E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
NCS Expert Clown Nose DWA - Help!

Hey All,

I've been researching this for weeks and for some reason, i can't get my clown nose to flash on my car (2005 330ci vert)! I've set DWA to aktiv using NCS expert, but no luck! any other ideas?

I successfully coded my indicators to flash when locking/unlocking, but even though DWA is aktiv, my clown nose wont flash!

Thanks!
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
Hey All,

I've been researching this for weeks and for some reason, i can't get my clown nose to flash on my car (2005 330ci vert)! I've set DWA to aktiv using NCS expert, but no luck! any other ideas?

I successfully coded my indicators to flash when locking/unlocking, but even though DWA is aktiv, my clown nose wont flash!

Thanks!
You need to enable these three; last one is a flash when the trunk is closed after locking everything.

QUIT_OPT_ENTSCH
QUIT_OPT_SCHAERF
QUIT_OPT_SCHAERF_KLAPPE

They are all found in the GM5 module. If you are talking about the acoustic noise that you dont hear a beep its because 1) you didnt enable the akust options 2) you dont actually have the beeper/horn under hood.

And are you sure you are coding properly? After coding, read your file back and see if the changes actually took..
__________________
** Removed **

Last edited by jeepo23; 10-07-2012 at 09:57 PM.
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
hi jeepo23. all those options are aktiv! i have read the file back and the changes stick. I probably dont have the beeper/horn under the hood because i have enabled the akust options but dont get a sound. which is ok, i really just want the flash of the clown nose!

do you think i need to code the VO/FA?
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
hi jeepo23. all those options are aktiv! i have read the file back and the changes stick. I probably dont have the beeper/horn under the hood because i have enabled the akust options but dont get a sound. which is ok, i really just want the flash of the clown nose!

do you think i need to code the VO/FA?
What do you mean by VO/FA?

If you enabled all those options I don't see why it wouldn't flash when you lock/unlock.

I just did this to a buddies car yesterday, enabling DWA and then the other 3 options did the flash.
__________________
** Removed **
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
VO is the Vehicle Order in NCS which shows a list of options the car came with. There's a way to code the alarm to the VO so the vehicle thinks it has the alarm, but i don't think i need to go this far!

Maybe there's an error somewhere in my code and its not doing the flash? You wouldnt have a copy of your buddies GM5 module read out would you? This way I can compare!
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
VO is the Vehicle Order in NCS which shows a list of options the car came with. There's a way to code the alarm to the VO so the vehicle thinks it has the alarm, but i don't think i need to go this far!

Maybe there's an error somewhere in my code and its not doing the flash? You wouldnt have a copy of your buddies GM5 module read out would you? This way I can compare!
Never knew about the vehicle order stuff, but don't think you need to go that far to do this. And yes I do actually have his FSW file from the GM5.. This is what was last written to his car that gave him the flashing on unlock/locking.

File attached, change the extension back to .trc or .txt if it wont view in pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FSW_PSW.pdf (59.9 KB, 99 views)
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
just checked and my file is the same! although, i think we may be talking about 2 different things. I already have my car indicator signals flashing during locking/unlocking. what i was looking for was the red light under the mirror to flash. lots of people say they got theirs to flash by making "DWA" akitv.

this is the light im talking about
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/attach...w-20mirror.jpg
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
just checked and my file is the same! although, i think we may be talking about 2 different things. I already have my car indicator signals flashing during locking/unlocking. what i was looking for was the red light under the mirror to flash. lots of people say they got theirs to flash by making "DWA" akitv.

this is the light im talking about
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/attach...w-20mirror.jpg
Oh the clown nose! Okay, Yah I thought you meant the sidemarker/corner lights flash.

Okay, I just verified with my buddy and his is flashing now so if your GM5 file looks like that.. I am going to assume you have some sort of wiring fault?

My 02 330 does it also after I enabled DWA..
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
I just realised, you have MIT_OPT_ALARM set as nicht_aktiv. (mine is currently set to aktiv). Maybe i will try making my settings exactly the same as what you uploaded and see what happens!

next step i guess is to remove the mirror and maybe replace the LED for the clown nose?

thanks so much for all your help!
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
I just realised, you have MIT_OPT_ALARM set as nicht_aktiv. (mine is currently set to aktiv). Maybe i will try making my settings exactly the same as what you uploaded and see what happens!

next step i guess is to remove the mirror and maybe replace the LED for the clown nose?

thanks so much for all your help!
No sweat, wish I could help more. Might want to check out the bimmerforums.com Coding Section and see if someone can give you more hints over there.
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #11
jaysuper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: fremont ca
Posts: 26
My Ride: Bmw 325i
what tool do you guys use to program this?
jaysuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #12
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
I use NCS expert connected through the OBD port on the car
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysuper View Post
what tool do you guys use to program this?
NCS Expert.
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
jeepo23, i tired copying all the GM5 settings in the FSW_PSW you attached and it didnt work! back to the books! haha thanks anyway
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
jeepo23, i tired copying all the GM5 settings in the FSW_PSW you attached and it didnt work! back to the books! haha thanks anyway
Starting to believe that you have some other sort of wiring issue or busted LED with your mirror.

I would stop the coding and actually inspect the little clown nose.. lol.

Did you ask over on bimmerforums.com the Coding Section?
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
Yeah i think that's the way to go. I'll ask the question at bimmerforums first. If I have no luck, I'll inspect the LED.
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #17
jeepo23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: cdn
Posts: 1,060
My Ride: 02 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbz View Post
Yeah i think that's the way to go. I'll ask the question at bimmerforums first. If I have no luck, I'll inspect the LED.
Yah good luck man, wish I could of been of more help.

Unless it has something to do with your car being Australian and ours is North American? Maybe the vehicle order does play a role in this..
jeepo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
turbz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 46
My Ride: '05 330ci Vert
I was thinking the same thing! When i set my sidemarker_US to akitv, my rear left LEDs (just the outer ring) are always on! but the LED on the rear right side are not! must have something to do with Aus/US vehicle order info. I'll keep you posted! thanks again
turbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
NumbaOneNewb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,656
My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
I had this issue the other day. Did you mess around and unplug then plug back in the 3 wiring harness behind the fuse box recently? If not, if you have a digital multi meter, test that led.
__________________
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)

Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 10-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
NumbaOneNewb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,656
My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
Are you using revtors profile as well?
__________________
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use