E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #821
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
Go to dynavin.freeforums.org, register, and take a look around. Theres a couple threads under the BMW or WinCE forums that provide links and info re igo 8.3, primo, and tomtom (and several other programs).

Most of the time they're free. I havent paid for a new gps program and have downloaded 3 new ones at this point. Just need a bigger sd card to hold them.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #822
spngr311

My Ride: 2001 M5
I registered on there and looked around, but the information seems to be too spread out and every place I checked was a dead link.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #823
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
Update

I was having a few issues with my install. Very few. My first was with the nav unit. Seemed very complicated and tried to make a few adjustments and ended up getting locked out of the nav part of the unit. Talked to Jeff and another fanatic deleted everything in my saved file. That got it up and running. Read some of the 88 page manual and have been using it all weekend and got to really get the feel of the igo (i was using a windshield mount navigon) system. Now i really like it.
my second problem was the whine in my mids and highs with the vol at 0 (I have 2 aftermarket amps). I turned my gains way down and that helped a little. But i like to listen to my music pretty loud and with the vol up you could not here the whine. I was OK with it really but i took a trip to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend with the gf and had the vol low for the 2 hour ride and the whine was was driving us both crazy. So i did some research like Jeff suggested and went to a car audio shop and bought 2 sets of RCA ground loop isolators and now i have no audible whine at all. PAC, BOSS audio and JD audio makes these isolator's $15 to $25 bucks a set. I have seen them on ebay for cheaper but i would stick with a brand you know. I bought the JD Audio ones $30 for 2 sets. They work. It's a male to female rca cable with a box in the middle with 2 ground wires i grounded all 4 wires to the same point but not the same point as my amps. I thought i might still have a little whine but now i have NONE. So for anyone with aftermarket amps and whine use an isolator.
Thanks again Jeff. I could not be happier with my unit.

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...087&highlight=
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #824
PreppyR6

My Ride: shines like justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by spngr311 View Post
I registered on there and looked around, but the information seems to be too spread out and every place I checked was a dead link.

It takes a little reading to figure out what works and what doesnt. Theres a lot of links to mobilepassion.com or .org that has a lot of good current links. If I find time later Ill post em.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #825
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by spngr311 View Post
There are quite a few places you can download the latest iGO8 and other nav programs from, search through some of these................

http://david2131.com/mobile/igo8.php
http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=388
http://gpsunderground.com/forum/foru...gation-Systems
http://fixmygps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17
http://mobilepassion.org/
Old 09-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #826
E36M3FORNOW

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, 02 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
There is nothing wrong with buying from another vendor, there are a few choices on this forum, and all of us are better than the earlier choices. Just use your head, there are reasons that some vendors are selling at a discount....

Obviously i cant tell you that you should buy from me instead when i am all sold out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyR6 View Post
Well I obviously wont bash the other sponsor, I purchased from them too when I first joined this forum a few years back. All I can attest to is my own personal experience with vendors on this forum, Jeff is ranked at the top. I considered the quality of service, as evidenced by the activity in this and Jeffs other forum. No other dynavin vendors have as much substantive discussion and Q&A as Jeffs.

Where are you getting 585 shipped? I see 575+ship, but thats for the V3, not the V4.

Dont get me wrong, I asked Jeff first but he is sold out. I bought many things from the other vendor and he has been great so far.
E36M3FORNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #827
laureynsr

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
My Dynavin is in car!

Well, it took three days, 6 hours of physical labor, the rest looking for tips in removing some of the trim and trying to get an antenna extension and some other stuff. I called every place under the sun looking for a antenna extension cable. Radio Shack, installers, best buy, nobody had one. Finally on Sunday, I took a chance and went to Pep Boys and found a 12 foot extension cable. I knew it was going to be close to coming up short but I got it anyway. I also got a 15 ft. patch cable so I could add a backup cam and subwoofer later. Everything went pretty smooth but I did run into 2 big problems, first is I broke the antenna wire while snaking it through the console to where the Dyanvin goes, second problem is I now have the airbag warning in my dash on. I figure I must have loosened a cable somewhere to the airbags. What kills me is now I have to do the entire cable run all over again because I strapped the cables all together before running them. I also have to figure out where the airbag warning is coming from. Of course I broke a couple of trim clips and lost 2 screw behind the dash.

