E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
erickrayos

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
Sub-frame reinforcement job

I am about to purchase a M3 next Tuesday (29th) and since the car is greatly maintained and almost no need to do anything to it for the next inspection II (20k miles to go) I can turn my attention to the reinforcement of the sub frame, was wondering if anyone knows where can I have it done in SD or LA Area, even in LV area. Turner motorsports have the reinforcement kit in their site (Which another question pops out, there's 2 kits available there, which one is the one to get?) but these kits if I understand have to be welded on? And I cannot DIY that thing, I just simply don't trust myself on welding this kind of stuff since I am fairly new on welding and my success rate on welding is pretty low =P.

So yeah where can I have this done in SD/LA/LV area? and how much would it cost to get it done?
erickrayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
Prdquik

My Ride: 04 M3 Coupe
I just picked up my M3 from Offset Motorwerks in Glendora Ca. 626 335-0652. I've seen the quality of their work and there amazing online reviews. All five star. I had full subframe welding and all bushings replaced with AKG trailing arm and OEM on the diff. Great pricing and honest job done by the guys at Offset. Ask for Mitchell. ( Check out their reviews ) You won't be disappointed. Hope this helps!
Prdquik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
erickrayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prdquik View Post
I just picked up my M3 from Offset Motorwerks in Glendora Ca. 626 335-0652. I've seen the quality of their work and there amazing online reviews. All five star. I had full subframe welding and all bushings replaced with AKG trailing arm and OEM on the diff. Great pricing and honest job done by the guys at Offset. Ask for Mitchell. ( Check out their reviews ) You won't be disappointed. Hope this helps!
How much did it cost you? Lang racing quoted me 1400 for the complete job plates are made by them. If i wanted to change the bushings and whatnot Just have to pay for the parts. Currently trying to contact racewerkz to see how much they would do it for.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #4
Prdquik

My Ride: 04 M3 Coupe
You have a PM.

You have a PM.
Prdquik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
erickrayos

thanks guys! so far racewerkz is winning the battle xD
Old 01-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
bmwTuner1

My Ride: Bmw, 330ci
I recently discovered cracks in my sub-frame. About how much is Racewerks quoting?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #7
erickrayos

from what I understand, small cracks are almost always present on it, mine just happened to be taken care and have not been driven hard so not a single sign of crack was showing outside the bushings.

I was told, on a normal car that has minor cracks that is normally found it would cost $1140 and there's a discount if paid in cash. that is just for the reinforcement (plates are made by them), if you wanna change all the bushings and whatnot that can be done as well while the subframe is down, it would total to about just under $1700. I don't know how they found out (maybe casey checked my facebook profile? talked to them thru facebook) that I am military and offered me military discount on top of that.

others offered me 1600 just for the reinforcement and additional cost replacing all other stuff.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #8
bmwTuner1

Thanks Erick! I am talking to a couple shops in the LA area and will see how much they quote me. It seems that anything around $1200 is a good deal and over $1700 on the pricey side. I know its tricky to generalize the quote because it depends on the amount of damage. The body shop where I normally take my car does amazing work but hes never done this repair. I wonder if its best I wait and take it to my guy or just take it to one of these other shops. Please post experience and quality if you do the work.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #9
erickrayos

Exactly, that quote is basically for the best case scenario, minimal to no cracks. unless they see it they won't be able to get you a more accurate quote. I just so happen to have no cracks on the M3 that I bought so I guess I lucked out on that one as Racewerkz (Casey) said that there's almost always cracks on it, its just a matter of severity.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #10
erickrayos

Exactly, that quote I got is for the best case scenario. Casey said that its almost always a crack present its just a matter of severity. they can give you a proper quote for your car if they check it out since you said there is cracks present on it. I guess I lucked out that the M3 that I bought didnt have any, if I remember it right Casey said that from all the e46 they have reinforced only 2? didn't have cracks present.

Last edited by erickrayos; 01-04-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #11
bmwTuner1

Thats sad. I recently took my car into the stealership for the airbag recall and mentioned it to the service rep, he acted like he had never heard of the failing subframes. May be wasting my time but im also talking to the dealership to see what they offer. I need a lot of luck on my side.