatic rather than a good samaritan." <---- Werdd ::NY4TI::
Old 03-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #12
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #13
dauble2k5

yes.. she has a cat, actually.. not sure if that's a good thing, ha ha. i think i'm going to take it slow and see how/where things go. we get along really well and she likes the ideas of my planning to go places and bring her. she's thinking about taking a vacation someplace this summer (she's a teacher) and i've got plenty of time i can take for vacation, so hopefully, we'll be able to do something.

thanks guys!!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #14
Avet4

My Ride: 2004 330i 6spd
****LISTEN TO MY ADVICE****

YOU are the mature one in your relationship. You are also more mature than I am.

I am older than you, I'll be 26 in about a month, and I am the male version of the girl you are dating. I am immature for my age in the sense that I have the same commitment issues that she has.

I definitely have more life experiences than you do, as does she, but that does not equate to maturity.

I am in the inverse situation that you are in right now. I'm 25 dating a 21 year old chick. I know that I don't want to commit to her. I have more life experiences than her by a lot but I am not strong willed and emotionally mature enough to commit to a relationship. I feel horrible for her because I know she is head-over-heels for me and would be the perfect life-partner for me, but I cannot progress my life b/c of various fears of change/commitment etc.

The difference between me and your girl is that as a guy I am able to be insightful about my short-comings, which I doubt she is able to do. Also as a guy I take full blame for why my relationship isn't working, whereas your girl sounds like shes blaming YOU for when you were born.

I suggest you have as much fun as you can nailing an older chick (no offense since you clearly have feelings for her) and then let it fall apart whenever it does.

My experiences with older women have been mainly of the sexual sort. No dating what-so-ever.

Good luck
Avet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
dauble2k5

ha ha ha, love the advice. so far, from speaking with my friends and things, they all just say take it slooooooow and that i'm okay/in control. i have no idea how it's going to turn out, but i'm ready for whatever

she's really down to earth and we can talk really well, so i'm hoping this will work out.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Kernith

My Ride: 2004 325ci ,
coming from a 50 year old who has been married to the same girl for 23 years... just enjoy the ride. The car and the girl. Don't think too much about it. If the car breaks, get it fixed until you don't feel it is worth fixing. Same with the girl. But the difference... you don't marry the car. be careful.... take your time and have fun. Lots of cars and lots of girls.
Kernith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
dauble2k5

i think that's the best advice ever.. thanks!!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #18
Ny4Life4Ti

awwww.... okay group hug guys!... no hom0. Best of luck to you and catwoman!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #19
dauble2k5

ha ha.. thanks.. fml?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
she gets bored easily...means your wallet can't handle the hit to keep her "satisfied"...she is independant but owns a cat = means she's a mental patient the hospital hasn't found yet.

Run, hit it and run the hell away, make sure she can't find you. I've got $5 says she's the type to slash tires and key your car when she sees you with a new girlfriend 5 months from now