E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
florida2002m3

My Ride: 330 ZHP
EBAY header list, if you have them please post

So there is a thread "everything you need to know about ebay headers" Well its about 6 pages long.

What i would like to see is a list of what headers they have, as in who they bought it from and if they had fitment/quality issues.
Please dont ask questions in this thread, "will these work". we want to keep this really short and to the point.

That way people can just go through 2 pages of posts or search by seller to see if the headers they found on ebay work or not.

CAR:
SELLER:
FITMENT:
COMMENTS

Short and sweet please.

Last edited by florida2002m3; 04-12-2010 at 11:24 AM.
florida2002m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
AdamBath

My Ride: E30
http://www.shop.stettperformance.com...7&categoryId=4

/thread
Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambath View Post
Old 04-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
///Orient3

My Ride: can't be defined
Ahhh, 2010. If you actually read about them, you'll find out that the reason they are so inexpensive is largely due to quality control. Seller A may have 20 sets of headers, 18 may have fitment problems, and the other 2 fit perfectly. Seller B may also have 20 sets of headers, where 18 fit perfectly, and 2 have fitment problems. Both seller A and B likely got them from the same original source. See the problem now? The biggest problems people have had is ordering a set for a 325/330 and getting a set for a 323/328. But what you're asking people to compile isn't going to be helpful. Oh yeah, the Stett Headers are a good idea.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
rkneeshaw

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Buy Stett. You can get a ceramic coated header cheaper than you could buy the bare headers off ebay and then have them coated by JetHot or the like. Thats the way I would do it if I had to do it again.

rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Chris-alfonso

My Ride: 330i
you can also get them here
Chris-alfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
florida2002m3

HMMMM, well i guess the post is already OT, lol.

I agree that the EBAY headers are cheap knockoffs and that the fitment is unreliable. I also agree that the price of ebay headers and + the price of powder coating= about the price of reputable powder coated $300 headers.

I was HOPING that we could at least get some sort of guidance on the ebay headers. like 80% of the time this seller has proper fitment. There has got to be some Ebayer that actually checks his product. Who knows????
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
///Orient3

My Ride: can't be defined
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida2002m3 View Post
I was HOPING that we could at least get some sort of guidance on the ebay headers. like 80% of the time this seller has proper fitment. There has got to be some Ebayer that actually checks his product. Who knows????
That is exactly what I was saying can't be done. When I got my headers, I installed them on an extra cylinder head, but you really expect an Ebay seller to go through the trouble of installing each and every set on a car to see if they fit? I'm sure they would waste 3-5 hours to do that, why wouldn't they? What are they going to do when they don't fit (which they hardly ever do)?...not sell them, I'd be willing to suffer huge losses if I was an Ebay seller. I'd also bet my own car that almost every Ebay seller of these headers doesn't own an E46. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this post is just a waste of time and space. The best you can do is hope that a seller sends you the proper headers, good luck if you expect them to fit most of the time (mainly O2 sensor bungs that are the problem). Just search, search, search, and you will realize how common this is.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
florida2002m3

I was thinkin that they could soft mount it on a template or something, but you are right, most of them probably dont own a e46 and dont really know which ones fit or not.

I personally plan on getting the Stett ones as there is no reason not to go ceramic coat.
I just thought that after reading around on header threads i saw this question alot " will these headers work" , " is this a good seller". So i figured i would consolidate the results. I guess for $75 bucks it may be worth the gamble for some people.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
rkneeshaw

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-alfonso View Post
you can also get them here
F1 Autohaus is also very reputable and those are great prices

rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
terces

My Ride: 2001 330 ci
f1

Has anyone had success getting F1 Autohaus to reply to you? I've emailed and pm'd them multiple times over the last 2 weeks with no response.
terces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by terces View Post
Has anyone had success getting F1 Autohaus to reply to you? I've emailed and pm'd them multiple times over the last 2 weeks with no response.
I would hit up Anthony@BimmerBrakes. As he was the one in charge with the Headers and Brakes. He has started his own Company.

-TrippinBimmer
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #13
terces

My Ride: 2001 330 ci
headers

I got a reply this morning. They don't have the ceramic coated headers anymore. Mike said they are trying to find a new source that is more reasonably priced.
terces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #14
F1004fun

My Ride: '02 330Ci
I hear a lot of complaints about E-bay headers and I can't argue with you guys, there cheap Chinese knockoffs. (no offense) BUT, I must say that my cheap Chinese knockoffs fit perfectly.
Sure i had to take a die grinder and smooth out the welds inside the tubing. Sure the ceramic coating is a joke probably made of spent plutonium, it cost me more to have them jet-hot coated then the headers cost.
But they fit perfect! They did have a manufacturing tag on them from Top Speed Performance and they were about $200.
F1004fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #15
ice2003

My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
I plan on getting the Stetts soon.....will post back when I have them installed. I need to take care of some cooling stuff first.
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
gra_2472

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330CI
i must be one of the lucky ones...i bought a set of e-bay headers mated up with an AA 3 gen exhaust, no fitment problems or extra modifications required. i'm also in germany and my dedicated bmw mechanic (who drives a stable of different bimmers) said it was no problem, especially since he did the same thing in one of his cars.
gra_2472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
\\V

My Ride: 2002 AW 330ci
Got mines off eBay as well and fitted no problem. Check my DIY thread for more info
\\V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
wangx

My Ride: 325i
Pictures won't load... any problem with the host server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamann330ci View Post
Got mines off eBay as well and fitted no problem. Check my DIY thread for more info
wangx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
\\V

My Ride: 2002 AW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangx View Post
Pictures won't load... any problem with the host server?
Scroll down to post #15

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...1&postcount=15
\\V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #20
wangx

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamann330ci View Post
patience man, I need patience
wangx is offline   Reply With Quote