E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum

The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum
Use this forum to discuss anything in relation to wheels to tires to offsets.
Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Off set...

Will a 55mm offset work on a e46 330i/330xi???? anyone???
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
pat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,247
My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Will a 55mm offset work on a e46 330i/330xi???? anyone???
Front or Rear? What's the width of the wheel and with what tire?
__________________
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
it's a square set up i was hoping to run a 235/XX/17 the offset is 55mm all the way around. (wheels are 5/100...ET 35MM) (getting 5x120 to 5x100 20mm adapters) anyone??? heh
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
pat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,247
My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
it's a square set up i was hoping to run a 235/XX/17 the offset is 55mm all the way around. (wheels are 5/100...ET 35MM) (getting 5x120 to 5x100 20mm adapters) anyone??? heh
So I'm guessing the wheels are 8.5 inches wide based on your tire selection. If you are adding a 20mm adapter (essentially a spacer) you will actually be getting an offset of 15mm not 55mm. You are pushing the wheel outward, therefore lowering the offset. This is guaranteed NOT to fit your ride bro.
__________________
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
RAFF112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Springfield Gardens, NY
Posts: 1,178
My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat View Post
So I'm guessing the wheels are 8.5 inches wide based on your tire selection. If you are adding a 20mm adapter (essentially a spacer) you will actually be getting an offset of 15mm not 55m. You are pushing the wheel outward, therefore lowering the offset. This is guaranteed NOT to fit your ride bro.
I think his wheels are ET55 and he wants to add a 20mm spacer making it ET35. In any case you'll be fine.(not even flush yet)
__________________

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
pat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,247
My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFF112 View Post
I think his wheels are ET55 and he wants to add a 20mm spacer making it ET35. In any case you'll be fine.(not even flush yet)
Aaaahh Okay.. I couldn't tell by how the message was written but this would be correct. He can even add a little extra in the rear.
__________________
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
again to be sure the wheel is 35 e/t 5x100 (fact) i am buying custom adapters that are 5x120 to 5x100mm, they are 20mm wide so assuming the adapters are 20mm and the ET on the wheel is 35 with a bolt pattern of 5x100 (if this matters) how is the fitment??? all info is welcome .....

Last edited by xixixi; 04-26-2010 at 06:01 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
cheech320
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 279
My Ride: Is TiAg
if you are adding a 20mm spacer(adapter) your offset will effectively be 15 and will not work without some work. You may need to stretch a smaller tire across that wheel, roll/shave your fender and maybe have them pulled.
__________________
-Anthony

Photobucket
cheech320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
pat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,247
My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
again to be sure the wheel is 35 e/t 5x100 (fact) i am buying custom adapters that are 5x120 to 5x100mm, they are 20mm wide so assuming the adapters are 20mm and the ET on the wheel is 35 with a bolt pattern of 5x100 (if this matters) how is the fitment??? all info is welcome .....

ohhh.. then my initial assumptions were correct. You'll end up with 55mm offset. No go brah
__________________
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 AM   #10
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
so is it 15 or 55? lol
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #11
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
can i get 1x100 drilled to make em 1x120???
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
BartenderPlease
OEM ///Member
 
BartenderPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 9,146
My Ride: 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
it's a square set up i was hoping to run a 235/XX/17 the offset is 55mm all the way around. (wheels are 5/100...ET 35MM) (getting 5x120 to 5x100 20mm adapters) anyone??? heh
dude

so is the wheel et55 or et35?
__________________

awaits: hot cams, headers, tune
image
AERA Performance Engine Builder
| BBS | FK | Rogue Eng | K&N | Exhaust | 330i Brakes |
| b30 manifold | ported head | FX-R/Orion V4 | LEDs |
| Alcantara | Khoalty Knob | JL Audio |

BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #13
VMRWheels
Sponsor
 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 10,059
My Ride: 1:25 Scale Enzo
Send a message via AIM to VMRWheels Send a message via Yahoo to VMRWheels
Im a bit confused throughout the thread.

If the wheels are 5x100, you must run bolt adapters to a 5x120, that are approx. about 20mm thick. This will virtually lower the offset from a +55 like you initially said to a +35. If the wheel IS 8.5" wide, +35 offset on a 235 tire is perfectly fine all around.

-Charles@VMRWheels
__________________
Mitch @ VMR | Wheels
Tel: 714-442-7916 EXT 107 | Email: Mitch@velocitymotoring.com

Facebook! | Flickr! | Blog! | Instagram!
New for 2014: V702 Multispoke | V810 Flow Form
VMRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
pat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 1,247
My Ride: e92 M3 / Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to pat Send a message via Skype™ to pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartenderPlease View Post
dude

so is the wheel et55 or et35?
+1 ... this needs to be clarified.
__________________
pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #15
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
i apologize i was a little drunk when i wrote this yesterday. The wheel is 35ET I will need to adapters that are basically a 20MM spacer. hope this cleared it up??? can i get these drilled to a 5x120 bolt pattern??
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,686
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Im a bit confused throughout the thread.

If the wheels are 5x100, you must run bolt adapters to a 5x120, that are approx. about 20mm thick. This will virtually lower the offset from a +55 like you initially said to a +35. If the wheel IS 8.5" wide, +35 offset on a 235 tire is perfectly fine all around.

-Charles@VMRWheels
this...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #17
dizz81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 316
My Ride: Money pit...
/Thread highjack

Have a set of VMR V710's

18x8.5 35mm fronts
18.9.5 45mm rears

Would these work on an 05 330ci? Would I need to change anything, or use an adapter for anything? Since this is an "offset" thread

/end highjack

dizz81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #18
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,686
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizz81 View Post
/Thread highjack

Have a set of VMR V710's

18x8.5 35mm fronts
18.9.5 45mm rears

Would these work on an 05 330ci? Would I need to change anything, or use an adapter for anything? Since this is an "offset" thread

/end highjack

perfect fitment. might even be able to run 265s out back too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #19
BMWespresso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,558
My Ride: 2005 325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
i apologize i was a little drunk when i wrote this yesterday. The wheel is 35ET I will need to adapters that are basically a 20MM spacer. hope this cleared it up??? can i get these drilled to a 5x120 bolt pattern??
won't work 35et with 20mm spacer is a 15et, no good, have a drink
__________________
BMWespresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
xixixi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 3,008
My Ride: 01 330x-xi
i scrapped the idea they are oz superleggeras off my buddies gti. like 17lbs a rim but i realized i would have a hard time getting replacements and be in the same **** i'm in now. bent 2 rims the other day. i'm just gonna ride my trek and save up for something that fits right
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use