E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
JPrieur

My Ride: '02 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to JPrieur
need help w/ adding sub amp

Does anyone know of an EQ/crossover that can take in 4 channels of input (prefereably diff/balanced) and send out 4 channels plus a sepeated dedicated mono sub channel. I would like something like this to be in line before my ads 650 and my sub amp. Thanks

I would also like this to boost the mids which seem to be lacking from my stock HU. Also, what exactly is a line driver, and would one be benificial with the high voltage outputs that already colme out of the stock HU.

thanks
JPrieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
johnhab

My Ride: '02 330xi
Send a message via AIM to johnhab Send a message via Yahoo to johnhab
6 channels is overkill, but looks like the EQS does what you want:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAu...ers/index.html

I think you're asking about a line output converter. An LOC takes the balanced differential outputs of the BMW headunit and converts them to unbalanced, which is the input most amps (especially non-high end) expect.

A lot of people call LOCs line drivers, but that's a different product. A line driver takes a low-level/preamp signal and amplifies it. For example, some have hacked their headunits and added a connection for an MP3 player. If the MP3 player's line out jack doesn't put out a decent voltage, the headunit has to be turned WAY up to get any decent loudness, but there's alot of noise. The line driver ups the signal voltage before the headunit's amp, partially fixing the problem.

johnhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 11:54 AM   #3
drgalleg

My Ride: '02 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to drgalleg Send a message via Yahoo to drgalleg
MTX makes a crossover that does this:

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...RTX02A_400.cfm
drgalleg is offline   Reply With Quote