E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
am420190

My Ride: '04 325ci
Anyone know how to change out Corner Reflectors on a Facelifted E46?

Does anyone know how to change out the Corner Reflectors on a Facelifted E46? I am not sure if they just snap out or if there is a trick to it.
am420190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
you have to loosen the bolts for the headlights. There are 3-4 bolts that hold the headlights in.

You also have to take out the narrow body panel under the headlights (just snaps out)

Once you can pull the whole headlight housing out, the corners slide out. (they lock into the main headlight housing)

There are plenty of DIYs if you need more help, just

323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
DiscoStu
Sienna Red Coupe

My Ride: 2013 VW GLI
If you're talking about the reflectors on the bumper. Just get your fingernails under the top, push down, and then pull straight out.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
alibusoul

My Ride: TiAg e46 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
you have to loosen the bolts for the headlights. There are 3-4 bolts that hold the headlights in.

You also have to take out the narrow body panel under the headlights (just snaps out)

Once you can pull the whole headlight housing out, the corners slide out. (they lock into the main headlight housing)

He has a facelift, it doesn't work that way.. and he might be talking about the bumper reflectors
Old 04-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Define ///M3

My Ride: Dream 2 B Suprchrgd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post

Wrong, the corner REFLECTORS on a facelift can be taken out by getting a SMALL flathead screwdriver and a towel, press down on them and they will pop outwards, just be steady and careful

AKA Huggy1989
"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."- WP
Define ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
OP can you show us a pic or diagram of what your talking about.....I don't think we yet understand what part your trying to remove.

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
SoBo330ci

My Ride: 3 pedal 3.0 facelift
Slide a credit card along the top of the reflector. Once you get it wedged in there, stick your finger behind the card and push out and down. The reflector should pop right out.

Getting the old ones out is the easy part. I ordered clear reflectors from Jlevi, and had to do some serious sanding to the various tabs and clips before they barely popped in. Then still managed to chip a tiny bit of the passenger side reflector.

constantly lurking
SoBo330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
am420190

My Ride: '04 325ci
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a crazy trick to it
am420190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
elanlyfestyle

My Ride: 03 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBo330ci View Post
Slide a credit card along the top of the reflector. Once you get it wedged in there, stick your finger behind the card and push out and down. The reflector should pop right out.

Getting the old ones out is the easy part. I ordered clear reflectors from Jlevi, and had to do some serious sanding to the various tabs and clips before they barely popped in. Then still managed to chip a tiny bit of the passenger side reflector.
lol ^^^^Like he said be very careful i ended up completly braking my brand new one in half during install and the paint on the bumper started cracking as well. So be careful!
elanlyfestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
theinfamousdrew

My Ride: 911 Turbo / E70
Bumper Reflectors = PITA!!!!!

I just installed mine...broke an oem one.....and chipped both on install....never again! (until i order new ones to replace the chipped ones)
theinfamousdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
My325XI

My Ride: 03 325XI Sprt Prem
Per a modbargins description...

Fitment (Please consult your owner's manual for your application fitment type)

-99-01 (push in)

-02-05 (screw in)

2003 325XI 5-speed ZSP ZPP
My325XI is online now   Reply With Quote