E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #4241
Brandond11

My Ride: 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Brandond11 Send a message via Yahoo to Brandond11
Ryan he's met Alton.

Yeah I'll offer up my garage once I get it finished, I'm in the process of overhauling the storage system and tool storage system. I have some bolt extractors we can try too, that DISA shouldn't be terribly tight...
Brandond11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #4242
skwiggly

My Ride: CBE46M3SMG
I live in Denver; just bought a 2002 Carbon Black Metallic SMG M3. Absolutely loving it so far.

Anyone going to the BMWCCA driving school at HPR on May 19-20? I'm going both days.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...543272C4D63B1D

cheers,
Scott

skwiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #4243
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Yup, a couple of crappy components needing to be replaced. Just that I am not patient or experienced in doing mechanical stuff and I break them even more.
Alton has helped me a ton, just wanted to use his forum name here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandond11 View Post
Ryan he's met Alton.

Yeah I'll offer up my garage once I get it finished, I'm in the process of overhauling the storage system and tool storage system. I have some bolt extractors we can try too, that DISA shouldn't be terribly tight...
I know, I gathered that from his post. Just giving him a hard time because he used vapor four times in two different forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwiggly View Post
I live in Denver; just bought a 2002 Carbon Black Metallic SMG M3. Absolutely loving it so far.

Anyone going to the BMWCCA driving school at HPR on May 19-20? I'm going both days.

cheers,
Scott

Ride looks good

Would love to attend but money and time arn't permitting at the moment.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #4244
AlpinewhiteXi

My Ride: 01 325Xi // 86 325e
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwiggly View Post

cheers,
Scott

Not a cca member and my wannabe track car is beatnik.
AlpinewhiteXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #4245
zimdba

My Ride: 2010 135 Convertible
Did anyone else get the invite for the event at Schomp on April 5? "2012 BMW M Series Launch Party" Not sure what to expect, but I plan on being there.
zimdba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #4246
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimdba View Post
Did anyone else get the invite for the event at Schomp on April 5? "2012 BMW M Series Launch Party" Not sure what to expect, but I plan on being there.
There will be the new F10 M5, Z8s, M3 race/track car, E39 M5 I think and my M5 (if they can paint my sideskirt in time) ...
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #4247
Brandond11

Link to the photos.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...0#post14247970
Old 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #4248
vapor325i

My Ride: 2003 325i sedan
I didnt get an invite
Old 04-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #4249
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandond11 View Post
Ryan he's met Alton.

Thanks Brandon. Whenever you are done man.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #4250
trj

Was great meeting you all finally. Thanks for organizing the meet.

Uploaded pictures from mine in Brandon's thread.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #4251
da Vinci

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Hello all,
My name is Todd, I live in Denver, and picked up a 03 ZHP last September. I also joined the BMWCCA and registered #11AS for racing with that club. I have been involved with SCCA AutoX and time times for a bunch of years. I design and build tandem bicycles, fabricate some race parts. I have done a lot with Honda/Acura, but not too much for the BMW yet. It has been fun and I hope competitive soon enough. That is it.

Click here for my Build Thread
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

da Vinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #4252
Brandond11

Hi Todd I'm Brandon, welcome!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #4253
325adam

My Ride: 02 330i
Welcome, Todd.

It was nice meeting all the new people.

If any one wants to get together and do the VANOS seals like we discussed, let me know. I want to do them at some point in the near future.
325adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #4254
Brandond11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325adam View Post
Welcome, Todd.

If any one wants to get together and do the VANOS seals like we discussed, let me know. I want to do them at some point in the near future.
I'll help with them.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #4255
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325adam View Post
Welcome, Todd.

Welcome Todd.

Hey guys I need to do my VANOS seals and VCG as well. E46BAV90 wanted to do it too. I am in, whenever you guys are doing it just let me know, I will order the stuff.

I have to do my lower boots and fuel filter too. Brandon I will need your help in extracting the DISA bolt too
Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #4256
da Vinci

Thank you all.

My engine has low miles (under 44k) I have no experience with the VANOS. I have done a lot of ECU programming with I-VTEC.
Will the VANOS leak when the seals need to be replaced or will I loose high cam?

This is what I have done so far (it has been a busy winter)
I did drop the pan to change the oil pump shaft, wire tie it and install oil pan baffles. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=898077
I changed most of my suspension, made a couple parts...
Coilover spacer/locks) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=888005
RTAB Limiter limiters) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=890156
Swaybar linkage no-spin thing. For trackside swaybar adjustments) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=890661
I also made some seat brackets, seatbelt brackets and a DIY occupancy sensor bypass) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=901678

I think that is it.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #4257
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Vinci View Post
Thank you all.

My engine has low miles (under 44k) I have no experience with the VANOS. I have done a lot of ECU programming with I-VTEC.
Will the VANOS leak when the seals need to be replaced or will I loose high cam?

This is what I have done so far (it has been a busy winter)
I did drop the pan to change the oil pump shaft, wire tie it and install oil pan baffles. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=898077
I changed most of my suspension, made a couple parts...
Coilover spacer/locks) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=888005
RTAB Limiter limiters) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=890156
Swaybar linkage no-spin thing. For trackside swaybar adjustments) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=890661
I also made some seat brackets, seatbelt brackets and a DIY occupancy sensor bypass) http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=901678

I think that is it.

As far as I know, when the factory VANOS seals become old (around 50K miles) they just don't seal the vanos pistons well. This results in loss of power in lower rpms and initial pick up gets hit. Also the mpgs drop.
You have a ZHP, and the ZHPs are also known to have the rattling VANOS issue, which can be resolved with a software update.

Also its a good time to do VCG replacement when doing VANOS or vice versa since you have to be there anyway.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #4258
da Vinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
As far as I know, when the factory VANOS seals become old (around 50K miles) they just don't seal the vanos pistons well. This results in loss of power in lower rpms and initial pick up gets hit. Also the mpgs drop.
You have a ZHP, and the ZHPs are also known to have the rattling VANOS issue, which can be resolved with a software update.

Also its a good time to do VCG replacement when doing VANOS or vice versa since you have to be there anyway.
I was just studying my Traqmate files from a recent autox and it has accurate HP and Torque data. It has no elevation, temperature, or humidity correction, just raw data. I have nothing for HP or torque below 3800 rpm and then it goes up quickly from there. Does that sound like VANOS seals to you?

Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #4259
Richaraiza

My Ride: TS2+ 330ci, 135i
Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor325i View Post
Yea i average crappy gas mileage, I have the sprint booster that I bought from Rich a while back..... BECAUSE RACECAR!
Sprint booster shouldn't affect your gas mileage. BTW, I want my rims back.... lol.

I averaged about 25mpg with the supercharger on the highway.

Last edited by Richaraiza; 04-09-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Richaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #4260
Brandond11

Alright guys, got a few things pulled out of the car today. Got the original interior back in and the rollbar pulled out. This will be the first thing that i am selling. I only want what I have into it. $600. It was built by Built By Bones originally for Garrett before he decided to go full cage, and was finished in the gray metallic paint. It's served me well, but will not be making it into the M3 at this time.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power