E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
IL IN MI MN OH WI

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
05graysport

My Ride: 46/325 B5/S4 39/M5
Reccomendation for Shop: Michigan. Go to Jurgens Shop!

Been to a repair shop a few times now, owned by a man named Jurgen. He has been honest since day 1, he also used to work at a dealership.

I'm not so much for recommending work that should be done right anyway, if you pay, right?

Well, when you have two people working on your car, the second you bring it in, when there is a lot of vehicles waiting, FAST service and he even showed me all my used worn parts and how bad they were. My Control arm bushings were totally garbage, my valve cover gasket was brittle. He came to the waiting room and showed me how bad it was, showed me the job done, all for a heck of a price, fast service and honest.

I do a lot of reading on a certain problm I will have. I cant imagine how many people go to repair shops and don't know what estimate to believe. I knew coming in here, before I had met Jurgen, what I should be paying, and his offer was less, actually, cheaper than anyone in town.

4 bays(I think), actual hydraulic lift, not like some of these guys using jack stands and claiming they are Pro's.

Not making a penny for this, dont expect to, but its not very possible now days to find someone very accomodating, two people on your car to save YOU time, and honesty with GREAT repair work.

My control arm bushings were toast, anyone could have told me to change my tie rods, control arms etc, he showed me how those are good and the CAB's are bad.

For the Valve Cover Gasket, that was a sure shot leak, but the right side of my engine had a suspected leak. I was willing to pay for the extra parts and have that done too. How many mechanics would tell you even if you didnt need it done, that something else needs fixing in this situation? I was told, nothing else is wrong, the Valve cover gasket is all and I was on my way, 90% of repair shops dont carry this honesty.

Hope to finish all the work on my car.

Go to Jurgens Automotive Repair in Livonia Michigan.

1-734-525-5117
05graysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
prostock3

My Ride: E46 M3
just a heads up i am also a bmw dealer master tech, 8 years i am also opening up my own shop for after hrs appointment work. pm me cheap good rate due to low overhead $65hr
prostock3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
krakenM3

My Ride: 2004 M3
Where are you located?
krakenM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
05graysport

My Ride: 46/325 B5/S4 39/M5
He's in Walled Lake. He knows what he s doing, just had some work done. PM me if you want his number, i dont think he would mind.
05graysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
prostock3

My Ride: E46 M3
hey guys sorry been quite for some time, im still around if anyone needs some work or help let me know...retired from the bmw dealer to move on to bigger better things but still do side work (prefer BMW's) 10 year exp.
734-431-8940
prostock3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
GolfingElk

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe
Just want to post my story here as a warning about Jurgens. Someone recommended Jurgens to me as well, and I took my old 2001 Bonneville in there for a hub assembly and tie rod replacement. Price was great and the work got done quickly.

A week later I started to notice a strange sound coming from the wheel that was worked on, varying with speed. I took it in to Jurgens right away, didn't even go home first. It was at 6 PM, right when he closes, but I was concerned something was going to break with the parts he had replaced, so I wanted it looked at right away. He drove the car briefly and kind of just kicked the wheel a little bit, said there was no safety concern, and to take it back in the next day to have him look at it.

The next day on the way to work the sound came back, and went from subtle to really bad very quickly, to the point where I could feel something was about to go terribly wrong. Luckily I immediately slowed down and pulled over to the side of the freeway, and just as I was doing so my wheel fell completely off.

Long story short, a lug nut was loose on the wheel that he had worked on, causing the wheel to fall off on the freeway, luckily at low speeds so I was not hurt. I went to him to try to work out how he would pay for the repair and body work necessary to fix the car. He got really defensive right away and denied any wrongdoing. He tried to blame Belle Tire, who had done an alignment right after his work, while I know they had not touched any of the lug nuts. He went so far as to show me security cam footage of him supposedly torquing the nuts (to who knows what torque) and refused to take any responsibility.

I ended up having to file a claim with my insurance, who promptly went after him for negligence. He actually called me and complained that my insurance was going after him, something I had no control of after filing a claim. They ended up getting him to pay for it and refund my deductible, but the whole experience was terrible.

It's unfortunate that this was my first and only experience with Jurgen, as it seems like others have had great experiences. However I feel that a good mechanic will stand by their work, and if something fails as a result of their work, they do not hesitate to make it right. Jurgen failed to do so, and as a result lost a potential customer for years of future work.

Last edited by GolfingElk; 06-04-2014 at 01:09 PM.
GolfingElk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #7
JE46

My Ride: 01 330XI 02 745I
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfingElk View Post
Just want to post my story here as a warning about Jurgens. Someone recommended Jurgens to me as well, and I took my old 2001 Bonneville in there for a hub assembly and tie rod replacement. Price was great and the work got done quickly.

