E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #161
dekaliber

My Ride: '07 Z4MC, '06 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by illirep View Post
Picking up my silver gray zhp sedan saturday morning. This will be the 4th zhp I've owned. Can't seem to stay away. Had a 335i Dinan Stage II. Will certainly miss that power and torque, but not the looks. The e46 w/ mtech II is classic. Not to mention - super rare!!

1st: 03 silver gray sedan manual
2nd: 04 jet black sedan manual
3rd:05 sivler gray vert w/ auto
4th: 05 silver gray sedan manual
What happened to the first 3?

And you didn't happen to buy that car in Wilmette, did you?
dekaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #162
thesixsins

My Ride: 2004 IMOLA 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaliber View Post
And try finding a 2001-2002 Z3 M Coupe with low miles in good condition for less than 50% of MSRP.
Completely agree... You can buy one for the same price a lower milage z4m coupe would go for.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #163
LHB

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesixsins View Post
Completely agree... You can buy one for the same price a lower milage z4m coupe would go for.
And personally, I wouldn't give $10k for any Z3M Coupe, while if I found just the right one I'd go $40k on a 2008 CPO Z4Coupe in AW on Black, with no NAV. You forget about the extra few thousand dollars in a few months, but having the car you really want, for whatever reason, gives joy that lasts a long, long time.

But I suspect the number of low milege, excellent condition ZHP's out there is very small, and diminishing all the time. I'd switch from imported to domestic beer and suck up the larger payment rather than watch car after car disappear as I haggled over $1000 just so I could pat myself on the back for getting a great deal.

I wish I would have taken my own advice when I was still in the Z4M market. Every time I took the night to "sleep" on a certain deal on the really good ones, the car was gone by the next morning. And we know how many of the Coupes there are: about 1800, and that's it.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #164
Ronin951

My Ride: 2013 328i MSport
Just a suggestion for searchers. I bought my 03 sedan w/15k 3 years ago from carmax for $30k. My point...it was worth 4k'ish more. They thought it was a ZSP.

It's no M, but with a few minor mods it'll out handle 95% of the other cars on the road and not beat you to death while commuting. They are plain and simply fun cars to drive without all the baggage. I think that's why people swear by them.

New owners should immediately get rid of the clutch delay valve. Put on some upgraded sways (significantly balances the car). Install stainless brake lines w/quality fluid (doubles braking response) and most important good rubber. If you're gonna go cheap on tread, get an SUV
Ronin951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #165
Marcus-SanDiego

My Ride: 2008 X5
Nice one here:

http://bimmersalesltd.com/vehicledet...?VID=118001932
Marcus-SanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #166
chopstik

My Ride: 2011 WRX
how much coin would you give up for this zhp?

http://www.rogueengineering.com/bmw/2003ZHP.html
Old 08-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #167
thesixsins

My Ride: 2004 IMOLA 330i ZHP
What do you guys think of this:http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1897569821.html

I'm looking for anything but silver and the miles ar a bit to high for me, it's missing it's spare and has some bizarre interior dings... But the car fax is clean...

Should I try and hold out? For the one I really want or am I dreaming of something that'll never come....
I went and test drove it... So much fun...
Old 08-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #168
LHB

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesixsins View Post
What do you guys think of this:http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1897569821.html

I'm looking for anything but silver and the miles ar a bit to high for me, it's missing it's spare and has some bizarre interior dings... But the car fax is clean...

Should I try and hold out? For the one I really want or am I dreaming of something that'll never come....
I went and test drove it... So much fun...
From what I can see, this is a great buy. Titanium silver (as opposed to Silver-Gray) is very rare on these cars, and if you drove and and enjoyed it, it definitely appears to be worth the dough. Ask to take it to a mechanic for a thorough PPI if you're worried about the mileage; carfax is pretty worthless except for uncovering the most obvious flaws. A lot of people are traveling long distances to find a car like this, and it's sitting practically in your backyard!

Ultra low mileage ones are going to cost an ultra lot more. You can buy a lot of maintenance with $5k-$7k.

I would think twice about letting it get away!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #169
///mshu

My Ride: E34->E46->E28->E34!
Here she is boys... see sig

Let's make a deal
'91 Schwartz 525i/5 ... DD
///mshu is offline   Reply With Quote