E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:30 AM   #441
bitfi3nd

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wenty6 View Post
I know that people usually run 245/40/17 or 255 on the Koseis for e36 M. And IIRC the e36 M3 and e46 non-M has about the same wheel fitment.
Cool, thanks. wheels and tires on the way. I've had this car since the beginning of (E46) time. I'm more interested in moderate performance improvement than looks, and the koseis don't look bad. They aren't beautiful by any means, but they are light, and in budget.

I know it seems like I'm "wasting" money on this car, but the insurance rates are good, and since I've owned it from the start, I know it's been taken care of.

I did just find some dents/deep scratches (ex girls, I'm sure) waxing it today. But my insurance should cover them and the car should look and drive better than new when I finish it up. And there is no way I could buy a car that I was sure of the maint. history that I liked as much for what I'm putting into this old girl.

She's been from CO to all over Canada and back, Oregon and back twice, Seattle and back at least 4 times, San Diego and back twice, to VA and back twice, etc, etc.

She's never let me down, and once all this maint./upgrade has been done I'll be back on the highway with her for some more long road trips. (I like reliability, so even though it may seem stupid to replace things that haven't broken YET, I'd rather head the problems at the pass than wait for AAA...

Besides, this was my first new car ever, and after trying to bring who knows how many cool (used) cars back to to reliable, i/ swore that I'd never be the guy who lets his car deteriorate. Here's to another 115k miles.
bitfi3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #442
Richaraiza

My Ride: TS2+ 330ci, 135i
Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitfi3nd View Post
She's been from CO to all over Canada and back, Oregon and back twice, Seattle and back at least 4 times, San Diego and back twice, to VA and back twice, etc, etc.
Awesome, sounds like my car. Its been everywhere. CO to Cali. CO to MO to WI to CO. CO to Florida. CO to WI again. And all over Germany.
Richaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #443
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
Guess I'm confused Garrett. What other sounds are you planning on picking up with the mic? The only real sounds you can hear from the car are exhaust noise anyways, unless you want to hear me cursing the slow people in front of me...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #444
Richaraiza

Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
I just got a mental picture of you performing this act.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #445
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
lol i got that image too ...

OKAY... who the hell gave it permission to snow.

azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:33 AM   #446
Richaraiza

*raises hand slowly*
Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #447
azzy989

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitfi3nd View Post
Cool, thanks. wheels and tires on the way. I've had this car since the beginning of (E46) time. I'm more interested in moderate performance improvement than looks, and the koseis don't look bad. They aren't beautiful by any means, but they are light, and in budget.

I know it seems like I'm "wasting" money on this car, but the insurance rates are good, and since I've owned it from the start, I know it's been taken care of.

I did just find some dents/deep scratches (ex girls, I'm sure) waxing it today. But my insurance should cover them and the car should look and drive better than new when I finish it up. And there is no way I could buy a car that I was sure of the maint. history that I liked as much for what I'm putting into this old girl.

She's never let me down, and once all this maint./upgrade has been done I'll be back on the highway with her for some more long road trips. (I like reliability, so even though it may seem stupid to replace things that haven't broken YET, I'd rather head the problems at the pass than wait for AAA...

Besides, this was my first new car ever, and after trying to bring who knows how many cool (used) cars back to to reliable, i/ swore that I'd never be the guy who lets his car deteriorate. Here's to another 115k miles.
i'm sure you'll like the k1's.. i think they might be lighter than your current style 45s.. i have the same wheels and they are only a tad lighter than the SSRs i have.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #448
azzy989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richaraiza View Post
*raises hand slowly*
i knew it

Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #449
docwyte

Well, you'd still get to see the hand gestures and add your own commentary with the mic in the back! Or I suppose I could do a voice over... "Here I am, coming up on this slow a$$ MFer AGAIN, let's see if he lets me by....."

Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #450
Richaraiza

couldn't have you guys having fun without me

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
Well, you'd still get to see the hand gestures and add your own commentary with the mic in the back! Or I suppose I could do a voice over... "Here I am, coming up on this slow a$$ MFer AGAIN, let's see if he lets me by....."
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #451
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #452
delirium45

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Guess I'm confused Garrett. What other sounds are you planning on picking up with the mic? The only real sounds you can hear from the car are exhaust noise anyways, unless you want to hear me cursing the slow people in front of me...
for those of us w/o a transaxle i like to hear the motor noise and the gear whine along with the exhaust (plus the cursing is always a nice add-on)

2011 Rocky Mountain Region GTS4 champion & "Rookie of the Year"
2012 Rocky Mountain Region GTS3 champion
Thanks Sponsors: SCR Performance & Built-by-Bones
delirium45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #453
Richaraiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #454
docwyte

Hmm, I don't know if you can really hear motor noise, that's usually just exhaust noise you're hearing. I suppose you could put the external mic inside the car on the floor or something. Otherwise the only thing you're going to hear is wind noise...

Old 04-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #455
delirium45

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know if you can really hear motor noise, that's usually just exhaust noise you're hearing. I suppose you could put the external mic inside the car on the floor or something. Otherwise the only thing you're going to hear is wind noise...
exactly, i was thinking of putting mine behind the driver seat on the floor, or in the passenger footwell on the firewall.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #456
Richaraiza

You can put it on the dashboard
Old 04-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #457
docwyte

You'll get too much wind noise on the dash board. I think on the floor you won't hear anything, no exhaust noise, etc. I'll try it, then move it to the back of the car and see what happens.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #458
delirium45

also, Josh, do you have a HANS ?
i want to try some out but not sure where to start with layback degree

Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #459
docwyte

I do have a HANS, just bought it. Figured that now that I have proper harnesse, seats, rollbar it was time... It'll be a bit big on you, but you're welcome to try it for size, etc.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #460
delirium45

Quote:
I do have a HANS, just bought it. Figured that now that I have proper harnesse, seats, rollbar it was time... It'll be a bit big on you, but you're welcome to try it for size, etc.
thanks, i'd like that.
hope you can make it out on the 7th.

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power