I didnít install the USB cables because I didnít have the PAC cables I ordered yet. I got to play with the Dynavin for a little while yesterday and still trying to figure the UI out. Also not having a single button to make a call is weird. iPod interface leaves much to be desired and as everyone knows the glare is really bad! Sound quality is the same to my ears to the factory Alpine unit. All and all, Iím glad I did it. Hopefully I get everything sorted out next weekend.

Jeff, I canít say thank you enough for all your help and support!

Ray
Lights: Bi Xeonon, clear corners, clear sides
ICE: Dyanvin DVN-E46 v5, w/HK 12 speaker, Infinity Baselink and Proclip 5v iPhone mount.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." Albert Einstein
laureynsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #828
Jagular

My Ride: '04 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Go with the iGO Primo. Much, much better than the stock 8.3 iGO version.
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #829
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
post deleted by Brutal

Last edited by BrutaL; 09-07-2010 at 02:06 PM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #830
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
Go with the iGO Primo. Much, much better than the stock 8.3 iGO version.
Wow, primo looks great. How do I go about getting it?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #831
BillyJoelR

My Ride: Velvy B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328ci View Post
wow, primo looks great. How do i go about getting it?
+1

BillyJoelR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #832
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Jagular posted the links. Check them out.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #833
Darkoz

Quote:
You'll find it in the links I posted a few posts up
Personally, after using it I don't think it's any better than iGO8

Last edited by Darkoz; 09-07-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #834
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
You'll find it in the links I posted a few posts up
Personally, after using it I don't think it's any better than iGO8
I loaded it up, got it on the same 8GB card as the iGO 8.3. Not sure how to load the maps on it. Also, the resolution from the one I got is not for the Dynavin. 800x400. The links posted do work though.

I am sticking with iGO 8.3 for now. Found quite a bit of nice hacks for it on those forums also.

BTW, Darkoz, on the iGO 8.3, where are the maps located so I can copy and paste them to Primo.....just to swap back and forth and mess with both of them. Shoot me a PM if you can.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #835
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I loaded it up, got it on the same 8GB card as the iGO 8.3. Not sure how to load the maps on it. Also, the resolution from the one I got is not for the Dynavin. 800x400. The links posted do work though.
As far as I know there's only one or two skins for iGO Primo that have 800x480 resolution, one of them is called GIA_v2.14
The maps are loaded in the same location as iGO8 (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
BTW, Darkoz, on the iGO 8.3, where are the maps located so I can copy and paste them to Primo.....just to swap back and forth and mess with both of them. Shoot me a PM if you can.
The maps are located in content\map folder

Last edited by Darkoz; 09-07-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #836
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
So is the consensus that igo 8.3 is the best? That's what i "upgradeD" to

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #837
Darkoz

Quote:
So is the consensus that igo 8.3 is the best? That's what i "upgradeD" to
I wouldn't bother changing, iGO8.3 does everything you need and more, Primo just seems to have a few added settings which are pretty useless unless you live in Europe, like currency conversion.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #838
Breakin Newz

My Ride: BMW
How do you/where do you exactly ground the wire so you can drive and watch a dvd at the same time? And which wire do you ground?
Breakin Newz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #839
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakin Newz View Post
How do you/where do you exactly ground the wire so you can drive and watch a dvd at the same time? And which wire do you ground?
You ground the pink wire labelled parking
I just screwed it to the metal casing of the the Dynavin unit itself using one of the existing screws.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #840
reynaldo

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to reynaldo
I wire tap the ground wire into the black wire (Dynavin)...
reynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote