E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
ISPPerformance

My Ride: 99 323i
Another Angel Eyes question....

Ok, so I have a 99' 323i, does not have angel eye headlights, what are my options? Do I need to get a whole new headlight or can I just get those angel eyes inserts I see on ebay? If you use the inserts you have to pull the lenses of the headlights I take it.
ISPPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
Hartman

My Ride: 2000 323i
Do a search for Orion V2. Be overwhelmed with the amount of threads. Report back.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Malladawg
Beware of pwner

My Ride: 2000 323I OrientBlau
Send a message via AIM to Malladawg Send a message via MSN to Malladawg Send a message via Yahoo to Malladawg
At first I thought this was a joke, but I saw that I just bought some stickers from you. lol

Here you go, just read this thread and you are all set.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745120
Old 04-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
I paid to have mine done. People on this form talked sht about me doing that. But i sat there and watched them do it i was fairly easy i just didn't want to fuk it up. I would order mine from a sponsor on this site. Got mine from ddm (80+LED). But they all got them just look for the cheapest price for the style u want. I would stay away from e bay. I always phone order just to be sure they know my model and that there the ones i want. I was going to get a whole new headlight but i have the stock HID's and any of those would have actually been a down grade. And your prefacelift so you dont have to bake the headlights there is a ton ot DIY guides

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...087&highlight=
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISPPerformance View Post
Ok, so I have a 99' 323i, does not have angel eye headlights, what are my options? Do I need to get a whole new headlight or can I just get those angel eyes inserts I see on ebay? If you use the inserts you have to pull the lenses of the headlights I take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malladawg View Post
At first I thought this was a joke, but I saw that I just bought some stickers from you. lol

Here you go, just read this thread and you are all set.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745120
Check the review link in my signature. The review was for F1AutoHaus kit but the ones Khoalty sells are from the same manufacturer.
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Tim30250

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '09 G37
Send a message via AIM to Tim30250
If we get anymore angel eye questions they may have to create a forum dedicated exclusively to lighting.

2002 BMW 330Cic... ZSP, 5MT
Mods: VF Stg. 1 Supercharger, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, UUC Sway Bars

Original Owner... 50,038 miles as of 05/19/14
Tim30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
motegi18s

My Ride: BMW 325i
what ever you do .. DO NOT get the ebay angel eyes.. first hand experience here .. they are absolute SH!t. you truly get what you pay for. My advice is to definetly pony up the extra $100ish and get some that look great and will last a long time. I just put Orions on my e46 .. second best day of my life.
motegi18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Oh dear God.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #9
motegi18s

My Ride: BMW 325i
ps .. this really is a super easy, fun DIY. Sack up and diy unlike alexander..
motegi18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg34 View Post
I paid to have mine done. People on this form talked sht about me doing that. But i sat there and watched them do it i was fairly easy i just didn't want to fuk it up. I would order mine from a sponsor on this site. Got mine from ddm (80+LED). But they all got them just look for the cheapest price for the style u want. I would stay away from e bay. I always phone order just to be sure they know my model and that there the ones i want. I was going to get a whole new headlight but i have the stock HID's and any of those would have actually been a down grade. And your prefacelift so you dont have to bake the headlights there is a ton ot DIY guides
How much did you pay?
Old 04-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #11
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISPPerformance View Post
Angel eyes can be installed into your existing lights, or you can put angel eyes into new headlights with projectors.

We recommend the Orion V2 for this reason (and a few others we'll be posting tomorrow)

Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM   #12
Twenza

My Ride: mile high club
i bought the ebay ones (dont judge me!)

they work fine i have to say..if anything they look brighter than the eyes on the current e90...
1995 Toyota Celica (SOLD)
1994 Toyota Soarer 1jZ TT (Current Toy)
2008 Hyosung GT250RR (SWAPPED)
1998 BMW 323i E46 SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Twenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #13
Mulatto325

90 bucks. Took them almst 2 hours and they have done it before. But they wraped all the wiring and all looks stock.

My tops down, its upset.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Couple of options for you. You can either purchase a full headlight replacement such as the Projector46 which replaces the entire headlight with projector based xenons and built in angel eyes. Or, if you just want the angel eye look, you can do the WeissLicht LED Angel Eyes which will install in your existing housings.

It depends on what you want out of the upgrade. If you are satisfied with your current light output, then you can just do the rings. If you prefer to upgrade the functionality and looks of the headlights, then the P46s will be the way to go.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #15
Mulatto325

Quote:
Originally Posted by motegi18s View Post
ps .. this really is a super easy, fun DIY. Sack up and diy unlike alexander..
Im getting there that was my first mod besides the rims. I did the tail lights sigs, sid markred by my damn self and i put in new componets in my doors which was a piain in the ass by the way. So from now on its DIY unless its anythini can't DMS. lol And i ain't rolling in it like some of you high class bimmer owners. I was looking yesterday at how much some of you guys paid for your cars and i almost **** my pants. Most are like 25 to 45 thousand.

My tops down, its upset.