E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
edwincamacho

My Ride: 05 BMW E46 325i
Bluetooth installation and no need for parts or $

Hi yust want to let know this
After a long search found out that i did not need to buy any thing to put bluetooth to work on my 05 325i sedan. I cantact Brian at Circle Bmw and he gave all the instruction how to do this. Here are the information

BMW Assist with Integrated Bluetooth (If your car is in this range and has the pre-wired phone tap on the rear trunk dppr inside you proberly have all the parts installed like i have)

Model
E46(3 SERIES) from 9/04 production (325i/iA from10/04 production) with Premium Packge (ZPP) or BMW Assist (SA 639) comes allready with every thing and you yust have to do is the Pairing Procedure

Paring Procedure for I/K-BUS Vehicles ( E.G, E46, E53, E83, E85 )
1) The custermer handset must be verified for compatibily, visit WWW.bmwusa.com/bluetooth for a list of handset that has passed BMW testing for compatibily. ( My is a SANSUNG and work perfect )

2) Turn the key off and then to KLR or KL15. ( I just truned the key from off to the next position)

3) The vehicle is ready for pairing for the frist 2 minutes of key on.

4) If the R/T( ON THE STEERING WHEEL) buttom on the MFL is pressed, "Activate Phone" appears on the MID or Board Monitor.

5) Druing the pairing process, depending on the equipment, the indicator lights on the MID or Board Monitor display flash.

6) Yor mobile phone should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner Manual for your handset.

7) Arequest to enter a password, PIN, or code appears on the handset display, depending on your model. Enter the Bluetooth Passkey (SUPPLIED WITH THE VEHICLE LITERATURE. I had to take out the cover on the driver side in the trunk to remove the the Bluetooth Module and fine the passkey number that are 4 number only)using the numerical key on the handset, and confirm the input. Look for a confirmation message on the handset.

8) To conclude the pairing process, turn the key off.

9) Wait approximately 30 seconds before turing the keu back on. The phone will now be conected when the key is truned on. It may take several minutes to initialy load the phonebook stored in the hanset, depending on the number of entries.
edwincamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
so you had the bluetooth option in the car and you successfully paired your phone.

How is this a bluetooth install?

congrats?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
edwincamacho

My Ride: 05 BMW E46 325i
bluetooth

The Blue tooth module is installed in the rear truck above the CD changer ( if you have one)but it is there on the passenger side, the Bluetooth antena is installed under the rear end of the center console arm rest and every thing is wired. The microphone i did not fine it .
edwincamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #4
chris1098

My Ride: 2003 318ci
Spelling Fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfamous44 View Post
i doo have the caps..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1098 View Post
:rofl: Free bump for stupidity :)
chris1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
CharlieHustle

My Ride: 03 330xi / 04 X5
Quote:
Spelling Fail
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
mitfa911

My Ride: 2001 330 CIc
So all you are saying is that your car came with bluetooth from the factory and you did not even know it. By the way the microphone is right next to the sunroof switch behind the small black grill.
mitfa911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Spelling Fail
big time.

but the op lives in PR so that explains it. I now my Spanish writing would be worse

i cleaned it up some

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwincamacho View Post
Hi yust want to let know this
After a long search found out that i did not need to buy any thing to put bluetooth to work on my 05 325i sedan. I contact Brian at Circle Bmw and he gave all the instruction how to do this. Here are the information

BMW Assist with Integrated Bluetooth (If your car is in this range and has the pre-wired phone tap on the rear trunk door inside you probably have all the parts installed like i have)

Model
E46(3 SERIES) from 9/04 production (325i/iA from10/04 production) with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist (SA 639) comes already with every thing and you just have to do is the Pairing Procedure

Paring Procedure for I/K-BUS Vehicles ( E.G, E46, E53, E83, E85 )
1) The customer handset must be verified for compatibly, visit WWW.bmwusa.com/bluetooth for a list of handset that has passed BMW testing for compatibly. ( My is a SAMSUNG and work perfect )

2) Turn the key off and then to KLR or KL15. ( I just turned the key from off to the next position)

3) The vehicle is ready for pairing for the first 2 minutes of key on.

4) If the R/T( ON THE STEERING WHEEL) button on the MFL is pressed, "Activate Phone" appears on the MID or Board Monitor.

5) Druing the pairing process, depending on the equipment, the indicator lights on the MID or Board Monitor display flash.

6) Your mobile phone should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner Manual for your handset.

7) A request to enter a password, PIN, or code appears on the handset display, depending on your model. Enter the Bluetooth Passkey (SUPPLIED WITH THE VEHICLE LITERATURE. I had to take out the cover on the driver side in the trunk to remove the the Bluetooth Module and fine the passkey number that are 4 number only)using the numerical key on the handset, and confirm the input. Look for a confirmation message on the handset.

8) To conclude the pairing process, turn the key off.

9) Wait approximately 30 seconds before turning the key back on. The phone will now be connected when the key is turned on. It may take several minutes to initially load the phonebook stored in the handset, depending on the number of entries.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 10-12-2010 at 10:25 AM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
28firefighter

My Ride: 2004 330xi
Alright, I guess I should ask, even though I'm sure I know the answer.

I have an 04 330xi, that has BMW Assist. The car has a production date of 12/03. The card I have in my glove box indicates that it is a bluetooth unit (has a bluetooth passkey). I cannot see the entire BMW Assist unit in the trunk, but it appears to have a bluetooth symbol on it. When I turn on the car however, and I search for bluetooth devices, nothing comes up. Additionally, if I push the R/T button, it shows "Phonebook Empty." Do I have bluetooth, or no?

Thanks!

Alex
28firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28firefighter View Post
Alright, I guess I should ask, even though I'm sure I know the answer.

I have an 04 330xi, that has BMW Assist. The car has a production date of 12/03. The card I have in my glove box indicates that it is a bluetooth unit (has a bluetooth passkey). I cannot see the entire BMW Assist unit in the trunk, but it appears to have a bluetooth symbol on it. When I turn on the car however, and I search for bluetooth devices, nothing comes up. Additionally, if I push the R/T button, it shows "Phonebook Empty." Do I have bluetooth, or no?

Thanks!

Alex
yes u do.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
28firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
yes u do.
So I am confused then, how come I cannot pair the unit? The talking head button on my steering wheel, when pressed, starts ringing to BMW assist.

HELP!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
delmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28firefighter View Post
So I am confused then, how come I cannot pair the unit? The talking head button on my steering wheel, when pressed, starts ringing to BMW assist.

HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFF112 View Post
Please Help. In my 04 M I dont have Navi but I have the S.O.S. rear view mirror. I tried to call BMW assist with it and it works. I tried to look up the bluetooth key under the TCU but the sticker didnt have the code for it. What can I do to get my BT working.
I'm not sure how the OEM Bluetooth works. All I know it is VERY expensive and uses more parts and bits than toys on the floors at a day nursery.

I'm surprised you got the SOS working that means your Bluetooth is active (if you in fact dialed thru your phone.) As for the TCU security code sticker that is something new to me. I assume it is the pairing code you are referencing. The universal default pairing code is a 4 digit number and is usually 1-2-3-4 or 0-0-0-0

More information on Bluetooth and Bluetooth activation here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ight=bluetooth

http://www.bigpatsfans.com/bmw.htm

http://www.bigpatsfans.com/bt/bluetooth.htm

http://www.bigpatsfans.com/bt/pics/3...nBluetooth.pdf

http://www.bigpatsfans.com/bt/pics/B...ce_Control.pdf

Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
28firefighter

Duplicate.

Last edited by 28firefighter; 10-12-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
28firefighter

As I understand it, with a TCU with Assist and Bluetooth, the Assist uses cell phone circuitry built into the TCU to dial out, and the bluetooth is separate.

I'm completely baffled here, with the exception that maybe despite the passkey and bluetooth symbols, the circuitry was not enabled.

That would stink.