A week later I started to notice a strange sound coming from the wheel that was worked on, varying with speed. I took it in to Jurgens right away, didn't even go home first. It was at 6 PM, right when he closes, but I was concerned something was going to break with the parts he had replaced, so I wanted it looked at right away. He drove the car briefly and kind of just kicked the wheel a little bit, said there was no safety concern, and to take it back in the next day to have him look at it.

The next day on the way to work the sound came back, and went from subtle to really bad very quickly, to the point where I could feel something was about to go terribly wrong. Luckily I immediately slowed down and pulled over to the side of the freeway, and just as I was doing so my wheel fell completely off.

Long story short, a lug nut was loose on the wheel that he had worked on, causing the wheel to fall off on the freeway, luckily at low speeds so I was not hurt. I went to him to try to work out how he would pay for the repair and body work necessary to fix the car. He got really defensive right away and denied any wrongdoing. He tried to blame Belle Tire, who had done an alignment right after his work, while I know they had not touched any of the lug nuts. He went so far as to show me security cam footage of him supposedly torquing the nuts (to who knows what torque) and refused to take any responsibility.

I ended up having to file a claim with my insurance, who promptly went after him for negligence. He actually called me and complained that my insurance was going after him, something I had no control of after filing a claim. They ended up getting him to pay for it and refund my deductible, but the whole experience was terrible.

It's unfortunate that this was my first and only experience with Jurgen, as it seems like others have had great experiences. However I feel that a good mechanic will stand by their work, and if something fails as a result of their work, they do not hesitate to make it right. Jurgen failed to do so, and as a result lost a potential customer for years of future work.

Did you forget to mention that you went to bell tire for a wheel alignment after I did the repairs and the day you stopped by as I was walking to the car and I went for a test drive and you went back to belle tire ? I told you I would have paid if I did something wrong but when I showed you the video that I tighten the lug nuts with the impact as I always have been and then torqued them with a torque wrench and you apologized (cameras dont lie )and said you would go back to belle tire but you failed to mention that I have never had a wheel come off and I dont see one come off as long as I do what I have been doing things that way I do . But this is like beating a dead horse . It does not take 3 weeks for a wheel to come off but going somewhere else 2 times in the meanwhile ?????
JE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
GolfingElk

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE46 View Post
Did you forget to mention that you went to bell tire for a wheel alignment after I did the repairs and the day you stopped by as I was walking to the car and I went for a test drive and you went back to belle tire ? I told you I would have paid if I did something wrong but when I showed you the video that I tighten the lug nuts with the impact as I always have been and then torqued them with a torque wrench and you apologized (cameras dont lie )and said you would go back to belle tire but you failed to mention that I have never had a wheel come off and I dont see one come off as long as I do what I have been doing things that way I do . But this is like beating a dead horse . It does not take 3 weeks for a wheel to come off but going somewhere else 2 times in the meanwhile ?????
Here we go again. This response illustrates exactly why my experience was terrible.

I don't want to get in to all sorts of details again, as my first post was probably too long already. I did go back to Belle Tire and had them show me the detailed records of what they did to make sure they had not touched the wheel, and I watched them when they checked it prior to that. And it was a week and a half later, not three weeks.

The point is, I knew that neither I nor anybody else had touched that wheel since Jurgen's did the work on it, and whether through a part failure, an accidental mistake on his part, or just bad luck, the part that he worked on failed catastrophically.

I have talked to a few other mechanics since this incident, and they all agreed that they would not have hesitated to make right with the customer, given the details of the story. They told me that this kind of thing can happen even if everything is done correctly, and it's why many mechanics have you stop back in after a certain number of miles just to check that the lug nuts are tight. Instead, I got the kind of response that you see above. It's not that I think he did poor work with the repair, it's how he handled it when something did go wrong.

As I stated before, a few others had recommended his shop to me, and I do believe mine is an isolated incident, so you can make of my story and this exchange what you will. As for me, this is not how I want to be treated as a customer, so I am taking my business elsewhere.

Jurgen - I am sorry that this whole mess went down the way it did, but I did feel very wronged as a customer, and when I saw this thread I thought I should tell my story. I edited my other post that you responded to and removed the mention of this incident, as I felt like without the details it was not fair to bring up in that context. I suggest you remove your response on that thread, as it no longer makes sense, and I don't think it is doing you any favors.

Last edited by GolfingElk; 06-10-2014 at 12:03 PM.
GolfingElk is offline   Reply With Quote