E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
NIVO

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to NIVO
DiobloSport going Euro? Will you be able to tune your BMW?

It is no secret as of this month for many that Diablosport is working on Euro cars now with their new Predator hand held replacement, the Intune.

It can be used on more then one car by purchasing more licenses. So if you had a 330i and tune that then want to also tune the M3 you can with another license.

Here is what an inside source told me:
"We are all over BMW like stink on $%!#.
Keep an eye out this summer"

----------------------------------------------------------
- Powered by Dual 32-bit CPUs and +1GB of internal memory
- One part number for all applications
- OEM level scan tool
- Smaller than the average cell phone
- USB connectivity
- High-Resolution color touch screen
- Free online updates and tech support for the life of the product
- 2 Analog inputs
- Supports custom tuning
- Enhanced Data logging

Oh and a link with more info I found on the net:
http://www.insidemusclecars.com/blog...and-held-tuner

They are working on it now and also the new version of the Chip Master Revolution tuning software. I "heard" of single license use with the CMR2. So you won't have to pay $2500+ for the dealer package to fully tune your cars through factory Computer.

More from their forums:

"We have every intention of setting the euro tuning market on its ear in the coming year, stay tuned."

"Any updates on when your Euro tuners might be available?"

"Looking like BMW may happen first, then MB, but still working out the details...maybe MINI cooper too...."

The above as of March 22nd 2010.

Last edited by NIVO; 03-28-2010 at 03:45 PM.
NIVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
95blkmax

My Ride: 00 BMW 328i
Send a message via AIM to 95blkmax
NIVO thank you for sharing this!

This is great news (hopefully it falls through!). I had great experiences working with the DiabloSport on F-Bodies and GTOs. (Would be cool if they could also tun off certain codes from the DME like rear oxygen sensors for those of us with headers :-X)

Hi, my name is 95BlkMax, and I am a Boostaholic
"DANGER TO MANIFOLD!!!!" O_o!
95blkmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95blkmax View Post
NIVO thank you for sharing this!

This is great news (hopefully it falls through!). I had great experiences working with the DiabloSport on F-Bodies and GTOs. (Would be cool if they could also tun off certain codes from the DME like rear oxygen sensors for those of us with headers :-X)
Yeah, No Problem. It will definitely make it easier to justify spending money on turbo kits and S/C kits.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Iceman00

My Ride: E90 6MT
Like.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
95blkmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVO View Post
Yeah, No Problem. It will definitely make it easier to justify spending money on turbo kits and S/C kits.
or to go self-made turbo kit as me and save big bucks, and do the tuning myself :-). DiabloSport is pretty close to me (they're somewhere is West Palm county, florida, that's only 1.5hrs north of me) so I wouldnt mind being a guinia pig for a turbo setup tune. Goal is to be boosting by end of the year so who knows

Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Iceman00

Bumpity. Crossing my fingers for this!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Bumpity. Crossing my fingers for this!
they are working on it, the Intunes will be very involved with the ecu it flashes.

They are making it dealer level scan tool with flashing capabilities. Not just BMW, but other makes too.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
Iceman00

I'm "local" to them, do they need a test car?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I'm "local" to them, do they need a test car?

From Mike at DiabloSport:

inTune is a whole new ballgame.

inTune brings full factory reflash capabilities to the table, a feature never before seen in any hand held tuning device.

inTune is not limited to supporting Ford/GM/Chrysler. inTune will take us into BMW, Mini Cooper, Mercedes, and many more.

inTune will be desired by not only end users, but high end shops that work on cars and require reflash capabilities, as inTune can ideally replace a Star Scan, a Tech 2, a Cardaq, or whatever you are using for flashing PCM.

It also has full factory scan tool capabilities, so it will be able to perform factory diagnostic functions like crank relearns.

My favorite part so far will be the lack of any required interface software. Plug the inTune into your PC (or Mac!!), and open the external hard drive (inTune).
Want your backup file? drag it out of the folder and drop it on your PC. Done.
Got a custom tune you want to load to the inTune, drag it from your PC to the intune. Done.
Want to update the inTune, drag it to the inTune...you get the point.

We'll have to develop a type of driver for live streaming to the Dataviewer program, but oh yeah, that driver will be in the intunes drive already, so you just drag it from there, install it on your PC, and done. Dont even have to visit the web site.
The inTune manual will also be on the tools' drive, as well as any documentation you may need, along with a link to the inTunes downloads page on our website.

Theres more, but that's all for now

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in. ~ Nivo
The rest of my signature is reserved for pointless modification bits like: Halos | window Tint | carbon fiber roundels | short shifter
Old 05-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
95blkmax

:droolz:

Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
tinkwithanr

My Ride: '00 323i + '75 2002
Sick, but I bet it will cost a pretty penny.

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now
tinkwithanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
krenarX

My Ride: 3-series
this is great cant wait
krenarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Sounds like it might just be a flashing tool? If so, that means the end user will still need the necessary software to modify and tune their own ECU file, which is nothing easy for anyone on this board really.

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkwithanr View Post
Sick, but I bet it will cost a pretty penny.
Their Trinity tuner is their top bad boy now.. the intune is in or just above the Predator.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 06-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
NIVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
Sounds like it might just be a flashing tool? If so, that means the end user will still need the necessary software to modify and tune their own ECU file, which is nothing easy for anyone on this board really.
LOL. no no no... This system is a scan tool (close to what the dealer uses), A tuner and more.

Not 100% in on how they will deal with the multiple maps in the DME but in any other vehicle that the predator or trinity tunes you can do timing, fuel, calibrate the speedometer for smaller/larger tires, change the engine fan turn on temp for those running other thermostats, and a bunch of other things.

since you don't need to know hex and programming, what you will see is figures as you know them like timing is in degrees, fuel is in % added etc...

You log a run, view it on the system them make the adjustments. All through the Intune.

Over on the SRTforums we have some guys already in the 600+ whp range on the stock PCM using the diablosport products. Of course this is not for everyone, so those who don't know what they are buying I would have Nick G make you a tune, buy it then you would flash your DME with the tune made for your car. He would need the logs.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 11-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
NIVO

Latest word is Intune getting closer as they are working on many other vehicles then just the standard GM/Ford/Chrysler.

I was told that when the Intune is released the Mini market will be first then bmw VEHICLES.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/di...-intune-tuner/

2011 catalog shows intune ( http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=182 )

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Last edited by NIVO; 11-17-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
95blkmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVO View Post
Latest word is Intune getting closer as they are working on many other vehicles then just the standard GM/Ford/Chrysler.

I was told that when the Intune is released the Mini market will be first then bmw VEHICLES.
awesome! Thanks for the update to the community

Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
murph1379

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
*yawn*

Call me when they have this thing actually tuning the M54. They're not the first to make the neverending promise of "real soon now".
murph1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
NIVO

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph1379 View Post
*yawn*

Call me when they have this thing actually tuning the M54. They're not the first to make the neverending promise of "real soon now".
Better yet I will post a video "if allowed" of Intune working on My car. once it goes past Beta. watch for Mini tuning talk this year.

www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #20
murph1379

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Yeah, a video of it working on your car doesn't do any of us much good.

I'll believe it when I can order it, and it actually shows up on my doorstep.
murph1379 is offline   Reply With Quote