E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
Vanbimmer

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Style 225 M 19's, will the fit non-m coupes?

I though I would start a thread to address the fitment of style 225's on the e46 as I could not find any definitive answers online.

these are the m-sport wheels that came as an option on the e92. I think its a very good looking setup for the e46 for those into the OEM m-sport look, kind of like an updated version of the ZHP style 135 wheels.

The sizes are 8x19 ET37 front, and 9x19 ET39 rear.

I found a pair locally with 235/35/19 fronts, 265/30/19 rears.

My question: will these fit on our e46 non-m coupes with the above tire setup without rubbing?

If not, is there any other tire setup that will make these fit without rubbing?

Here are some pics of them set up on e46's.

Vanbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #2
Nick'sE46

My Ride: '04 325CI
I also would like to know. These are insanely good looking. I've been debating getting some ESR rims, but I can't find any info on what tire setup would work. I've looked everywhere, and can't seem to find any useful info.
Nick'sE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #3
Rob43
Performance Suspension Guru

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
At 27.8 lbs a wheel,.....it would be a mistake to go this route.

Your smart move for a "big" wheel would be a light weight 18" at roughly 18 lbs a wheel.

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 SCCA
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

I BUILD SUSPENSIONS (Consult) FROM MILD TO WILD FOR RWD & XI E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #4
tcphoto

My Ride: '09 335 MT Coupe
Look good but the ride of 19" wheels must be bone jarring and reek havick on suspension components. I'll stick with my Style 197's with a combination of esthetics and smooth ride.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #5
Rob43
Performance Suspension Guru

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Look good but the ride of 19" wheels must be bone jarring and reek havick on suspension components. I'll stick with my Style 197's with a combination of esthetics and smooth ride.

Yep.

Not to mention the "Perceived" loss of about 20 WHP.

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 SCCA
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

I BUILD SUSPENSIONS (Consult) FROM MILD TO WILD FOR RWD & XI E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #6
darkwolfe

My Ride: 330ci conv M sport
fitment of style 225 or MV4's

I can only comment on a coupe, the wheels will go straight on but with those tyre sizes you will rub.

My car is a 2006 330ci M sport, I guess the US would call it the ZHP package, so slightly lower and stiffer suspension than the base model. It was a little saggy in the back due to I think old springs and deteriorated spring isolators, meaning that the stock 18's sat just inside the arch at the rear.

I've gone stock M3 tyres size as I had some old rubber in the garage 235-40-19 fronts and 255-35-19 rears, unfortunately once fitted the rears rubbed, not much but enough so something needed doing. So replaced the top rear isolator with a 21mm unit and the wheel is now pretty much central to the wheel arch, looks about the same as the black coupe in the workshop picture above. For good measure I also rolled the lip of the arch in a little (not the arch (fender) out).

The ride is similar to what my M3 (72,000mls) was, although I think the M3 felt a little smoother over rough surfaces, which I guess is a result of worn dampers, the 330 has 180,000 miles. So not too bad and totally liveable.

As said before these wheels add a heap of awesome to the E46 and really suit the car.
darkwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #7
nated066

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwolfe View Post
I can only comment on a coupe, the wheels will go straight on but with those tyre sizes you will rub.
Hey I thought I'd quickly comment on this as I am also looking at getting a set of these for my '02 325CI

I'm surprised that you mention they will rub, as that tire setup (F:235/35/19 R:265/30/19) is only about a quarter inch in diameter larger than the stock 17 style e44s (225/45/17). And with the stock setup there's tons of clearance between tire and fender.

Is this from personal experience you notice the rubbing, or were you assuming?

Cheers!

Last edited by nated066; 06-01-2016 at 04:27 PM.
nated066 is offline   Reply With Quote